BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Ok, who else watches anime? I LOVE it. It really gets me through shit times, I love the Japanese language as well. What are some of your favourites?

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, WonderingSoul, justamortal and 21 others
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
I used to quite a bit. Full metal, claymore, berserk probably my three favourite I can think of right now.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Sinai Silence, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I watch alot every season. I can't really tell you what my all time favorites are. There is way to much good stuff out there.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, Circles and 3 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I love Blue Exorcist, Restaurant to Another World, Re:Zero, Aldnoah Zero, Death Note, Attack on Titan, just started watching Demon School and Bleach... long way to go there lmao.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, JustHeckinKillMe and 5 others
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
I'm waiting for next seasons of Shield Hero and Made in Abyss, extended cut of Re:Zero, next chapter of Overlord LN and Attack on Titan manga to finish (these two I literally couldn't wait for, started reading source material ahead). These are probably the most favorites that I still keep track of.

Of old classics, Code Geass, Mirai Nikki and Bungou Stray Dogs probably.

And of course there's JJBA. There's always JJBA.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Inferdan, Circles and 5 others
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
Made in abyss was one of my favourite series actually, now I remember! That was really quite something.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Kassender, Circles and 2 others
i'mfine

i'mfine

Jan 14, 2020
my favorite anime it's a shoujo called nazo no kanojo

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, BPD Barbie and 1 other person
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I'm terrible at picking favorites but I was asked this recently so I'll just copy paste the list I came up with.

I'd have to say in no specific order: Katanagatari, Mahoromatic, Azumanga Daioh, Konohana Kitan, Thunderbolt Fantasy, The Law of Ueki, Acchi Kocchi, Kemono Friends and The Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Not really watching anything this season as I haven't been feeling it. I am currently watching the original Gundam though I only just started.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, Nemeshisu and 2 others
Freedom Believer

Freedom Believer

Forever alone.
Dec 23, 2019
The only anime I really watched the whole way through was Mirai Nikki.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Circles, charlottewilts and 1 other person
Nemeshisu

Nemeshisu

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I didn't watch a lot of anime. I have watched only around 50 different anime series. I love various anime genres though.

I absolutely love that sentimental anime that made my cry. My favorites from this category are Angel Beats, Anohana and Kimi no na wa.

When I was younger, I loved Bleach and Code Geass.

During my rather darker period, I loved Death Note and Youjo Senki.

I love Bungou Stray Dogs, but I only watched the first season.

One from my earliest anime and my absolute favorites are Kuro no Keiyakusha (Although, Season 2 is a lot worse than the first one) and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

And then there are that rather unusual anime that not a lot people watched for various reasons. I love Mononoke (2007). It can be hard to watch due to its unusual style. But I liked it because you could learn a lot about Japanese spirtual folklore from it. It's certainly not an anime for everyone though.

So, as I love a lot very different anime, it's hard to compare them and select one favorite from them.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, charlottewilts and 4 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Has anyone seen any of the live actions ones? Just ruined the feel of it for me, Death Note was cool however, but wouldn't watch it again.

Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 17331, Circles and 1 other person
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
my favourites are Bungou Stray Dogs (been obsessed with this one for 3 years now), Shiki and Rozen Maiden :-) i love anime soundtracks and i get attached to the characters. the stories really touch me.

i watched some excerpts of the Bungou stage plays on YouTube, they were wonderful. you can tell the actors really love what they're doing ^__^

please talk with me about Bungou Stray Dogs i love it so much

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, Circles and 4 others
Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
I like pretty much any anime that came on Adult Swim back in the day.
Ones I loved later is Elfen Lied, Junni Taizen, Sword Art Online, Black Lagoon, and I'll watch Yu-Gi-Oh occasionally.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, MysticPerception and 2 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
I actually keep an anime list but I haven't updated it in a while.
Madoka Magica, Monogatari series(finished watching all of it :sunglasses:), Death Note, Bungo Stray Dogs, Happy Sugar Life, Boogiepop and the Others, Dennou Coil, Lupin the Third, Youjo Senki, A Certain Scientific Railgun + Accelerator, K - ON, Shinsekai Yori, Pandora Hearts, Danganronpa, Gosick, Black Butler, Another etc.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, JustHeckinKillMe, Circles and 5 others
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I'm still a rookie, but it was really good I discovered it since I couldn't find joy in gaming anymore.

My favorite anime is Attack on Titan, followed by Hyouka, Your Lie in April and Hunter x Hunter. It's kind of hard to watch anything after AoT, though – I finished it a month ago, and still can't get my mind off it.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, Circles and 4 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
I didn't watch a lot of anime. I have watched only around 50 different anime series. I love various anime genres though.

I absolutely love that sentimental anime that made my cry. My favorites from this category are Angel Beats, Anohana and Kimi no na wa.

When I was younger, I loved Bleach and Code Geass.

During my rather darker period, I loved Death Note and Youjo Senki.

I love Bungou Stray Dogs, but I only watched the first season.

