D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Bumping this rather than making a new post as I am feeling this very heavy today. Not sure I will ever find my "place" in this life. :'(
I never found my place, so I can relate. Well, maybe I did, but it was taken from me. Maybe in time you will. Age does often change things, especially if you meet (admittedly rare) understanding people. I'm not even sure I want to fit in anymore, I'm starting to think people should fit in with me for a change :pfff:
You have this place, at least. It's hardly in person connection, but it's something. And all the stuff that the consensus believes is normal...well, it's weird AF to me, so maybe you are the normal one and all the people you don't fit in with are weird and need to be a little more like you, or at least, make the same kind of effort you do to meet half way.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Deleted member 14177
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I completely relate. I never fit in anywhere. Even amongst the "misfits", like others have said.

One reason is probably because I refuse to change myself, and my beliefs, based on what others think. Even if a group agrees with something, I can find myself disagreeing, which I suppose can cause people to become resentful of me because I won't follow the leader. If I think something is dumb, harmful, or illogical, I'll reject it, which I guess doesn't endear me to others.

I also get annoyed at the littlest things people do, which can cause me to become disillusioned and irritated by them very quickly. There are very few people who I can click with in a natural way, without effort. Searching for those people always seems to be a fruitless endeavor.

I guess something inside me just rebels at the concept of "fitting in."

Reactions: taylor321