ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
this profession attracts the worst fucking people there is.
I think this too. I think that therapists is a good job for the worst people there is since being a therapist allows you to gain control over people and I think it's the only job in where they can keep on screwing up and not get fired for it. A car mechanic would get fired or at least get serious consequences if they were to ruin a car. However, a therapist could do nothing to help their clients or even actively use them for their own gain and get praised for it because, whenever therapy doesn't work on anybody, it's because the "therapists are only human". Everybody says that to justify therapists but nobody says that when it comes to people not getting cured by therapists

The power difference between a therapist and a client is extremely scary and I don't think that there are other jobs which have the same amount of power difference. This power difference continues to get bigger because of society's response to therapy. If somebody claims to have gotten worse due to the therapy, people will blame the person instead of the therapist. It's like blaming the abused person for getting abused in a relationship

That said, I don't believe that all therapists are bad either. Especially not when people like daniel mackler exist, an ex therapist who quit being a therapist after realising just how bad the profession is

• Informative
Reactions: pilotviolin, akwa, wCvML2 and 5 others
hail

hail

lost society
Jan 27, 2024
"why dont you get a pet? so you'll have to make yourself get out of bed and do something"
literal insanity

• Aww..
Reactions: Lostandlooking and zeevo
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
When I was a teenager, I had an eating disorder and my doctor recommended that I go to therapy so that I would have someone to talk to. I didn't like the therapist from the moment that I met him. He just made me uncomfortable. My father forced me to go to him and wouldn't let me switch therapists because my doctor recommended him..
pist
One day I was sitting in the waiting room, when the receptionist told me that he had an emergency and had to leave the office and rescheduled an appoint for next week. The next week at the beginning of the session, he apologized for the missed session the week before saying he had an emergency with another patient. He told me that this other patient had threatened to kill herself. Then he told me that she was a pain in the ass who kept threatening to kill herself for the last 2 years. He said that she would often threaten to kill herself after he went home for the day, and he would get a call from the answering service saying there was an emergency. He was mad because he said that he had to make a lot of phone calls and fill out a ton of paperwork every time that she did this or else he would lose his license if she did something. Then he told me that she was just wasting his time and being a drama queen because she has been saying this for 2 years. He spent half of the session venting about this.

I really didn't want to continue to go to therapy with this jerk. My father forced me to continue going to therapy with him for months even after I told him what happened. Then to top it off, he told my father who was waiting for me in the waiting room that he couldn't get anywhere with me because I wouldn't open up to him during the sessions even after months of therapy and probably had trust issues. When we got home, my father yelled at me and wanted to know why I wouldn't talk to the therapist about what was bothering me. Gee I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that he was trashing and making fun of another of his patients in front of me?
Wtf???? That therapist is a total piece of shit. That's horrible. I'm sorry you had to witness that :< you shouldn't have been forced to see a therapist like that, I can't believe he would talk about a suicidal patient like that. Therapists are supposed to be people u can go to and trust, it's vile that he did that

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
B

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
The most cringe moment is the fact that therapy exists. In an ideal world, any subhumans like me would be shot. Everyone here thinks the same, that death is perfect, so why even have them. Fuck it. If everyone dies, that's better for everyone. Hounding a therapist to fix me for realizing I'm a parasite is the most cringe possible shit.

SketchedOut

SketchedOut

compulsory breathing torture (cbt)
Oct 9, 2023
i asked my psychiatrist whether i could get checked for autism because i've been suspecting i might be autistic ever since i was 14, she told me "yeah that's trendy right now"

i went to her after attempting to take my life, running away from home and spending a week at a psych ward, her reaction was "nuh uh, not on my watch"

speaking of the psych ward, the staff there shat on her for putting me, a person they suspected to have BPD, on meds that make my issues so much worse.

i vented to her about how i felt a couple of times, and the best she could do was to tell me to "try harder". as if i wasn't working my fucking ass off just to stay alive.

best part is that when i tried to find another psych, i've been told that they "prioritize people that aren't in psychiatric care" everywhere, so now i'm stuck with this bitchy old rag of a psychiatrist.

