C

Coffeehead

Oct 16, 2023
I'm curious if there are minors on this site, and how they found it/their methods/their stories. Most of the posts I've read are from adults 20-30 yrs old.

• Yay!
Reactions: fwompie
twatingthroughlife

twatingthroughlife

I don't know what I'm doing
Sep 29, 2023
Minors will not disclose to you they are minors. They're not supposed to be on this forum.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, Oneness, Praestat_Mori and 4 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
bating them out are you

• Yay!
Reactions: TapeMachine, Oneness, Praestat_Mori and 12 others
-FrozenRobot-

-FrozenRobot-

Let me go...please
Jul 27, 2021
wikipedia has an entire page dedicated to SASU. How do you think minors get access to sasu?

• Yay!
Reactions: Reuthry and Praestat_Mori
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Be sneakier. Ask them if their parents let them stay out late.

• Yay!
Reactions: TapeMachine, betternever2havbeen, Praestat_Mori and 7 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect most found it via Tantacrul (ironic huh?) but yeah- they're not going to reveal themselves.

I get nervous when anyone mentions 'school'. In the UK- 'school' is usually up to the age of 16. Then, it tends to be college or university but I think it's different elsewhere.

I have such mixed feelings about minors. I was a suicidal minor. I've had ideation since the age of 10. The internet wasn't really around back then though. I don't know what I would have done if I was say 16 and had access to the internet. I have no doubt that I'd be researching for methods. Would I lie to sneak on here? Probably not. I've always been really square. I got nervous when I went with a friend to rent an 18 rated movie from Blockbuster! We were underage at the time. It was: 'Interview with the Vampire.' Lol. Probably very tame by today's standards. I doubt it would be an 18 now. They tried to say it was for their Mum. Original. They didn't believe us... I was relieved. I was too scared to watch it in truth. I was caving under pier pressure.

I feel bad for minors but at the same time- it will almost certainly be that that gets this place attacked and closed down. Fewer people give a shit about middle aged people like me choosing to kill themselves. I wish the same people who are up in arms about their children coming on here would focus their effort in creating a place these youngsters can go and feel heard and supported. Provide that for them and they won't need to come here!

• Love
Reactions: Reuthry, JJJ, LoiteringClouds and 11 others
steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
I get nervous when anyone mentions 'school'. In the UK- 'school' is usually up to the age of 16. Then, it tends to be college or university but I think it's different elsewhere.

School in the UK is up to 18, with the option to leave at 16 to do something useful instead, like drugs and petty crime, or joining the King's professional murderers.

For the benefit of any minors; to pass yourself off as having reached your majority, you need to dress like an adult, and to know how to smoke cigars and order drinks. A well-fitting lounge suit. Or a simple leather jacket, plain T-shirt and jeans. If anybody challenges you, tell them you're 24 and you're an artist. Never say you're 18. Don't smoke cigarettes.

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: twatingthroughlife, Praestat_Mori, vault and 3 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
School in the UK is up to 18, with the option to leave at 16 to do something useful instead, like drugs and petty crime, or joining the King's professional murderers.

For the benefit of any minors; to pass yourself off as having reached your majority, you need to dress like an adult, and to know how to smoke cigars and order drinks. A well-fitting lounge suit. Or a simple leather jacket, plain T-shirt and jeans. If anybody challenges you, tell them you're 24 and you're an artist. Never say you're 18. Don't smoke cigarettes.

Hmm, maybe it's changed since I was young... Primary school up to the age of 11. Secondary school up to the age of 16 where you take your GCSE's. Then, people would go on to either a sixth form college to do A Levels or other colleges to do BTEC diploma's, GNVQ's etc. You only turn 18 near the end of all that though. It's mostly university I associate with adults. Maybe it's because my school didn't have a sixth form, I see it like that though...

Reactions: Meditation guide and Praestat_Mori
therem

therem

Next week has already drained me
Oct 10, 2023
Hmm, maybe it's changed since I was young... Primary school up to the age of 11. Secondary school up to the age of 16 where you take your GCSE's. Then, people would go on to either a sixth form college to do A Levels or other colleges to do BTEC diploma's, GNVQ's etc. You only turn 18 near the end of all that though. It's mostly university I associate with adults. Maybe it's because my school didn't have a sixth form, I see it like that though...
A Levels can be done at the same establishment in a lot of cases, and a lot of times the sixth form can feel like an extension of the secondary school; a lot of people who go to sixth form at a school say they're still at school.

