• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
My mh worker said if I was anybody else (I presume that just means not autistic) then I'd probably be in hospital right now.

I suppose that's a good thing, but also where the hell are we supposed to go when we're in crisis? People always go on about how you should 'reach out for help' but where is this help, because I'm not seeing it anywhere.
She hasn't referred me to the crisis team either because apparently I wouldn't do well with talking to a different person every time lmao

The UK is a joke and it's really taking a lot of effort to stop myself from just CTB'ing purely out of spite and anger

A

angelfeather

Student
Oct 31, 2020
I really feel for you. I was referred to Nhs Talking Therapies for Cbt. Said I was too much of a risk due to suicidal ideation, so she referred me to our local mental health services and closed my case a few weeks back. Had two face to face assessments with a Cpn and one appointment with a psychiatrist for 25 minutes who sent me off with medication to stop intrusive thoughts. Spoke with my Gp yesterday who has now said the psychiatrist recommends being referred back to Nhs Talking Therapies - Even though my suicidal ideation is just as bad. Just to say I have been willing to engage, but enough is enough...

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I really feel for you. I was referred to Nhs Talking Therapies for Cbt. Said I was too much of a risk due to suicidal ideation, so she referred me to our local mental health services and closed my case a few weeks back. Had two face to face assessments with a Cpn and one appointment with a psychiatrist for 25 minutes who sent me off with medication to stop intrusive thoughts. Spoke with my Gp yesterday who has now said the psychiatrist recommends being referred back to Nhs Talking Therapies - Even though my suicidal ideation is just as bad. Just to say I have been willing to engage, but enough is enough...
Unfortunately this happens way too often. Too suicidal for CBT but not suicidal enough for a community team so you just kind of end up in limbo. It's awful, I'm sorry :(
I've been 'in the system' for well over a year now and I've still never even made it on a CBT waiting list (not that I'd be open enough for it to help lol). Think I'll just end up being another statistic, one more person lost, let down whenever they were crying out for help

• Hugs
Reactions: angelfeather
Fizz

Fizz

Dec 3, 2020
I had 4 months of hell trying to get some, any, help. Always had to call, always had to follow up or chase. At one point when my case worker didn't get in contact with me about my medication for 3 weeks despite multiple follow ups and broken promises on callbacks, I called the services line and told them I would hold until they put someone on the phone. You take someone at their lowest and expect them to be able to navigate a system so hard it takes a toll on healthy people at their best, then no wonder people don't reach out.

Reactions: demuic and elfgyoza
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Don't want to hijack this but it isn't just the MH side, it's ALL of the NHS - it's a total fucking joke. An old guy who lives next to my parents has had an ECG and it was fine, he's pestered and pestered and finally they've done a scan. His main artery to his heart is 70% blocked. They won't do anything because "it has to be worse than 70% to warrant it".

If it was 80% they'd probably say "it has to be over 80% to warrant it".

He's no stressed to fuck, so will probably have a massive coronary and drop dead.

They are fucking useless always round.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Don't want to hijack this but it isn't just the MH side, it's ALL of the NHS - it's a total fucking joke. An old guy who lives next to my parents has had an ECG and it was fine, he's pestered and pestered and finally they've done a scan. His main artery to his heart is 70% blocked. They won't do anything because "it has to be worse than 70% to warrant it".

If it was 80% they'd probably say "it has to be over 80% to warrant it".

He's no stressed to fuck, so will probably have a massive coronary and drop dead.

They are fucking useless always round.
The NHS is amazing when someone has a life threatening accident or illness, but anything less than that is just met with so many hurdles to jump over that you eventually give up. The staff tend to be nice and caring imo, they just have such a massive workload that they're forced to assess everyone by ticking boxes. They probably weighed up that guy's age vs how serious the blockage is and decided the cut off point is 80%
Really makes me wonder if it's all just set up to fail by the Tories tbh

Reactions: LONE WOLF.
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
The NHS is amazing when someone has a life threatening accident or illness, but anything less than that is just met with so many hurdles to jump over that you eventually give up. The staff tend to be nice and caring imo, they just have such a massive workload that they're forced to assess everyone by ticking boxes. They probably weighed up that guy's age vs how serious the blockage is and decided the cut off point is 80%
Don't blame the Tories, it was equally as bad under the other lot. It's just a political can they kick backwards and forwards to each other, in the meantime they all get private healthcare.

