sincerelysad

sincerelysad

bpd . chronic pain . ptsd . pls be kind <3
Jan 4, 2023
lately i've been seeing a lot of angel numbers.* usually every hour past noon, multiple times a week. i used to be very spiritual and practiced a lot of alternative worship, magick, etc. i've become so depressed that it feels silly even typing it out, but i used to find a great comfort in it and felt it improved my feelings towards life. after i was involved in my accident i stopped practicing and i stopped feeling like it made a difference..
but i can't stop thinking about these angel numbers. i can't help but feel like they mean something intrinsically.
does anyone here believe in angel numbers, see them frequently, or feel this way about them? does anyone here practice energy work/manifestation/alt worship that can offer any insight?

*for those who aren't familiar, "angel numbers" are just sequences of repeating numbers seen places in your life. usually time, on street signs, tv commercials, etc. just out and about wherever there may be numbers. angel numbers are typically from 111 to 999. the different numbers are usually meant to signify something spiritually or significantly related to an upcoming life change, etc. this is just very basic knowledge that i've learned from minimal research, so correct me if i've been misguided please!

Reactions: Sister of the Moon
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
There was a light-hearted discussion about this recently.

If any particular number is of interest, an internet search of the word numerology followed by your number (e.g. "numerology 111") will yield results.

I have known people who use numerology and other New Age methods without actually working on life at a practical level. The results tend to be quite poor. Sometimes this happens because those people are hoping that they can use magic to turn around their life situation without having to deal with mundane matters of unresolved issues and bad habit-patterns, but it usually doesn't work like that. One friend even managed to win a substantial sum in a lottery, but it was soon wasted and she was back to the same problems.

On the other hand, I also had a former boss who had an interest in Wicca and had strong psychic abilities. He arrived in Australia with nothing but a suitcase, but within several years he had met his life partner, ended up with a successful small business through a series of weird coincidences and was able to retire and live out his days in an idyllic home in the forest. He also founded a spiritually-themed shop which was successful. It was almost like the normal harsh rules of reality didn't apply to him - or he was just open to something that most people are not.

He did talk about numerology and was knowledgeable on the subject, but he had also done time in the military so he knew how to handle survival issues, and had a good grounding in practical matters like psychology and financial management. In this sense, he and his family played with all these healing modalities just for fun. It was also something of a profession since he dabbled in psychic readings in his shop.

I do not claim to have everything figured out, though there is definitely a lot more to life and human potential than we currently know. The best advice I can give is to let yourself indulge in alternative modalities for the enjoyment of it, and to remain open to parapsychological insights or spooky coincidences that may offer guidance, but never forget that basic matters like choosing to be around the right people, being willing to do shadow work and running your life sensibly at every level is of primary importance.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, Forever Sleep, Sister of the Moon and 2 others
sincerelysad

sincerelysad

Jan 4, 2023
There was a light-hearted discussion about this recently.

If any particular number is of interest, an internet search of the word numerology followed by your number (e.g. "numerology 111") will yield results.

I have known people who use numerology and other New Age methods without actually working on life at a practical level. The results tend to be quite poor. Sometimes this happens because those people are hoping that they can use magic to turn around their life situation without having to deal with mundane matters of unresolved issues and bad habit-patterns, but it usually doesn't work like that. One friend even managed to win a substantial sum in a lottery, but it was soon wasted and she was back to the same problems.

On the other hand, I also had a former boss who had an interest in Wicca and had strong psychic abilities. He arrived in Australia with nothing but a suitcase, but within several years he had met his life partner, ended up with a successful small business through a series of weird coincidences and was able to retire and live out his days in an idyllic home in the forest. He also founded a spiritually-themed shop which was successful. It was almost like the normal harsh rules of reality didn't apply to him - or he was just open to something that most people are not.

He did talk about numerology and was knowledgeable on the subject, but he had also done time in the military so he knew how to handle survival issues, and had a good grounding in practical matters like psychology and financial management. In this sense, he and his family played with all these healing modalities just for fun. It was also something of a profession since he dabbled in psychic readings in his shop.

I do not claim to have everything figured out, though there is definitely a lot more to life and human potential than we currently know. The best advice I can give is to let yourself indulge in alternative modalities for the enjoyment of it, and to remain open to parapsychological insights or spooky coincidences that may offer guidance, but never forget that basic matters like choosing to be around the right people, being willing to do shadow work and running your life sensibly at every level is of primary importance.
this is an extremely insightful response, thank you so much! i didn't expect for a response at all, much less something this thought provoking. i appreciate it so much, thank you!!🤍

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Sister of the Moon

Sister of the Moon

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Yes I see them and believe. I always make a wish if I see 11:11
Not that any of it has done much good, like. But still. I'd like to reconnect with that side of myself again.

