• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
Yet another lonely Friday night, I'm tired of this recovery lark. I mean when do things ever get better. I keep struggling on and all I ever get is the same old situation. What's the point anymore.
I'm great when it comes to giving others advice, but myself I never seem to get there, the wave I ride is all troughs never peaks.
Just so tired

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead beat dad, thepolarbear, Nem and 7 others
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I get you, it's way easier for me to give advice than actually apply it to myself too. Sometimes the good moments are so few and far between and what you experience feels like a continuous wave of grief.

What's keeping me here is curiosity. I don't know what's to come and I'll never know if I end it now. Sometimes I don't care and the impulsiveness runs through it but I'm holding on for something (I don't know what)

Your wave will have its peaks it's just a longer journey to get there.

Reactions: GinaIsReady and less than
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
That's me too. Pretty good at advice but never listen to it. Yeah another sodding Friday night. I wish I could go out and prop up the bar somewhere.

Reactions: Sensei and GinaIsReady
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I get you, it's way easier for me to give advice than actually apply it to myself too. Sometimes the good moments are so few and far between and what you experience feels like a continuous wave of grief.

What's keeping me here is curiosity. I don't know what's to come and I'll never know if I end it now. Sometimes I don't care and the impulsiveness runs through it but I'm holding on for something (I don't know what)

Your wave will have its peaks it's just a longer journey to get there.
I hold out for moments of happiness it's all I get. And these moments come from going to gigs, so I book lots of gigs well in advance. It keeps me going I have gigs booked up till December this year 13 in total so far.
That's me too. Pretty good at advice but never listen to it. Yeah another sodding Friday night. I wish I could go out and prop up the bar somewhere.
No bars near me I live out in the sticks

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Here's me putting the kettle on and making everybody a cup of tea.

Lonely hearts' club is now open!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, GinaIsReady, Partial-Elf and 1 other person
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
Here's me putting the kettle on and making everybody a cup of tea.

Lonely hearts' club is now open!
Exactly.... I'm on the beer

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We should take it to the SS lounge and get a drink there.

Reactions: Sensei
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
And all cry into our beer haha

Reactions: Sensei
CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Back, but with less enthusiasm. Hugs~
Feb 22, 2020
At least you're not sitting in a waiting room full of mentally broken people, waiting to see a doctor so you can get hospitalized like me. Been here for almost 4 hours now... Just want to go home, but I'm locked in, so what can I do? xD

What a shitty Friday night indeed. Here, have some hugs :hug::hug::hug::heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Margimet, Sensei, GinaIsReady and 4 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
At least you're not sitting in a waiting room full of mentally broken people, waiting to see a doctor so you can get hospitalized like me. Been here for almost 4 hours now... Just want to go home, but I'm locked in, so what can I do? xD

What a shitty Friday night indeed. Here, have some hugs :hug::hug::hug::heart:
Nooooooo what a nightmare! What happened?
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I copy-catted your thread, just so you know, @Suicide_vampire

:-)

CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Feb 22, 2020
Nooooooo what a nightmare! What happened?
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
The realisation that I'm completely stuck. If I'm not going to CTB, I know I will eventually end up hospitalized sooner or later anyway. Might as well get it over with. Main goal is to try some new medicines or ECT (that scares me, though).

Reactions: Margimet
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
I feel you ... 15-20 years and counting of this godforsaken shit. I don't think i can get any more fed up with it. Can't say i didn't try though.

Sorry to hear alot of us have been this way for so long.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: thepolarbear and Mizzmini45
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I copy-catted your thread, just so you know, @Suicide_vampire

:-)
Yes I noticed, what is it they say great minds think alike, or is it fools never differ
The realisation that I'm completely stuck. If I'm not going to CTB, I know I will eventually end up hospitalized sooner or later anyway. Might as well get it over with. Main goal is to try some new medicines or ECT (that scares me, though).
I'm approaching my psychiatrist on the 23rd of the month to ask about ECT

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Bless you CuddleHug. I hope it goes well for you and I'm sorry you are at that stage. At least you are being proactive and taking it on yourself. Sounds like you need a hug. :hug:

Reactions: GinaIsReady
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Suicide_vampire

I am definitely a fool.
Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.

(Shakespeare, who else?)

Reactions: GinaIsReady and Suicide_vampire
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I'd love to just go to hospital and get help but I'm scared of what will happen, I was treated poorly last time I was in but that was about 15 years ago

• Aww..
Reactions: CuddleHug, Deleted member 1465 and Epsilon0
CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Feb 22, 2020
I'm approaching my psychiatrist on the 23rd of the month to ask about ECT
I've heard a lot of good things about it, but also some horror stories I'd rather avoid. If I do get to try it, I'll make sure to post about my experiences!
Bless you CuddleHug. I hope it goes well for you and I'm sorry you are at that stage. At least you are being proactive and taking it on yourself. Sounds like you need a hug. :hug:
What, a hug?! How DARE you?! :O I'm the one who should give you a hug. *hugs* :hug:

Also, sorry @Suicide_vampire for kinda hijacking your thread. I was mostly just trying to share your loneliness and misery a bit xD

Reactions: Sensei, Suicide_vampire and Deleted member 1465
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
It's fine don't worry about it, threads are here for all of us. They are no one persons property

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, ReadytoCtb, CuddleHug and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I really do feel like there should be some sad country music playing in the background.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: LittleJem and Deleted member 1465
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
I really do feel like there should be some sad country music playing in the background.
Best country song title I ever heard was "There's tears in my ears from crying over you"

CuddleHug

CuddleHug

Feb 22, 2020
I'd love to just go to hospital and get help but I'm scared of what will happen, I was treated poorly last time I was in but that was about 15 years ago
In my country, it seems psychiatric hospitals/wards are somewhat reliable. My experiences have varied, but overall I've been satisfied. Like, it's not a pleasant environment, but compared to wallowing in your own misery and never getting the proper help through normal channels, it can be worth it.

Edit: I'm going to stop using my phone now because I'm running low on battery and I will need it if they for some reason send me home rather that admit me. Hugs to you both~ :heart:

Last edited:
Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020

Reactions: Epsilon0, Deleted member 1465 and CuddleHug
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I always identified with this song. Like most people I first heard of Chris via the Garth Brooks song.
I watched his son ride in the local Kaycee rodeo many years ago.
This is stone cold cowboy music with heart.

Reactions: Epsilon0
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
Yet another lonely Friday night, I'm tired of this recovery lark. I mean when do things ever get better. I keep struggling on and all I ever get is the same old situation. What's the point anymore.
I'm great when it comes to giving others advice, but myself I never seem to get there, the wave I ride is all troughs never peaks.
Just so tired
Been that way since Nov 2018.

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
Was just thinking my ideal way to go.... First take out a large loan (there's no one left behind who would be responsible for it), fly to the states. Rent a beautiful mustang, drive from New York to Vegas... Have a crazy weekend in Vegas then on the Monday purchase a fire arm drive out to the desert with my favourite tunes, watch the sun go down then goodbye cruel world.

Reactions: Epsilon0 and CarefulWithThatAxe
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Was just thinking my ideal way to go.... First take out a large loan (there's no one left behind who would be responsible for it), fly to the states. Rent a beautiful mustang, drive from New York to Vegas... Have a crazy weekend in Vegas then on the Monday purchase a fire arm drive out to the desert with my favourite tunes, watch the sun go down then goodbye cruel world.
That's such a rock n roll way to go.

Reactions: LittleJem and Suicide_vampire
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

That is probably one of the last things in this world I would ever consider doing.
But, good luck to you!