• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
There's an old guy that lives in the basement room of our house. He's always yelling. Everyday I can hear him from the floorboards yelling about one thing or another. The sounds of his assholishness blast through every room in the house like they own the damn place.
I was going to do my laundry in the basement and I had to knock on the basement door to get entry. That ray of sunshine opened the door and immediately began yelling about one clump of dust on the ground. Keep in mind my roommate and I always clean the floors because the landlord told us to. Every now and then some dust builds up. The floor was for the most part clean. The way the old guy yelled you would've thought it was a pool of diarrhea, vomit and dumpster juice.
He berated me non-stop for 5 minutes with no interruptions. I think he took one breath and just let all of those words fly out at the highest volume possible. It was incredible breathe work. In another life he would have been an opera singer.
I had to calm him down by reassuring him that the dust can't hurt him and that I would clean it up as soon as I put the laundry load in the machine. He stormed away huffing and puffing.
I learned that assholes get angry like dogs bark. A dog always barks at everything. They can't help it, that's who they are. I would never get offended at a dog barking because I know that it is natural to them. It's the same with assholes. Assholes get mad at everything. They can't help it even if they wanted to. I don't take it personally because that's who they are. It has nothing to do with me, it's in their DNA to get upset over everything.
Anyways I just wanted to get that off my chest.

reclaimedbynature

reclaimedbynature

self-banned
Jan 24, 2024
I don't know.. I imagine more people tend to ignore them as well, it's when these ''assholes'' get violent or act on their will that it becomes a problem. I think you handled it very well though.

• Hugs
Reactions: thinkkank
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I just realized I'd never lived in a house with a basement or been in one!

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
I like how you make it sound like he's just kind of … there. Like he's a utility included in the rent. You know, "Two-car attached garage, washer and dryer, new furnace, asshole installed in basement."
this made it so funny to me, idk why.

assholes will be assholes indeed

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Weird. Ever ask the landlord why he lives there (assuming he pays rent) and why he's such an asshole? Most of these people I've met stop barking if you don't respond to them. But then I've had a few that do it to push someone around. Those have gotten a "you know I'd really like to stab you in the eyes and leave" in a calm voice and a smile then walk off. Others, old people, I've told them "You know being an old fuck, you might want to change your tune since your time is limited and you'll be meeting someone". I know belief in afterlife, etc but it's pretty funny if you say that with someone else around to laugh at the shithead. Does he just yell to yell? Does he have some condition that's not being treated?

I just realized I'd never lived in a house with a basement or been in one!

Always had a basement, even an old one in a house build 1848. My sister-in-law (wife's brother's wife) won't go in basements, she has a fear of them. If she gets snarky I just invite her to ours in that Norman Bates' kind of way.

thinkkank

thinkkank

Experienced
Oct 16, 2019
Weird. Ever ask the landlord why he lives there (assuming he pays rent) and why he's such an asshole? Most of these people I've met stop barking if you don't respond to them. But then I've had a few that do it to push someone around. Those have gotten a "you know I'd really like to stab you in the eyes and leave" in a calm voice and a smile then walk off. Others, old people, I've told them "You know being an old fuck, you might want to change your tune since your time is limited and you'll be meeting someone". I know belief in afterlife, etc but it's pretty funny if you say that with someone else around to laugh at the shithead. Does he just yell to yell? Does he have some condition that's not being treated?

Always had a basement, even an old one in a house build 1848. My sister-in-law (wife's brother's wife) won't go in basements, she has a fear of them. If she gets snarky I just invite her to ours in that Norman Bates' kind of way.

He was there long before I moved in. I think he's family friends with the landlord