It's the mismanagement that's the issue, too many chiefs getting paid far too much to do far too little, while far too few real health workers getting paid far too little to do far too much.

Thankless for the real people who work there.

Reminds me of a football team like Man Utd. Imagine if they spent £1.4 Billion on the admin staff and £5 million on the players - the admin staff are there to make sure the heart of the business can function at the highest level possible, not the other way round.

But that's how the NHS operates.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Don't blame the Tories, it was equally as bad under the other lot. It's just a political can they kick backwards and forwards to each other, in the meantime they all get private healthcare.

It's the mismanagement that's the issue, too many chiefs getting paid far too much to do far too little, while far too few real health workers getting paid far too little to do far too much.

Thankless for the real people who work there.

Reminds me of a football team like Man Utd. Imagine if they spent £1.4 Billion on the admin staff and £5 million on the players - the admin staff are there to make sure the heart of the business can function at the highest level possible, not the other way round.

But that's how the NHS operates.
I can't really blame anyone else, they've been in a position to address the problem for over 10 years. I don't remember living under a labour government, I'm 21 so I was just a kid when Brown & Blair were around. Because of that, in my eyes, Tories = government, and it's the government's responsibility to shake up the NHS. It'd be quite refreshing for the gov to take some bloody responsibility for once, but I know they won't (and this is exactly why I have no hope for the future lmao)

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
The NHS is, has always been, and always will be a sink hole for money and dead end people to fill dead end jobs to stop them being on the dole.

Much like any other tax payer funded organisation.

The actual people who do the work are sneered at and looked down the nose at by the "managers" who spend all day managing to look busy by creating reams of unnecessary red tape just to justify their existence.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
This is true, unfortunately. It's all triaged basically, against resource management and cost. The NHS grew up piecemeal out of cottage hospitals and the admin is top heavy and mostly useless. Many of the medics and staff do their best, but it's an uphill battle with broken tools. It's also being privatised, not even really by stealth anymore either. The upshot of that is that they are easy to run rings round in the complaints procedure if you go to NHS England.
However, that said, I think the attitude of many of the medics also sucks. They simply don't listen or understand context because they don't have time or have fallen into bad habits because of the pressure they are under. It results in a 'one symptom only' flow chart, tick box mentality that can cause more harm than good.
Emergency care tends to be excellent, urgent care tends to be shit and just referred back to a GP, primary care is okay as long as it's easy, secondary care is mostly shit and can't deal with any complexity. The only good care I've experienced is tertiary care, where you get to speak to a research professor who is at the cutting edge of his/her field. Good luck getting that!
I'm still glad of the NHS though, it's better than many countries and must have saved many lives recently. That doesn't mean that there aren't parts of it that are shit.
And MH services is mostly just a joke, yes. That's why it's so ironic when people say "Get help, see a professional, the help is there if you reach out for it!" No, it's not. Maybe sometimes, but not usually. The drugs are there to fuck you up when you reach out for help, that's what happens all too often.

A

angelfeather

Student
Oct 31, 2020
Unfortunately this happens way too often. Too suicidal for CBT but not suicidal enough for a community team so you just kind of end up in limbo. It's awful, I'm sorry :(
I've been 'in the system' for well over a year now and I've still never even made it on a CBT waiting list (not that I'd be open enough for it to help lol). Think I'll just end up being another statistic, one more person lost, let down whenever they were crying out for help
I'm so so sorry you've been through this. I feel exactly the same. I have absolutely no self worth and I was made to feel like I didn't deserve the help when I asked for it. It's awful.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I'm so so sorry you've been through this. I feel exactly the same. I have absolutely no self worth and I was made to feel like I didn't deserve the help when I asked for it. It's awful.
I guess this is probably the depression - the self worth and feeling like we don't deserve help. Even when they seem to care and go beyond what's expected of them, I feel guilty for them wasting their time on me. I can't win with my stupid brain lol
But hey, at least we're not alone in feeling like this I guess

• Love
Reactions: angelfeather
A

angelfeather

Student
Oct 31, 2020
I guess this is probably the depression - the self worth and feeling like we don't deserve help. Even when they seem to care and go beyond what's expected of them, I feel guilty for them wasting their time on me. I can't win with my stupid brain lol
Definitely,
But hey, at least we're not alone in feeling like this I gues
Definitely, it does help. :)

Reactions: elfgyoza
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
My mh worker said if I was anybody else (I presume that just means not autistic) then I'd probably be in hospital right now.