EDIT: i forgot to talk about actual therapists and psychologists i've been to, i'm not going to any right now because school takes up so much of my time that i straight up don't have time for therapy.

but most of my psychologists just stared at me because the massive fucking traumadump i let out on them, and they're just left speechless. at best they might suggest some generic "have you tried mindfulness?" and then when i tell them that mindfulness exercises make my brain freak the fuck out they tell me to stop disregarding their help. how helpful !

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, zeevo, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
My mother always told me therapy is a scam. Given your testimonies, she's right somewhat.

I heard that my deadbeat dad wasted $100 on a therapy session, where he just talked to the therapist. No medication, nothing. $100, gone.

Reactions: zeevo and Praestat_Mori
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Tried a therapist once through my company's EAP program which gave 3 free sessions. Already bad news because they had to pick the therapist that was part of the EAP and none were particularly equipped for my problem. The one I ended up with would spend most of the appointment talking about herself and her only real advice was "Don't worry so much" and "just journal!" and "Maybe join a hobby club... idk" even though there are 0 within a 50 mile radius.

It was done over the phone and there were so many awkward pauses and dead air as she struggled to come up with a solution. Everything she told me was what you could read online for free. It felt like she was trying to just get me to a path where I would say the correct scripted answer and call it good, instead of caring about whether anything was sinking in. I walked away never feeling better and genuinely could not understand how anyone benefited from therapy unless they had zero experience with psychology or no inner conversation. Because everything she said was 100%, yeah, I knew that already :/

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
70 EUR weekly therapist kept arguing with me over political alignments (I refused to get vaccined) and didn't want to move on. (she would ask if I had changed my mind every week)
She also kept mocking my speech issue saying that she had better conversations with her 5 years old patients, asked me if french was my native language and so on... Also she would scream at me when I cried calling me a victim a martyre, immature(...)

And I'll not talk about the ones at the psych ward ☠️

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, thenamingofcats and Lostandlooking
D

DeletedAccount0864

Student
Dec 17, 2023
70 EUR weekly therapist kept arguing with me over political alignments (I refused to get vaccined)
What a fucking joke. You made the right choice.

Reactions: Professor K
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
My therapist old me ' If you loose some weight you can get a boyfriend and then never complain again'

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: thenamingofcats and akwa
waningmoth

waningmoth

Aug 29, 2023
I have extreme emetophobia but am genetically predisposed to being underweight.
Ive had multiple drs and therapists suggest as a 10 year old, that it was all an elaborate cover story to hide bulimia 🥱

• Aww..
Reactions: akwa
A

akwa

Apr 20, 2024
I was talking to my ex-therapist about my marriage in which my spouse has a history of infidelity. The whole reason I was seeing her was betrayal trauma.

She suggested this revolutionary new idea. That the next time he feels unhappy or like he's not having his needs met, he come to me immediately instead of cheating. That we should establish that as a rule.

I was like, um....that was a rule. We were fucking married. And him breaking that rule is the whole reason I'm here lol But thank you for that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I think this too. I think that therapists is a good job for the worst people there is since being a therapist allows you to gain control over people and I think it's the only job in where they can keep on screwing up and not get fired for it. A car mechanic would get fired or at least get serious consequences if they were to ruin a car. However, a therapist could do nothing to help their clients or even actively use them for their own gain and get praised for it because, whenever therapy doesn't work on anybody, it's because the "therapists are only human". Everybody says that to justify therapists but nobody says that when it comes to people not getting cured by therapists

The power difference between a therapist and a client is extremely scary and I don't think that there are other jobs which have the same amount of power difference. This power difference continues to get bigger because of society's response to therapy. If somebody claims to have gotten worse due to the therapy, people will blame the person instead of the therapist. It's like blaming the abused person for getting abused in a relationship

That said, I don't believe that all therapists are bad either. Especially not when people like daniel mackler exist, an ex therapist who quit being a therapist after realising just how bad the profession is
Thanks for the Daniel Mackler rec, good content

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, pilotviolin and ijustwishtodie
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

five lives too late, and there's blood in my hair
Jan 27, 2024
how its allowed people who see you for 10 minutes max and dont know your name are allowed to prescribe things and then everyone else acts like it doesnt have side effects and withdrawals. 6+ month waitlist for the wrong service after trying to CTB. a good therapist knows how inconsiderate, underfunded and sometimes cruel the system is, unfortunately good therapists are rare and the system isnt built for them.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and KuriGohan&Kamehameha