_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
When i go trough my memories about the good old days, i see how much i enjoyed youtub, but nowdays its full of Clickbait, No real content, mainstream bullshit, hidden ads/product placements in videos, fake stuff and so on... the tab trending is the worst, i feel like yt is forcing me to re watch stuff forever, without seeing anything new, the term filter bubble might fit in here well xD

whats your opinin, do you remember that time when the good old 5 star rating system existed?

maybe im wrong but something has changed, or its just me being too depressed?

• Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, little helpers, pthnrdnojvsc and 10 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Yes totally I remember using it when it first began around 2005/6. There used to be people on it with real talent who could sing or who had other talents. There still is but the majority of these kids that are on there now have absolutely no talent and make endless click bait type videos. Logan Paul is the perfect example. I still like YouTube but I hate how they reward these types of people.

But there are people on it that I follow that make real engaging content you just have to search further to find them among the trash.. they often don't have as many views or subscribers..

• Love
Reactions: demuic, Elysium Searcher, mustard_glass and 3 others
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
Ever since YouTube came with the Premium version, it's became heaven on earth, no Commercials, can download videos, and YouTube music- the best app for music.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
E

eksded

Apr 3, 2020
The recommendations bar on the side is completely useless currently. I might be listening some martial industrial music and the recommendations bar is filled with pop-songs and clickbait videos.

• Love
Reactions: demuic and _Minsk
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
I remember when YouTube started out. It seemed like such a great idea.
But of course,now they want you to pay to use it,and ill bombard you with adverts until you do

• Love
Erdapfel

Erdapfel

I am a german potato
Feb 19, 2020
I don't like the censorship policy. Unfortunately there is no adequate alternative. I would be happy about a video platform without censorship.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Elysium Searcher, mustard_glass and 2 others
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
A channel I suggest enjoying on YouTube is called Daily Dose of Internet.

The guy that narrates it is real sweet, his videos are cool as fuck and he always adds a cute little animal blerb at the end.

Other than that, I watch weird shit like surgeries and crime scene clean-ups lol

• Love
Reactions: not4us, littlelungs, Soul and 2 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I don't like the censorship policy. Unfortunately there is no adequate alternative. I would be happy about a video platform without censorship.
me too, but this already is on nearly every popular website the case unfortunately:/

Reactions: demuic and Erdapfel
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Youtube like any other thing just get worse over time if we talk youtube specifically it is complete shit I miss the old days when it was just to watch fun videos and they didn´t censor anything they didn´t like and so many youtubers are trying to sponsor a product in the their videos.

Youtube used to be simpler and fun now it censors anything they don´t agree with the same with Facebook they have become too big and have a monopoly on their platforms so they can do what they want.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, demuic, littlelungs and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
No you're not wrong that it's changed for the worse over the years. I have vague memories about Youtube being about amateur videos, now it's sold out it's audience for the mainstream and ad revenue not to mention the censorship crap that can easily screw content creators on Youtube.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, littlelungs, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Doesn't it have an algorithm for suggesting videos? Personally I don't mind watching a lot of clickbait stuff, I watch stuff to just zone out anyway, but I do think censorship has gone overboard. A lot of channels I follow seem scared constantly to do something wrong.

Reactions: _Minsk, Green Destiny, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Youtube like any other thing just get worse over time if we talk youtube specifically it is complete shit I miss the old days when it was just to watch fun videos and they didn´t censor anything they didn´t like and so many youtubers are trying to sponsor a product in the their videos.

Youtube used to be simpler and fun now it censors anything they don´t agree with the same with Facebook they have become too big and have a monopoly on their platforms so they can do what they want.
I completely agree with these sentiments. I feel like these platforms have also forgotten the fact that their entire value is created by the users themselves. If they continue to push too much they're likely to alienate their user base and ultimately hang themselves.

• Love
Reactions: little helpers, demuic, _Minsk and 1 other person
coyguy

coyguy

Waiting for the right moment
May 1, 2020
It has become so corporate with all the ads, censorships and family friendly bs. I absolutely hate it, but its alternatives lack good content. So youtube is pretty much the only choice for me, unfortunately

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and littlelungs
Nuggest

Nuggest

Jan 3, 2020
YouTube has gone downhill for many years, and went down the shitter after ~2016 (no coincidence *cough*).
The censorship and social engineering are out of control, but that's only one reason.
Copyright abuse, ads everywhere, pushing low quality and worthless videos of braindead InFlUencErS and big media, everything has to be kid friendly, shit algorithm which will always recommend the same videos, etc.
And of course they get away with it when there are absolutely no alternatives to YouTube..