I suppose that's a good thing, but also where the hell are we supposed to go when we're in crisis? People always go on about how you should 'reach out for help' but where is this help, because I'm not seeing it anywhere.
She hasn't referred me to the crisis team either because apparently I wouldn't do well with talking to a different person every time lmao

The UK is a joke and it's really taking a lot of effort to stop myself from just CTB'ing purely out of spite and anger
100% Agree! UK Mental health services couldn't find their own backsides with both hands, a torch, a map and a bloody GPS!!! Knob Wombles the lot of them!

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020

Elfgyoza

This is why i hate mental health awareness campaigns and all these celebrities getting involved in mental health campaigns and all this online bullshit #TimetoTalk #Itisoknottobeok as well as all this ribbon bullshit. .
When i saw prince harry and Meghan markle talking at mental health with young people. I thought " shut up and go away"

There is no help for mental health care in the UK. Anyone can suffer from mental illness but celebrities or rich people don't live in our world. These celebrities can get easy access to help while the rest of us have to wait in the NHS queue.

Nothing will change because these politicians here dont care about mental health because is not a trendy issue .

More importantly these politicians their children if they have mental health crisis there kids will have best care which the public will never have. Why would they care about the public?

This applies to all political parties labour, tory , lib dems etc.
I love our NHS but when it comes to mental health it is appalling.

I tried getting help in the past for therapy but no one ever responds or messages me.

The waiting list in my area is 10 months you cant move up the list. I read about mental health services reviews and none of the reviews are good

People want to get rid of this website but dont even campaign or fight for a better mental health system here in the UK. The hypocrisy is astounding
Sharing a stupid Twitter hashtag is not activism or virtual signalling you are voting labour.
Campaigning for change is 24/7 not just for elections.

The people on this site listened to me more than people on the outside world. If i was helped and properly listened too i wouldn't be here.

The NHS has become the No Help Service when it comes to mental health

StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
hashtag I couldnt even be bothered reading what you wrote. But I'll vote for it if my friends do

Reactions: Disappointered
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
100% Agree! UK Mental health services couldn't find their own backsides with both hands, a torch, a map and a bloody GPS!!! Knob Wombles the lot of them!
Lone wolf

This comment has made me laugh even though this is a serious issues.

The worst thing about the UK nothing will change because the Mps ( all political parties)don't care about mental health because it is Not a trendy issue among voter base or the media. The media controls the agenda .
Mps care about what is trendy. It is fucking disgusting.

I love our NHS and grateful we have free health care but the problem with the UK we cant criticise the NHS this is why the NHS never reform.

The whole clap for carers was just pathetic . I am sorry. The NHS support and praise been elevated during the pandemic.

The NHS is the UK new religion. It is authority can't be questioned anyone who dares faces accusations of being a "tory" or "dont care"
Lone wolf

This comment has made me laugh even though this is a serious issues.

The worst thing about the UK nothing will change because the Mps ( all political parties)don't care about mental health because it is Not a trendy issue among voter base or the media. The media controls the agenda .
Mps care about what is trendy. It is fucking disgusting.

I love our NHS and grateful we have free health care but the problem with the UK we cant criticise the NHS this is why the NHS never reform.

The whole clap for carers was just pathetic . I am sorry. The NHS support and praise been elevated during the pandemic.
The NHS is the UK new religion. It is authority can't be questioned anyone who dares faces accusations of being a "tory" or "dont care"

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Elfgyoza

This is why i hate mental health awareness campaigns and all these celebrities getting involved in mental health campaigns and all this online bullshit #TimetoTalk #Itisoknottobeok as well as all this ribbon bullshit. .
When i saw prince harry and Meghan markle talking at mental health with young people. I thought " shut up and go away"

There is no help for mental health care in the UK. Anyone can suffer from mental illness but celebrities or rich people don't live in our world. These celebrities can get easy access to help while the rest of us have to wait in the NHS queue.

Nothing will change because these politicians here dont care about mental health because is not a trendy issue .

More importantly these politicians their children if they have mental health crisis there kids will have best care which the public will never have. Why would they care about the public?

