dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
I'm trying to get back into therapy and as soon as started getting serious my anxiety sky rocketed and things like self harm and suicidal thoughts greatly increased. I had been self medicating to get through and was going well for a few years, recently not enough so wanted to try again. 75% of scars are from when I was in therapy and not even being in it again and feeling it breathing down my neck makes it hard to try. I went to my doctor told him my struggles and he just put me back buspirone same med I was on then with no noticeable effect. It makes trying feel pointless and counterproductive but I need to do something. Anyone else overcome something similar? My last therapist lasted almost 2 years, I tried alot before that one.

hopeless302

hopeless302

Student
Sep 11, 2022
not sure how possible this is, but maybe see if you could find a therapist that specializes in anxiety and trauma and uses approaches like cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) or dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) which may be effective in your case. Also hope you have a good support system outside of therapy too. Tbh, what you're going through sounds extremely difficult and I hope you're able to find some comfort somehow.

dimstar

dimstar

Poor little woodpecker
Mar 17, 2023
I have mainly done ctb therapy in the past. The hard thing is just getting back into it even looking at tele health option my stomach turns and I cant eat the rest of the day. I managed to go to my gp but was just but back on buspirone. Found out my pharmacy doesn't accept my insurance anymore so just felt even more hopeless. Support is really just family now and I don't want to burden them more. I don't have trama the problems just me.