StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Until everything went to shit in 2016 / 2017 I had a fairly meaningful life (interesting romances, social life and jobs etc), even though I was never particularly well-off.
But since then I've just been in and out of ICU / spych-ward so I had to move back in with my rents.

The last one and half years have been the most stable, but that's only due to my dependence on corrupt family, "friends" and the wealth-fare state.
This is really bad for self-esteem, pride, honor and legacy.

I miss the good days so much and I know it well never be like that again.

At this stage it just feels like I'm window shopping, observing everyone progressing and having decent lives while mine is progressively going down hill.
Even my younger sisters (in their early 20's) have managed to move out and live independently.

My life has become a sick joke - I would rather be a gay black / albino with ginger hair and aids in 1950's USA..
At least then there would still be few people I could trust.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BrokenArrow, lobster salad, Journeytoletgo and 10 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I am younger but also in this situation, except I have no memories of good times and never will. I was too fucked in the head to seize any opportunities of friendship or romance and now those opportunities are completely gone when I finally need them.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mystique, Sensei, S like suicide and 9 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Was NEET for almost 3 years at my 30s.

Now, I'm 33 and somehow, I left the NEET zone. I hope not to be there never ever again.

Reactions: Defenestration, virginiawoolf, luten and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I basically live as a NEET now but I would rather die than continue to live this way past 28, much less 30.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide, the_final_countdown, Journeytoletgo and 3 others
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I live alone, but I've been a NEET for about 10 years now. I'm 34, currently on disability.

• Hugs
Reactions: come to dust, Sensei, CharlieBrown and 1 other person
C

CharlieBrown

Aug 22, 2020
Yes. Late 30s not even in the basement. I never made it out of my childhood bedroom.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BrokenArrow, come to dust, Sensei and 9 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I am younger but also in this situation, except I have no memories of good times and never will. I was too fucked in the head to seize any opportunities of friendship or romance and now those opportunities are completely gone when I am finally ready for them.
If you are used to it, it might be more difficult to overcome SI.
I have the feeling most suicides are successful when a normal (or even moderately happy) person was dealt a blow of fate.
That should give one the right dose if impulsivity.
But in my case it just landed me ICU, but was a near death encounter..
Yes. Late 30s not even in the basement. I never made it out of my childhood bedroom.
Damn.

• Hugs
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
filtfarfar

filtfarfar

Apr 12, 2021
29 here, ah yes I remember the good times when I had my health. Then in July 2020 an old injury to my hip reemerged and a major depression followed. Had to quit my job and move back to my parents. Was fighting for a while but it ended with a jump ctb attempt which injured me further. Now I have lost the will to live since I cannot get my old life back.

Every minute of every single day my mind is occupied by ctb thoughts. My options are so bad now since I don't live alone anymore and people know that I am suicidal ...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: the_final_countdown, Beachedwhale, nopointofliving and 2 others
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
This sentence made my mind giggle a bit because I can relate. I'm 25 and still living in my childhood bedroom. To be fair, the main reason is because I am still studying at university but it makes me sad to see how literally all of my friends moved out and live their own lives despite studying as well while I'm still a baby, dependant on my family.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and CharlieBrown
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I'm in university but for all intents and purposes I'm NEET

• Hugs
Reactions: Pen>Sword
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Living at home temporarily during covid restrictions as it maximizes people I can see and socialize with. But I'm in education and have a job. I guess I'm mostly in recovery but until work starts properly again the suicidal thoughts aren't leaving.
Fella really jumped into the thread just to flex? :ehh: :ehh: :ehh: :eh::eh::eh:

Reactions: Beachedwhale and NightNight20
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Sorry my bad will delete

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Tackingintothewind

Tackingintothewind

Mage
Mar 2, 2021
Because in some ways I'm am more fortunate than others. I do live with my parents though and I get it. Its really difficult living with them again and being furloughed is like being a temporary neet. This time last year I was a neet, a neet who did nothing but think of suicide and grief for six months. I then managed to get a waitress job at a nearby hotel and started a part time course. My life has changed so much since August yet now I'm furloughed and almost a neet again. This week my life as got better I'm now a receptionist at the hotel and my country will hopefully be opening up shortly.
It doesn't mean I shouldn't realise how this could make others feel bad

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Because in some ways I'm am more fortunate than others. I do live with my parents though and I get it. Its really difficult living with them again and being furloughed is like being a temporary neet. This time last year I was a neet, a neet who did nothing but think of suicide and grief for six months. I then managed to get a waitress job at a nearby hotel and started a part time course. My life has changed so much since August yet now I'm furloughed and almost a neet again. This week my life as got better I'm now a receptionist at the hotel and my country will hopefully be opening up shortly.
It doesn't mean I shouldn't realise how this could make others feel bad
Let's not clog the thread with this, but don't feel guilty and stuff. I didn't feel bad about someone having a job lol, most people have jobs AND a partner AND their own place AND no mental illness. I'll stop replying now.

Reactions: Sprite_Geist, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Tackingintothewind
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Still in my 20's but yeah pretty much.

Reactions: S like suicide and StateOfMind
BigNarkoleptic

BigNarkoleptic

If this isn't the end, what's meant of learning.
Mar 8, 2021
Preparing to base jump with no parachute. Definitely NEET.

Reactions: Beachedwhale, StateOfMind and GenesAndEnvironment
Playlainin

Playlainin

Jul 20, 2020
yup

Reactions: StateOfMind and GenesAndEnvironment
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
I'm a ~30 y/o NEET living in a ~100 y/o house without a basement. They simply put wooden planks on the ground and called it a floor and used giant stones for foundation - advanced technology of eastern EU xD

Reactions: nopointofliving, StateOfMind and GenesAndEnvironment
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I'm 30-40 and been a NEET most of my life. Like I was doing some schooling and got 4 degrees over the past 10 years. I have done some jobs, but found they didn't work out at all. But over the time I've been more of a neet than not.

After being rejected over and over, dealt with plenty of workplace harassment, and so on. And then being rejected from the military due to being autistic. I pretty much given up.

I am worried covid has given me false hope in that I can do this for the rest of my natural life.
If I end up getting kicked out, having to take on a job, or anything around that at this point. I will automatically off myself. Idk what will happen after my parents die. Like even if I have enough to last the rest of my life. Idk if I will stay alive

• Hugs
Reactions: CharlieBrown, GenesAndEnvironment, Sensei and 1 other person
Isisnefert

Isisnefert

Student
Mar 17, 2020
Tengo entre 30 y 40 años y he sido un NEET la mayor parte de mi vida. Como si estuviera estudiando un poco y obtuve 4 títulos en los últimos 10 años. Hice algunos trabajos, pero descubrí que no funcionaron en absoluto. Pero a lo largo del tiempo he sido más un neet que no.

Después de ser rechazado una y otra vez, se enfrentó a un montón de acoso en el lugar de trabajo, etc. Y luego ser rechazado del ejército por ser autista. Casi me di por vencido.

Me preocupa que Covid me haya dado falsas esperanzas de que puedo hacer esto por el resto de mi vida natural.
Si termino siendo expulsado, teniendo que aceptar un trabajo o algo por el estilo en este momento. Me desconectaré automáticamente. No sé qué pasará después de que mis padres mueran. Como si tuviera suficiente para el resto de mi vida. No sé si me mantendré vivo
I think the same, When my parents die I Will die with them if I still am alive

B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I'm NEET, but not in my mom's basement. I'm in my boyfriend's basement lol.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: CharlieBrown, Isisnefert, BluesRunTheGame and 1 other person