This applies to all political parties labour, tory , lib dems etc.
I love our NHS but when it comes to mental health it is appalling.

I tried getting help in the past for therapy but no one ever responds or messages me.

The waiting list in my area is 10 months you cant move up the list. I read about mental health services reviews and none of the reviews are good

People want to get rid of this website but dont even campaign or fight for a better mental health system here in the UK. The hypocrisy is astounding
Sharing a stupid Twitter hashtag is not activism or virtual signalling you are voting labour.
Campaigning for change is 24/7 not just for elections.

The people on this site listened to me more than people on the outside world. If i was helped and properly listened too i wouldn't be here.

The NHS has become the No Help Service when it comes to mental health
Yeah all those positivity and 'reach out' campaigns make me a bit angry as well. But to be completely fair, the people pushing that kind of thing have likely never dealt with mental health services, they don't know how bad it can be. I don't think it's their intention to be shallow, it's more showing their naivety.
On the other hand... I know a lot of people will say things like 'my dm's are always open' etc., maybe they are willing to show a bit of sympathy, but they're also not ready or prepared for anything other than 'I'm a bit sad, I've had a bad day'. They have no idea how to handle suicidal thoughts, especially for someone who isn't impulsively suicidal.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with therapy and stuff. It's like the NHS was just kind of caught unawares, like all of a sudden there was an influx of mental health referrals and it's snowballed over the years. I can't understand why this wasn't predicted.

As much as I hate the majority of politicians, I do think there's still a few out there that genuinely care. They're outnumbered by those who only care about themselves though, the recent blatant corruption by the government is a great example of that.
And as much as I think that everyone involved with the covid response (the workers not the nhs as an entity) was amazing, the clapping really pissed me off. Where were they when doctors and nurses were campaigning for better pay and contracts (e.g.)? They were probably stood on their doorstep banging a spoon on a pan...

I also don't really know what the solution to all this is? It's way too complex for me. Idk maybe everyone should just be kinder and less selfish lol

Last edited:
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Yeah all those positivity and 'reach out' campaigns make me a bit angry as well. But to be completely fair, the people pushing that kind of thing have likely never dealt with mental health services, they don't know how bad it can be. I don't think it's their intention to be shallow, it's more showing their naivety.
On the other hand... I know a lot of people will say things like 'my dm's are always open' etc., maybe they are willing to show a bit of sympathy, but they're also not ready or prepared for anything other than 'I'm a bit sad, I've had a bad day'. They have no idea how to handle suicidal thoughts, especially for someone who isn't impulsively suicidal.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with therapy and stuff. It's like the NHS was just kind of caught unawares, like all of a sudden there was an influx of mental health referrals and it's snowballed over the years. I can't understand why this wasn't predicted.

As much as I hate the majority of politicians, I do think there's still a few out there that genuinely care. They're outnumbered by those who only care about themselves though, the recent blatant corruption by the government is a great example of that.
I also don't really know what the solution to all this is? It's way too complex for me. Idk maybe everyone should just be kinder and less selfish lol
Elfgyoza
I am 23
There used to be a time politicians cared . I would say during the second world war because at that time period the people and politicians were truly in it together. The Queen was driver and mechanic in the Army.

The problem with UK politics today is politicians want to gain and too many politicians profit from their careers.
We have mps giving jobs to friends, getting a lbc radio show of their shown ruth Davidson and David lammy . It has become a gravy train.
The electoral system creates safe seats for mps so mps can take for granted thier constituents . I support PR in elections and term limits for mps. I think 4 should do it

A lot of mps don't understand how people live this applies to labour party as well. This is why we have poor policies which end up harming the public

A lot of labour mps ended up in politics due to activism or working in politics see a pattern when you read the mps history.

To improve Politics im the UK politcs need to be more local and close to home. Mps should live in the area they represent and political parties should select parliamentary candidates based on how they can improve the local area. Forget all the trendy issues time to focus on the boring ie trains, healthcare, council tax etc.

A lot of candidates get selected because they tow the party line and can suck the leaders cock. This has got to stop.

Solutions to improve mental health in the UK
- Approve medical cannabis for severe cases of depression and ketamine spray . Ketamine has been found in a study to improve depression in a form of a spray created by scientists.

