Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Hi,I have been making myself vomit about once a week for some time (anorexia / bulimia + vomiting) ... will I therefore be more sensitive to vomiting when I drink sn? no report?

• Aww..
Reactions: Cursed4ever
iftheworldwasending

iftheworldwasending

My prayer is that when I die, all of hell rejoice.
Sep 26, 2020
i would love to know this as well. i've been bulimic for years and this is a great question.

justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
I don't think you would be any more susceptible to vomiting just because you have an eating disorder. Unless, you have caused major gastrointestinal issues due to your eating disorder and struggle with vomiting (not self induced v m) when you eat too much, take medications, etc then I wouldn't worry too much.

Reactions: flower
flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
in my experience my gag reflex disappears when i purge a lot, so i'd think if anything you'd be less likely to vomit? maybe

Reactions: spooky
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
My gag reflex is fucked too due to alcoholism.

A feeding tube to the back of the throat to bypass the tongue is something ill try out.

Probably will be a good idea to make multiple 20g in 50ml drinks so if u vomit then try drink some more etc.

Reactions: BridgeJumper
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Anorexic - bulimic for almost 6 years here, yes I am now way more sensitive to vomiting than I was before having ED. Food often randomly comes up sometime after I eat it, especially liquids. My weird head spinning condition makes me feel like I have motion sickness 24/7 too and it doesnt help.
So yeah, it might influence this.
Always had some defect in the valve in my throat that makes food pass and I think I broke it

• Hugs
Reactions: opiatedreamz
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I watched a video of a person that was bulimic for many years and she said that because she was forcing herself to throw up, she damaged a part in her throat and now it's very easy to throw up for her unless she gets surgery. I don't remember the exact medical terms or anything but basically there's this flap on your throat that keeps you from throwing up and if you damage it by pushing your fingers in your throat you will be able to throw up just by a putting your head forward. It's very bad because it can cause heart burn and basically burn your throat because now the stomach content isn't being held by anything, so for example when you just lay down it will go towards your throat already. I'm not sure for how long you've experienced eating disorders but I guess this is one of the things that could happen or might already be on its way to happen to you? I'm not sure but it's a thing to think about. If you are gonna be bulimic for many years forward, SN might now be a good option anymore

Reactions: BridgeJumper
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
I'm the same, anorexia with purging, but I think it would make us less likely to vomit from having a damaged gag reflex that often happens from induced vomiting

BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
I used to post on eating disorder forums and yes, apparently for some people it gets harder with time, sometimes to the point they cant purge anymore. But for me I have throat valve damage and the more I do it the more I cant keep down food anymore

flower

flower

on the moon
Feb 23, 2020
I have also heard of people who purge so much that it's very easy for them to vomit on command without having to stimulate their gag reflex, hunch over etc. I suppose it depends how it's affected you individually

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
I'd say if anything, being bulimic makes your gag reflex even less because you know how to control it. As someone who has purged for years my gag reflex for most things is non-existent unless I make myself do it.

• Love
Reactions: Defenestration