Here's some stuff I would recommend everyone doing:
- Get an Ad Blocker for your browser
- Get the Channel Blocker and De-Mainstream extensions for your Browser
- Use YouTube Vanced on your smartphone instead of the official YouTube app

• Love
Reactions: little helpers, _Minsk, demuic and 2 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
youtube has music that's hard to find elsewhere but it's buried

• Love
Reactions: little helpers, _Minsk and narval
All Things Must Pass

All Things Must Pass

Mage
Apr 14, 2021
Ever since YouTube came with the Premium version, it's became heaven on earth, no Commercials, can download videos, and YouTube music- the best app for music.
You can get all of those things for free.

Reactions: _Minsk and WrongPlaceWrongTime
settheory

settheory

Bundle of perceptions
Jul 29, 2021
That depends on what you watch, at least partially. If you watch Fortnite and clickbait or something like that, you get Fortnite and clickbait. If you watch something else, you get something else. And that's at least partially fine. i don't think there is anything wrong with Fortnite per se.
But comment sections are cancer usually.

Last edited:
ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
Youtube has soo much content. There is amazing stuff there. Just look up what you're passionate about, most niches are catered to. You have to seek it out, though. I recommend ignoring the trending section if that bores you.

Last edited:
Reactions: little helpers, _Minsk, patheticpartner and 2 others
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
YouTube is shit now. Everything I enjoyed watching (usually stuff going over sports or media) is now total garbage.

People just make the same videos over and over. Reviewing old children's movies, dunking on rich people, tea videos. It's all the same shit and the longer you watch it the more you realize its ALL THE SAME SHIT.

YouTube is ass.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and littlelungs
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I binge reaction channels. I don't know what it is.
I don't wanna watch anything new, so let's watch people watchin what I already watched. Makes sense. A bit of nostalgia coupled with me being not interested in anything.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and deflationary
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I think theres still some quality content. Its just gotten a lot larger and then the things that are going to get people to click are gonna trend, but if you look for good channels and make your own feed i think its still great.

Reactions: WaaaghEnjoyer and justsayin
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
It's been bad for the last few years and only gets worse.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and demuic
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
I've been watching cosmicskeptic's videos the past few days. Dude's a really nice guy in addition to being an excellent debater. Also got into some vegan youtuber thanks to his channel. I'm not even a vegan myself but there's something enjoyable about watching people give these awful defenses of why *they* are not vegan.

I binge reaction channels. I don't know what it is.
I don't wanna watch anything new, so let's watch people watchin what I already watched. Makes sense. A bit of nostalgia coupled with me being not interested in anything.
I had a phase of that last year. And now the idea of watching reaction videos suddenly seem totally unappealing to me. Weird.

Reactions: _Minsk and UseItOrLoseIt
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
LIKE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, HIT THAT NOTIFICATION BELL

• Yay!
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic, Elysium Searcher and 3 others
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
LIKE, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, HIT THAT NOTIFICATION BELL
POST IN THE COMMENTS BELOW WHICH PUBG GAMING MERCH YOU WANNA SEE IN MY SHOP NEXT-- LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION!

Reactions: _Minsk, Elysium Searcher and WaaaghEnjoyer
WaaaghEnjoyer

WaaaghEnjoyer

destroy the status quo
Aug 15, 2021
POST IN THE COMMENTS BELOW WHICH PUBG GAMING MERCH YOU WANNA SEE IN MY SHOP NEXT-- LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION!
I have noticed that 93% of my viewers are not yet subscribed so please SMASH that subscribe button. And now, a word from our sponsor RAIDABLE: Shadow Shave Club...

• Yay!
Reactions: _Minsk, Elysium Searcher, not4us and 1 other person
Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
I can't concieve of how it's watchable without an adblocker
Then there's the "influencer" thing----WTF?
Oh! And the reaction video:angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: _Minsk, demuic and Elysium Searcher
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
No. There's plenty of good content if you know where to look.

narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Mixed feelings here.

In one hand, there's a lot of shit on YT (as _minsk said) + censorship. Copyright says hellow to creators usually. If one is libertarian/ANCAP or just goes vs SJW, WOKE or just predominant gubernamental speech... You're fucked. Strikes, clausured channels, reports and so. Meanwhile, some true dangerous speechs are there. YouTube, are you ok? Free speech for all or for none, mate. I would like all kind of ideas there, even if are disturbing. But complicated right now.

In other hand... There's a lot of content there. YT have near all i wanto. I can stay there by hours (podcast style) without problems by ignoring shitty videos, suscribing to channels i like abd clicking in playlists of music i like. Sometimes i've to quit one, but not often.

PD: opera with Addblock is GOD

Reactions: _Minsk and deleted