-governments need to invest more in doctor and specialists for mental health and create specialist places that deal with mental health which people can access.

- Cut the waiting times and reduce the bureaucracy to help make mental health services accessible to the public

-improve communications by allowing emails and clear responses. The NHS can be quite poor with communication. I told i had a letter sent to my house about treatment and phone calls. I never recieved any and i frequently check the letter box and my phone is alwsys on.

I like politics a lot and interested in this kind of stuff.
The problem is nobody is trying

Reactions: elfgyoza
elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I like politics a lot and interested in this kind of stuff.
The problem is nobody is trying
Unfortunately, I think this is the reason why nothing ever changes. I'm the same, as much as I care about politics and improving the system, I'm just so worn out and I have no hope it'll ever change in my lifetime so why even bother..

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Before I moved to the UK I spent nearly all of my teenage years interacting with the mental health services of my home country. I've been entrenched in the system since I was 13, having my family's pockets picked by the professionals while I was none the wiser.

There was a certain quota/number of visits you would need to hit. Then like clockwork, your insurance provider would force you to shell out extra money if you wanted to continue using these services, all while the therapists and psychiatrists offer no reprive from this and gladly will see you out the door when you can't pay up.

Having seen both sides of the lawn, the grass isn't always greener. Both gardens are wilted, vile, and full of shit- only with slightly different aesthetics when it comes to their states of dilapidation. In the UK, there is no grass left, it's all barren, the NHS staffing schedules are just like empty little dirt patches. In countries with no nationalised healthcare, you have weeds growing instead of the grass. There are services available, but they are utterly useless.

The thing I have realized in my almost 8 years of dealing with the mental health industry, is that once you become a complex case, they'd rather you go off and vanish lest they have to actually ponder uncomfortable realities or think outside the box. Sure, the platitudes, the cognitive behavioral therapy pushing, the hashtags and the it's okay to not be okay bullshit, may very well help some people. Yet, they seem to not have the slightest care about the fact these things don't help us.

I have taken over a dozen psychiatric medications, and not even once could a psychiatrist explain the mechanism of action of the drugs they were doling out into the hands of someone who was a 14 year old child at the time. They couldn't explain if I actually had an imbalance of serotonin, and ignored my statements regarding the abuse I was going through at home and at school.

The continued interactions I had with therapists and psychologists only reinforced my belief that such a system is inherently broken. I have always needed caring relationships, someone to help me with tasks around the house, who will assist me in times when my disability becomes too much to bear, but such help does not exist. Therapists and drugs can't fill the gap left by a lack of human connection, trauma, and illness.

You are expected to somehow find catharsis by venting to strangers who hold your autonomy in their fists and will gladly clamp down on it the moment you mention that life may not be worth living. What better way to make someone think, 'gee, I shouldn't ctb after all' than restraining them and injecting them with Haldol if they don't want to have their dignity stripped away with involuntary sectioning and psychiatric holds!

Despite all this, I was willing to give the help another shot recently, much like you OP. The NHS won't deal with ptsd, so I sought out local charities that offered support for victims of severe traumas. The requirements included things like: you must not be suicidal (because it means you don't truly want to get better and aren't in the mindset for recovery, according to these people ) the traumatic event must not have been recent (why?) and you have to agree to be on a waiting list for over a year. No thanks.

I would say that the NHS and mental health services in general are run by absolute clowns, but that would mean they had something amusing or funny to offer rather than just being a self fulfilling prophecy of a comedy of errors.

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
Before I moved to the UK I spent nearly all of my teenage years interacting with the mental health services of my home country. I've been entrenched in the system since I was 13, having my family's pockets picked by the professionals while I was none the wiser.

There was a certain quota/number of visits you would need to hit. Then like clockwork, your insurance provider would force you to shell out extra money if you wanted to continue using these services, all while the therapists and psychiatrists offer no reprive from this and gladly will see you out the door when you can't pay up.

Having seen both sides of the lawn, the grass isn't always greener. Both gardens are wilted, vile, and full of shit- only with slightly different aesthetics when it comes to their states of dilapidation. In the UK, there is no grass left, it's all barren, the NHS staffing schedules are just like empty little dirt patches. In countries with no nationalised healthcare, you have weeds growing instead of the grass. There are services available, but they are utterly useless.