Reactions: Meditation guide
J

jonward55

£ Made Me Be Here.
Apr 12, 2023
I'm curious if there are minors on this site, and how they found it/their methods/their stories. Most of the posts I've read are from adults 20-30 yrs old.
Why on earth would you encourage them to tell you that they are here when they are underage?

Probably best to do your "research " elsewhere to be honest.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
From the style of language, the un-processed reasoning behind the decision, & the ignorance of methodology; I am going to take a punt and put 40/100 of writers here at under 25. Bloody sad...but thankfully, most of these people will go on to live a decent lifespan.

Reactions: Meditation guide, randal_bond, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
A Levels can be done at the same establishment in a lot of cases, and a lot of times the sixth form can feel like an extension of the secondary school; a lot of people who go to sixth form at a school say they're still at school.

Yeah- true. It's probably because my school didn't have a sixth form, so we all went separate ways to further our education. You're only 18 nearing the time you leave though- I believe. I was 17 when I did an A Level.

I get the impression there are minors here though. The mods are amazing and usually act the moment they suspect. I expect they reject a lot of applications that look suspicious too.

It's an odd phenomenon to be fair. Like we wake up on our 18th birthday and suddenly have adult brains. It's bullshit of course but I suppose there has to be a date.

Reactions: therem, Praestat_Mori, tiger b and 1 other person
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
They do a good enough job exposing themselves anyway.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Meditation guide
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Toupée fallacy. "I can always spot a toupée."
The ones who would be baited into revealing themselves like this will reveal themselves on their own.

Reactions: twatingthroughlife and I Can't Say
Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Slf n-courge n.e minrs on ste t/ fl free t/ pst an answr t/ ths questn

• Yay!
Reactions: JJJ, Meditation guide, fwompie and 1 other person
princexhhn

princexhhn

call me prince
Sep 26, 2023
lol kinda laughed when i saw this, looks like the most obvious bait haha. minors arent allowed on this site, they will be banned. if there is any actual minors here, i dont think theyd reveal that fact haha. i dont think minors should be here anyway, so better if they reveal it so they can be banned. they should respect the rules of this forum, its for their own safety in the first place. recently, i did see two users who openly admitted to being minors lol. the OP stated they were 16 and then another responded saying they were 17… and of course they were banned lol. theres a higher chance that a minor seeing this post is just a lurker without an account and cant respond. cant really ban a lurker lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, CyVir, twatingthroughlife and 2 others
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Actually, if I was a minor this is exactly the question I would pose to pass myself off as an adult... 🧐

In earnest though, it's a tragedy that society won't allow minors on here legally, because I remember a poll on here once which asked how old we were when we got our suicidal ideation and the results were astonishing, something like 80-90% were below 18, many even below ten! Therefore, the wealth of experience and compassion here could indeed benefit minors greatly, not to kill themselves but as support. But society always knows better of course.

Reactions: therem and I Can't Say
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
  • Yay!
Reactions: an_alias, fwompie, sad_rock and 2 others
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
As long as there ain't any of those dirty commie b$tards here...dragging this world to hell in a handbasket!!! I tell ya!

Are you one? Are ya? Git back under the bed!
In earnest though, it's a tragedy that society won't allow minors on here legally, because I remember a poll on here once which asked how old we were when we got our suicidal ideation and the results were astonishing, something like 80-90% were below 18, many even below ten! Therefore, the wealth of experience and compassion here could indeed benefit minors greatly, not to kill themselves but as support. But society always knows better of course.
Being in the UK, and not behind VPN (yet)...

You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: voyager
I

idk3

Student
Sep 10, 2023
Actually, if I was a minor this is exactly the question I would pose to pass myself off as an adult... 🧐

That'd be a groomers dream tho. imo minors, let alone suicidal minors who are even more vulnerable, shouldn't be allowed on any form of social media.

Evil people ruin everything :/

Reactions: Meditation guide, NoHorizon and voyager
N

niknod

Oct 28, 2023
There is absolutely no way of policing this stuff on the internet because technology has moved faster than our laws have. Every forum just requires someone to tick a box to say that they are not a minor. If a law is passed saying that every forum must verify the age of its members it will take years to get through.

