• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
Hi everyone,

I appreciate that we already have another sticky thread about this, but I felt it is necessary to post another reminder that it is against our rules to post links to sources or to pinpoint where to find sources publicly here.

However, in addition to explicitly naming sources, I have noticed that many members inadvertently leak information in other ways. For example, sometimes members have uploaded images of the product, package, labels etc. Images with identifiable logos (such as a brand name) can be very easily searched. Photos of items can be reverse image searched. Even keywords in labels can be looked up: I checked this earlier with a couple of image posts (which I subsequently edited). I typed in the product name on the customs label and the supplier was the top search result. Barcodes on images can also be scanned and potentially reveal sensitive information.

Please be mindful of what you share. Public posts that name places where methods are obtainable and/or that divulge too much information about sources will be removed.

While Moderators cannot stop members from sharing information privately with others, please proceed with caution when communicating via PM as well.

The intention of this rule is not to stop members from acquiring information. I appreciate it can seem this way and be very frustrating. However, it is necessary to protect suppliers and buyers equally. It is important that we protect our sources, ourselves and each other. Thank you.

LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I would like to add that no-one is obligated to share a source with other members.

I have seen some people historically react in unacceptable ways when someone feels uncomfortable privately sending someone a source. Insulting, intimidating or harassing others for not providing information will not be tolerated.

Spamming threads with requests for sources or repeatedly asking people to send PMs with suppliers is also not acceptable. The same goes for spamming members with unsolicited PMs.

There is already a wealth of information on this site. As stated in our rules: "Please use and take advantage of both the search function of the site and the resources section of the forum."

If - after doing so - members still have queries (or if they struggle to navigate this information and would like some support), of course it is okay to ask questions and seek clarification.

However, it is not okay to demand sources and information from other members, and/or behave in an abusive or insulting manner if they refuse. Please respect other people's boundaries. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.