The thing I have realized in my almost 8 years of dealing with the mental health industry, is that once you become a complex case, they'd rather you go off and vanish lest they have to actually ponder uncomfortable realities or think outside the box. Sure, the platitudes, the cognitive behavioral therapy pushing, the hashtags and the it's okay to not be okay bullshit, may very well help some people. Yet, they seem to not have the slightest care about the fact these things don't help us.

I have taken over a dozen psychiatric medications, and not even once could a psychiatrist explain the mechanism of action of the drugs they were doling out into the hands of someone who was a 14 year old child at the time. They couldn't explain if I actually had an imbalance of serotonin, and ignored my statements regarding the abuse I was going through at home and at school.

The continued interactions I had with therapists and psychologists only reinforced my belief that such a system is inherently broken. I have always needed caring relationships, someone to help me with tasks around the house, who will assist me in times when my disability becomes too much to bear, but such help does not exist. Therapists and drugs can't fill the gap left by a lack of human connection, trauma, and illness.

You are expected to somehow find catharsis by venting to strangers who hold your autonomy in their fists and will gladly clamp down on it the moment you mention that life may not be worth living. What better way to make someone think, 'gee, I shouldn't ctb after all' than restraining them and injecting them with Haldol if they don't want to have their dignity stripped away with involuntary sectioning and psychiatric holds!

Despite all this, I was willing to give the help another shot recently, much like you OP. The NHS won't deal with ptsd, so I sought out local charities that offered support for victims of severe traumas. The requirements included things like: you must not be suicidal (because it means you don't truly want to get better and aren't in the mindset for recovery, according to these people ) the traumatic event must not have been recent (why?) and you have to agree to be on a waiting list for over a year. No thanks.

I would say that the NHS and mental health services in general are run by absolute clowns, but that would mean they had something amusing or funny to offer rather than just being a self fulfilling prophecy of a comedy of errors.
So well written. While I am grateful for our national healthcare, it has a lot of flaws. It's often the only thing people are proud of about the UK (or it seems to be), but there's little being done to actually improve it. At least the poor and the well off both get no help over here, yay equality!

A

Ae54rge

Dec 6, 2020
I know I'm not the only 1 who can say their PTSD can also be traced back to the traumatic experience they endured while under the care of the NHS. It's no wonder the amount of people who take their own lives in the UK after what I experienced first hand. They do not care, it was a thorough pleasure reading about them being lost to COVID. Treat someone like shit for 2 decades they gonna start celebrating when your dropping dead.

London2021

London2021

Jan 30, 2021
Difference between physical healthcare in the NHS and MH care is in MH care NO choice of provider.
You can't choose which Trust to go to.
Unlike with physical healthcare.
SO basically their attitude is ' our way or the highway '.
My entire family are NHS professionals, as have I been in the past.
The Tory cuts have been savage and privatisation going on by stealth.
But let's be clear : NO one but no one employed in the NHS thinks MH services are fit for purpose because of a completely different culture and practice.
It's NOT health care it's control and containment and those recruited to work are often some of the most violent people I have ever met.

Wouldn't matter how many billions you poured in to the system the toxic culture would remain the same.

My MH is a disability in my eyes with some acute illness flare ups overlaid.

There is a legal entitlement to be able to access a personal health budget to spend on healthcare , direct funding for specialist services such as therapy for those of us too high risk for the MH system ( "laughs hysterically and maniacally at this point " ) and funded social care. But the responsibility for applying and processing these rights lies with the very same MH Trusts that fail and we can't change.

This one - who at this stage in my life I won't go near - would lose hundreds thousands £ in funding if we were able to access our rights and go elsewhere. After all, we are the experts in ourselves....

Rant over

M

MaybeSoon

Experienced
Oct 11, 2019
I wish you could become a voluntary inpatient by choice in this country. There's no where to get respite when things are overwhelming in the 'real' world. I'd probably not want to leave though

elfgyoza

elfgyoza

Cursed
Aug 5, 2019
I wish you could become a voluntary inpatient by choice in this country. There's no where to get respite when things are overwhelming in the 'real' world. I'd probably not want to leave though
I know saying this doesn't help, but you absolutely don't want to be an inpatient. It will make you feel so much worse than at home, you lose so much freedom and control, and you'll have to put up with a lot of shit from other patients (mainly the manic ones)