Edit: I am 31F so definitely not a minor.

Reactions: tiger b
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
That'd be a groomers dream tho. imo minors, let alone suicidal minors who are even more vulnerable, shouldn't be allowed on any form of social media.

Evil people ruin everything :/
True and fair enough, but as mentioned it's not feasible anyway, and of course they'd kill themselves too, so no. It's really more a thought experiment on their situation per se, and minors really suffer a lot, maybe more than adults do because they're so unprepared for it and sincere advice would be more helpful than platitudes. As for realistic solutions, society could make it far easier on them to get help. Was practically paralysed and completely unaware of what was happening, and probably not the only one.

Reactions: idk3
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
If this is really about protecting minors (and the 'vulnerable') then I look forward to the Conservative administration's logical next move: vastly increased investment in education, social services, CAMHS, housing, parental support and so on and so forth. In other words, actually reverse the catastrophic underfunding of society since they entered power in 2010. Given ideology, and some would argue underlying finances, this will not happen.

Instead, we get a sticking plaster of an Act which will most likely not end up pleasing very many in practice - it can only be inconsistent in implementation anyway due to funding, lack of policing - but it looks like 'something has finally been done' on something vast that exists outside borders and boundaries. Political capital is already being made on it - 'world-leading legislation', indeed.

Now the principle that the Internet needs regulation in the UK has legally been set in stone, history suggests that this will be be built upon. It's a question of timescale.

No carrot, all stick to me, sorry.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, NoHorizon, niknod and 1 other person
therem

therem

Next week has already drained me
Oct 10, 2023
As long as there ain't any of those dirty commie b$tards here...dragging this world to hell in a handbasket!!! I tell ya!

Are you one? Are ya? Git back under the bed!

Being in the UK, and not behind VPN (yet)...

You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment.
Read a thing abt an hour ago that it's been passed into law now. Obv SaSu aren't going to put any blocks in place, but if regulators decide to block the site (which is looking likely giving their rephrasing/clarification of the suicide facilitation policy) you might want to look into a VPN.

Reactions: tiger b
voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
There is absolutely no way of policing this stuff on the internet because technology has moved faster than our laws have. Every forum just requires someone to tick a box to say that they are not a minor. If a law is passed saying that every forum must verify the age of its members it will take years to get through.

Edit: I am 31F so definitely not a minor.
Still better than real id though, just the thought of handing out one's private papers and identity on the internet sends shivers down my spine. Funny thing is I can't even get into my yahoo account at the moment. Have had it for over twenty years, and despite using the proper password, it won't let me in without a mobile code, but since I gave a phony number at the time, it's not working. A mobile shouldn't be mandatory in this world anyway. But everyone's now doing that, apparently for our security, but in truth it's sinister information gathering to which they shouldn't be entitled. Plus, it's a joke, when I've never once exposed my password in all this time, but they've once again had their data base hacked... great job, idiots.

voyager

voyager

Nov 25, 2019
@idk3

Only realised later that you probably thought I meant kids, due to the poll I referred to. I'm a bit slow at times. No, I think at that age there's only two possibilities of taking influence, and that's either through authority or being a loved one, we are neither. Meant mostly mid to late teens. Not just because I wonder about my own case, had I got some advice on here, if it would've made a difference (had an underlying medical condition which I only discovered at 24), but because I remember a thread, don't recall if I was a participant or reader, but the OP in that case was perfectly rational and mature, their problem just as valid as anyone else's. During the discussion though it did emerge the OP was 17. They flat out told us through being honest, and probably thought the age requirement was merely one of those things the internet requires. People expressed their compassion, but of course had to report it. It was sad to see. It's not the forum's fault, of course, it has to adhere to the law to protect everyone else, but what kind of society validates a person, who's probably going through the worst crisis of their life, by legal age? Just seems wrong, especially when in regards to suicide we never truly become of legal age. They'll lock you up, no matter if your 7, 17 or 70.

Reactions: idk3
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I've seen two minors posing as adults in the past, who eventually got caught, and one older person posing as a minor. That last one picked up a pervert here who was interested in him (he was posing as a young girl or young teen).

• Wow
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've seen two minors posing as adults in the past, who eventually got caught, and one older person posing as a minor. That last one picked up a pervert here who was interested in him (he was posing as a young girl or young teen).
Hope you reported them...