Reactions: Venus13
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My Nana was very spiritual. She used to read people's palms- many people have said her predictions came true but some haven't. Some unfortunately worried people unnecessarily. (Which she would have felt mortified by- she was a lovely lady.) She also said she had a spirit guide.

I know a lot of people just poo poo all this stuff. I don't know what to think really. She did definitely have an insight though. My Mum miscarriaged before she had me. My Dad tried to call my Nana but couldn't get hold of her (no mobiles back then.) She was already on her way to the hospiital because she had the sense that something was wrong.

I also had other relatives who had a really odd experience with an oija board. So really- I'm on the fence with regards to the supernatural.

I'd never heard of Angel numbers. Still- I get the reasoning. Sometimes- we do happen to see things randomly- not just numbers either. The chances of looking that direction when whatever it was was there can sometimes be so slim- it does make you wonder sometimes whether it is some sort of sign.

A kind of silly example but the Nana I spoke of earlier loved sparrows. Whenever I see them, I think of her. Ridiculous but I feel like a part of her is within them. They make me just that little bit happier when I see them. Quite often when I'm really low, one will come hopping across my path. I know it isn't REALLY her but even if it's just association- it makes me feel better.

Anyhow- if it gives you comfort- why not explore this kind of thing? It's not like you're trying to hex people! I don't exactly mind the die hard scientific people in our community saying there's no grounds for all this stuff (or religion come to that.) Still- who REALLY knows? We don't have the answers to everything. Maybe all of it is just our brains fooling us- they're perfectly capable of it- even dreams are pretty crazy. Maybe it's just more distraction and comfort at the end of the day. Still- so long as your beliefs don't start impacting other people negatively- some sort of cult or something- why not?

Always loved that line from the Matrix:

Commander Lock : Dammit, Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe. Morpheus : My beliefs do not require them to.

• Love
Reactions: Venus13 and sincerelysad
sincerelysad

sincerelysad

Jan 4, 2023
My Nana was very spiritual. She used to read people's palms- many people have said her predictions came true but some haven't. Some unfortunately worried people unnecessarily. (Which she would have felt mortified by- she was a lovely lady.) She also said she had a spirit guide.

I know a lot of people just poo poo all this stuff. I don't know what to think really. She did definitely have an insight though. My Mum miscarriaged before she had me. My Dad tried to call my Nana but couldn't get hold of her (no mobiles back then.) She was already on her way to the hospiital because she had the sense that something was wrong.

I also had other relatives who had a really odd experience with an oija board. So really- I'm on the fence with regards to the supernatural.

I'd never heard of Angel numbers. Still- I get the reasoning. Sometimes- we do happen to see things randomly- not just numbers either. The chances of looking that direction when whatever it was was there can sometimes be so slim- it does make you wonder sometimes whether it is some sort of sign.

A kind of silly example but the Nana I spoke of earlier loved sparrows. Whenever I see them, I think of her. Ridiculous but I feel like a part of her is within them. They make me just that little bit happier when I see them. Quite often when I'm really low, one will come hopping across my path. I know it isn't REALLY her but even if it's just association- it makes me feel better.

Anyhow- if it gives you comfort- why not explore this kind of thing? It's not like you're trying to hex people! I don't exactly mind the die hard scientific people in our community saying there's no grounds for all this stuff (or religion come to that.) Still- who REALLY knows? We don't have the answers to everything. Maybe all of it is just our brains fooling us- they're perfectly capable of it- even dreams are pretty crazy. Maybe it's just more distraction and comfort at the end of the day. Still- so long as your beliefs don't start impacting other people negatively- some sort of cult or something- why not?

Always loved that line from the Matrix:

Commander Lock : Dammit, Morpheus. Not everyone believes what you believe. Morpheus : My beliefs do not require them to.
i love love love this response. thank you so much 🤍

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Do people who use magic have the ability to see into another person's life and know what went wrong at a given moment or what they need to solve their problems?
//
Les persones que useu la màgia teniu la capacitat de veure la vida d'una altre persona i saber que és el que va fallar en un moment donat o que necessita per sol·lucionar els seus problemes?

• Hugs
Reactions: sincerelysad