One from my earliest anime and my absolute favorites are Kuro no Keiyakusha (Although, Season 2 is a lot worse than the first one) and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

And then there are that rather unusual anime that not a lot people watched for various reasons. I love Mononoke (2007). It can be hard to watch due to its unusual style. But I liked it because you could learn a lot about Japanese spirtual folklore from it. It's certainly not an anime for everyone though.

So, as I love a lot very different anime, it's hard to compare them and select one favorite from them.
Mononoke was on my list. Surprised to see someone watched it. It's sad that I never got to watching it.

Reactions: Circles, StillWaiting and BPD Barbie
Skathon

Skathon

"...scarred underneath, and I'm falling..."
Oct 29, 2018
What are some of your favourites?
"Wolf's Rain", "The Cat Returns", "Spirited Away", "B: The Beginning", "Monster", "Cat Soup", "Golden Kamuy" and... "Psycho-Pass", perhaps.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, MysticPerception and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm gonna check a lot of the ones I haven't heard of out. Always up for new things to watch!

Reactions: Circles, MysticPerception, BabyYoda and 1 other person
B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
tokyo ghoul manga is amazing, the anime isnt' bad either.

psychopass is pretty interesting. Ghost in the Shell (the movie, the more recent animes) is amazing.

The lore and story of Naruto is so damn cool. As cheesy as it might be at times, there are so many elements of the story telling which are just so well done.

@BPD Barbie so glad to see youre back. Hang in there, you tough gal.

Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Has anyone seen any of the live actions ones? Just ruined the feel of it for me, Death Note was cool however, but wouldn't watch it again.

Live action Death Note movie was what put me off live action anime tbh.

Also, I'm loving the style of Mononoke and I love learning about any mythology so I'm gonna have to check that out tomorrow.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles and BPD Barbie
Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
Im using a site where i can well-arange all the animes i saw or i am currently watching and put notes. I forget some of them in a span of years and i can look at how i rated them, to see if its worth rewatching. Most of the time its not possible though, they release way to much in a short time span.
I just start filtering genres im oversaturated , like isekais for example.

BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
I don't really have a specific favorite, but the latest ones I have watched/am watching are My Hero Academia, Demon Slayer, Fate/Stay Night (got into it because of a video game), and a bunch of movies like Hello World and Weathering With You.

Glad to see that there's an anime thread here to provide me some relief from my pain.

EDIT: Forgot to say that when I was in high school I used to be obsessed with Hetalia, with all the hot countries and such. I finished all the way to Season 6. Made me like world history for a while.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, Circles and 2 others
SylvaanBanaan

SylvaanBanaan

Jun 19, 2019
Ive only really watched your lie in april so far (also because the damn fans spam every piano youtube video out there lmao) Because i love piano music i was hooked right away, absolutely loved it.

But i'm recently looking for something new to watch so i'll keep an eye on this thread :wink:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, charlottewilts and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Let's see, growing up I watched a lot of Miyazaki films like Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Nuasicaa Valley of the Wind and My Neighbor Totoro. Today my absolute obsession is My Hero Academia, see @BabyYoda pic gif above for reference. Other's I've watched is Fullmetal Alchemist, both 2003 and Brotherhood. I'm compiling a watch list for myself like One Punch Man, Darling in the FranXX, Demon Slayer and Mirai Nikki.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, Circles and 3 others
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Nov 4, 2019
Let's see, growing up I watched a lot of Miyazaki films like Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Nuasicaa Valley of the Wind and My Neighbor Totoro. Today my absolute obsession is My Hero Academia, see @BabyYoda pic gif above for reference. Other's I've watched is Fullmetal Alchemist, both 2003 and Brotherhood. I'm compiling a watch list for myself like One Punch Man, Darling in the FranXX, Demon Slayer and Mirai Nikki.
Howl's Moving Castle is a good one by Miyazaki as well :)

• Love
Reactions: WinterFaust, JustHeckinKillMe, Circles and 3 others
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
I just finished the first season of 3-gatsu no Lion. Really well done, made me tear up a few times.

My favorite anime is the original GitS movie.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Circles, BPD Barbie and 2 others
MysticPerception

MysticPerception

I'm back and I'll still smile for you
Dec 31, 2019
I enjoyed the original Death Note live action trilogy. It was a fun watch and the ending is actually better than the anime in my opinion. Though the third movie is kind of bad not gonna lie. I've heard the Ruroni Kenshin live action is really good as well though I haven't watched it myself.

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
I used to watch them a lot. Can't really pinpoint my favourite anime

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Anyone watch Haikyu? I'm excited because I just realized we've finally got the current season. I never thought I'd be into a volleyball anime, but it so much fun! It reminds me of Naruto, if Naruto played sports.

Reactions: WinterFaust, Deleted member 17331, Circles and 2 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Anyone watch Haikyu? I'm excited because I just realized we've finally got the current season. I never thought I'd be into a volleyball anime, but it so much fun! It reminds me of Naruto, if Naruto played sports.
I did. Also never thought I would like a sports anime since i don't do sports.