• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

In great pain. Suicide in progress (hopefully).
May 28, 2023
We should at least remain silent (a silent protest). If you are an introvert like me, then probably saying something is not an option for you in such a situation. Therefore, the bare minimum we can do is say nothing, because as soon as you say "congratulations" to someone who is pregnant, you are encouraging that behaviour and reinforcing the belief that "having children is good".

And, if you want to say something, then you can do this, but always in a respectful manner and without trying to impose anything on the other person. Even if antinatalism is the truth, forcing people to accept it is definitely not the way to go; they have to realize it themselves.

If I ever find myself in such a situation, I will do my best to at least remain silent, despite the social pressure.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmm- it's kind of too late at that point! Unless you TRULY want to stand by your beliefs and say- 'would you consider an abortion?' Do you think- simply by not congratulating them- it will stop them from having any more? Or- maybe that they'll reconsider having the one they're carrying? I kind of doubt they care much about our opinions.

I don't know really- as an overall principle- I agree- I'm an anti-natilist. Still- I have friends who have children. Not that I see them much anyway now but- should we shun them to show our disdain?

I just think it's a deeply personal issue. A choice- like so many in life. Become a vegan/vegetarian, become religious, decide to try and limit your impact on the environment, choose to CTB. Of course, I WISH more parents would think about what they were doing before they brought a new life into this world. Still- the time for those conversations is before they become pregnant!!

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Deep down, I don't think that bringing future suffering into the world is a wise decision.
Because the child is most definitely going to experience suffering in this dreadful world.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Forcing life into this dreadful reality could never be something to congratulate someone for, to me it's such a terrible and harmful thing to decide to procreate all for selfish reasons in this world that is filled with endless potential for suffering, as all the problems that humans go through are ultimately caused by existence itself, without existence one cannot suffer. I wish humans were aware enough to leave the non-existent alone in peace.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
Hmm- it's kind of too late at that point! Unless you TRULY want to stand by your beliefs and say- 'would you consider an abortion?' Do you think- simply by not congratulating them- it will stop them from having any more? Or- maybe that they'll reconsider having the one they're carrying? I kind of doubt they care much about our opinions.

I don't know really- as an overall principle- I agree- I'm an anti-natilist. Still- I have friends who have children. Not that I see them much anyway now but- should we shun them to show our disdain?

I just think it's a deeply personal issue. A choice- like so many in life. Become a vegan/vegetarian, become religious, decide to try and limit your impact on the environment, choose to CTB. Of course, I WISH more parents would think about what they were doing before they brought a new life into this world. Still- the time for those conversations is before they become pregnant!!
It doesn't matter whether or not they care about what we say and/or do. If you believe that having children is the absolutely worst crime possible (not only for yourself, but for everyone), and still you congratulate them for having children, then this is an hypocritical act (and selfish, immoral, cruel and evil).

And yes, it's true that they are already pregnant, but the very act of congratulating them (especially in front of other people) will only reinforce the brainwashing that "having children is an acceptable thing do", which will cause more people to do it.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It doesn't matter whether or not they care about what we say and/or do. If you believe that having children is the absolutely worst crime possible (not only for yourself, but for everyone), and still you congratulate them for having children, then this is an hypocritical act (and selfish, immoral, cruel and evil).

And yes, it's true that they are already pregnant, but the very act of congratulating them (especially in front of other people) will only reinforce the brainwashing that "having children is an acceptable thing do", which will cause more people to do it.

Yeah- I take your point and in some ways- I do kind of admire people who stick steadfastedly to their beliefs and are openly vocal about them- despite the repurcussions.

I fully realise how two faced and hypocritical it is to congratulate an individual/ couple but still hold those views. I guess it depends on exactly WHY we hold these views though... For me- it would be cruel to have children. They'd inherit my messed up genes and I'd raise them to be far too weak to survive in this world. They'd likely end up just as unhappy as me and I love my unborn child too much to do that to them.

I sometimes look at friend's children though and so far (thankfully) they seem happy. I don't know if they'll ever wish they were never born- I certainly hope not but at least they have a good shot in life. Their parents are kind, loving and positive. Is it really any of my business to tell them what to do? Do you like it when pro-lifers tell you you don't have the right of autonomy? Or- that you should be doing this or that? You should be vegan? (If you're not.) You shouldn't be using single use plastics. (If you are.)

I don't know- I just have a whole mixture of feelings really. Like- I think it would be better if the human race just died out all together. Still- if an INDIVIDUAL told me they had been given the all clear on cancer- I'd feel genuinely happy for them. I wouldn't be thinking- yeah- well- you should have just died!

Obviously with children- it's a whole other person's life- so- yeah- I struggle. Still- my first feeling when being given news like that is: Yikes! Well- I just hope they'll be ok. Honestly- I personally think one way or another- humanity is f*cked. I guess if we all stopped breeding, maybe more of the natural world may be intact by the time we become instinct. Still- the natural world is INCREDIBLE for boucing back. IF we continue to overpopulate the earth and drain it's resources at the rate we are doing- chances are we'll wipe ourselves out anyway. Either way- like I say- I reckon we're done as a species. I'm just glad my offspring won't be here to witness it.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Way i see it is, i can be a dick and shatter someone's light/moment whatever and ill be known as the dick around the place.

People will never stop having kids and probably won't care about your opinion anyways, got 500 other validators around the corner.

Just say a quick nice or congrats to stay in the peace, I'm antinatalist myself but i get that others will just do what they do regardless.

I think it's pain and suffering assured but i ain't gonna cause shit on them or myself, thats bit me in the ass before lol

Sweet Tart

Sweet Tart

Arcanist
May 10, 2023
I hate pretending to be happy for people who are pregnant or have a baby, but I do it anyway to avoid hurting feelings. Pregnancy is a major endeavor for the body and I guess I want to be supportive of people who are going thru it. I can't act excited about it, tho.

I've always had an aversion to the idea of pregnancy and giving birth. It terrifies me and I have never once considered doing it. Babies kind of freak me out, too.

L

Leagueofgentlemen

Apr 19, 2023
I don't EVER congratulate that shit, or buy presents for mums to be etc. What on earth am I congratulating, exactly? Everything about having children is horrible and repulsive and I just stay silent as a mini protest like you say. Noone gave me a party when I got sterilised and that was the greatest choice ever, it's just blind one way fascism.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

May 28, 2023
I don't EVER congratulate that shit, or buy presents for mums to be etc. What on earth am I congratulating, exactly? Everything about having children is horrible and repulsive and I just stay silent as a mini protest like you say. Noone gave me a party when I got sterilised and that was the greatest choice ever, it's just blind one way fascism.
Very well done. Both not congratulating them and getting sterilised. I want to get sterilised as well.