Sabriel

Sabriel

for in that sleep of death what dreams may come
Jul 23, 2019
I've mostly been hiding in the background, but I've been around since the SS discord got shutdown. I didn't create a profile here until much later...I keep wavering on how and when I'm going to ctb, but it's nice to know there's a space where I can vent out some of my darkest, suicide related thoughts. Sometimes I find some of random community here to be shitty, like being told in chat "WOW you've been around here forever, why?", as if I should be ashamed I haven't killed myself yet. I feel like I should have been dead a long time ago but there's always one excuse or another. Maybe I'm just waiting to see if there actually is a rock bottom?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, Nem, ImsooDone1N and 6 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Yes, I'm over a year on this site

• Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, not-2-b-the-answer, ImsooDone1N and 3 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
It's almost a year for me and I'm surprised I'm still around tbh. I came for the methods, but I stayed for the community.

• Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, not-2-b-the-answer, Nem and 5 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
For me, it's outright harrowing to see so many people in pain. To stand all this death, I have to tell myself that many will manage to get through their ordeals alive. My post was just an innocent expression of this and absolutely not meant to put pressure on anyone. Not that I can see how it could. Those who have been here for a long time hardly care what my hopes are.

I've noticed a few posts and threads which are judgemental, as you say. To me, that's probably the most surreal aspect of this forum, even more so than the goodbye threads and SN threads. They are being judged for fighting to recover or for struggling with the probably most difficult decision one can make in life. Those who are judgmental are basically saying, "Why are you trying? Why don't you just give up instead?" Again, surreal.
Thanks, I understand what you said and I know you weren't putting pressure. I tried to explain the situation and there more details. Unfortunately, life is full of suffering and the forum is one of the only places to talk for many.
There are many who want to ctb but still didn't for a long time, there are many different factors for each one. I think one of the biggest problems for long time members is not having method research and new ideas.

• Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, not-2-b-the-answer, Nem and 5 others
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Coming up on a year here soon, was researching methods sometime in early 2019 before joining. Had 4 failures/attempts since then. I didn't expect to be here a year, not even a month.

• Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, Broken Chimera, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
K

KiraLittleOwl

Lost in transition
Jan 25, 2019
I came here to research methods because I have lost my apartment but I recovered and put on a disability.
Second time I fucked up even worse and came here again.
It's like I am cursed or something.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Should be gone, Broken Chimera, TheNorthernSilence and 7 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Still here and definitely getting worse. Heck, it seems like when I joined I was much better but now I'm not doing well at all and when I joined I was near death. I'm embarrassed by still being here, the site is full of empathic users which is great but something is seriously wrong and I'm slipping so far down into depression that getting out of this looks like it will take a casket or cremation.
I'm freaking out right now, I wish someone could help me

peace/hugs❤
You're one of my favorite people here. I want to help, but don't know how. =[

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Should be gone, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
I have a feeling I will become the eldest member..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Saed, Should be gone and 4 others
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I'm still alive sadly

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Should be gone, Broken Chimera and 5 others
L

LonelyLight

Warlock
May 31, 2019
I'm almost a year.. I don't know if that calls for a yay or nay. Nevertheless I hope everyone is coping okay with current times
Hugs x

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Should be gone, TheNorthernSilence and 2 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I am still waiting

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Cold, Should be gone and 3 others
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
nya

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Coming up three now

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Darkhaven and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Coming up three now
Glad you are still with us. (Selfishly) :heart: I have been here 3 years also. You're avatar is awesome. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Darkhaven and Mr2005
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Yeah, a year and a half, but I wish I'd found SS sooner. My usage on this site is very intermittent. I've dropped out of sight for months, then been active every single day for months. It depends really.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Dead Meat, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
2019 team is still alive!! ❤
@Mr2 @not- only now have i realised that both of you have been here since 2018, but hey, that's probably a good sign (i hope).
Hope you are all okay.

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can