notherenotnow

notherenotnow

Oct 7, 2023
All my life, I've always wanted to kill myself by a shotgun. Or a revolver. Or any pistol. But recently I've been seeing many videos on wdp of people who failed suicide attempts by shotguns (dunno how to make this shitty ass sentance grammaticly correct)... and i dont want to do it by gun anymore. Maybe overdosing really is the best option in the end. I've always been so scared of attempting suicide and failing. Ive tried to kill myself by taking a lot of acetate, but then i read that you're going to go blind after 12 grams, so I gave up. I'm so scared of trying to commit, failing, and then ending up disabled. I'd rather be locked up in a psychiatric facility for the rest of my life than be disabled (no hate towards disabled people, it's just a very deep fear of mine). I think that's the only reason why I haven't done it yet. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm writing this considering how scared I am of people. I'm sorry, again. Jesus what does this thread even have to do with the title? What the fuck am i writing

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: wellbetteroff, PaunPaun, leavingthesoultrap and 5 others
Brown-Jacket Revy

Brown-Jacket Revy

Waste
Jul 10, 2023
You're not the only one.

I have handguns at my disposal, but don't think I could bring myself to use them unless there was an extreme compulsion, like I was facing imprisonment or imminent slaughter by zombies or something.

• Love
Reactions: wellbetteroff, Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
I met a kid when I was in high school who tried to ctb with a shotgun but obviously failed. I never knew him before but according to everyone at that school it completely changed him. He went from being extremely popular and smart to struggling to complete basic task because the attempt gave him such severe Brain damage. Personally I'm still open to the idea of ctb with a pistol but I'm going to try other methods such as SN first.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect, hi-okbye and 3 others
LeperGnome

LeperGnome

Nov 14, 2023
I think a failed attempt with a shotgun is the exception. From what I've read the success rate is somewhere around 90%. If you fire through the roof of the mouth the damage should be so extensive that it is impossible to survive.

• Love
Reactions: wellbetteroff, worthIess, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In general a suicide attempt going wrong is certainly what would terrify me. I hate how existence doesn't come with an permanent offswitch to just instantly cease existing in peace, one should never have to worry about a suicide attempt potentially failing and it's cruel how they do.

• Love
Reactions: morgueprincess, myusername890, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
notori

notori

Nov 26, 2023
I understand completely. I have access to a gun and could shoot myself any minute, but the mess the leaves behind? The damage you can cause to yourself if you survive? How bad would it hurt for the few seconds before you pass? I've heard of people shooting themselves their faces get blown off… I don't want to traumatize whoever finds me with that. But at the same time I feel like it would be so easy to CTB that way…just pull the trigger. When I was in high school, someone in my class CTB by gun to the head and they didn't die initially, they suffered in the hospital until they did. That's what terrifies me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and notherenotnow
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
The people who survived who used shotguns are an extremely small percentage and were probably found immediately after and helped. If I go somewhere remote enough I'm quite sure if the the initial blast didn't kill me loss of blood would. I've known two guys who died via gunshot, one with a pistol and another with a rifle.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LeperGnome, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yeah, I'm also too scared to try suicide by gun. I remember finding a video about a young woman who tried to killed herself using a shotgun and ended up blowing her face off. As a result, she had to get a face transplant. While the success rate is high, if you do fail the consequences are extreme. I genuinely have a knack at messing up shit so I don't feel comfortable with using that method.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: starrchaoz, Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and 2 others
D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
Barrel in the mouth, aiming at the brain stem is the way to go. But I'm not scared of failing, rather I am a little worried about getting caught with a gun - it's not easy to get your hands on one where I'm from - or the aftermath. Who's going to clean up the mess? Since I'd be dead I won't care, but I don't want to put someone in that situation.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, feelin’ready, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
I also saw that stuff and decided that I don't wanna use a shotgun, but I don't know, I still find gun suicide to be the best method for me, I like guns and other methods are rather difficult for me to do. I would with almost any gun except shotguns and .22/simillar caliber firearms or guns that are too old.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and notherenotnow
Rher

Rher

Nov 22, 2023
Every method feels so uncertain, I am not sure anymore. It seems to be the most painless method. I just don't know which method to try anymore and a lot of the methods aren't even accessible to me. Regardless, I wish the best of luck to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: vanillamilk, Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Shotguns seems most foolproof. Hard to miss with that one

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, Praestat_Mori, LeperGnome and 2 others
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
Not at all. I've had a cocked gun in my mouth multiple times and couldn't fight off the fear enough to pull the trigger. I think I'm more afraid of being disfigured than being disabled. In any case failure isn't something I'd want to consider.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LeperGnome, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
I also saw that stuff and decided that I don't wanna use a shotgun, but I don't know, I still find gun suicide to be the best method for me, I like guns and other methods are rather difficult for me to do. I would with almost any gun except shotguns and .22/simillar caliber firearms or guns that are too old.
why not a shotgun? I feel like I've read they're the most effective

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect and 1 other person
my_sundown

my_sundown

My Sundown.
Jan 17, 2023
Scared. But has become my choice method. No SG for me - so messy :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lessthanperfect, notherenotnow and 1 other person
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i understand how much fear your in, but shotgun is basically the most reliable method. if your in secluded area that's even better. but even if you get immediate medical attention.. shotguns blow your freaking head off... that's so instant you won't even notice.
i wish you much luck <3

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, Praestat_Mori, LeperGnome and 2 others
lostinmythoughts

lostinmythoughts

Student
Nov 30, 2023
Unless you have issue holding a gun, aiming to the head or through the mouth is fatal never heard they failed. Maybe a drunk or high addict with shaky hands can miss but gunshot have the most successful rate. I'm getting a rifle to end it all..

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, hi-okbye, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
Arachno

Arachno

oh no :(
Apr 10, 2023
why not a shotgun? I feel like I've read they're the most effective
They mess your head up too much tbh, even though intermediate caliber rifles can also make a mess, I'm just more drawn to handguns and rifles when it comes to suicide.

• Love
Reactions: lostinmythoughts, foxgirl, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
L

lessthanperfect

Student
Mar 30, 2023
It's my top method, so not really, but the damage left behind if you fail is a little scary. If there was a method that would either kill you or leave you with no permanent effects, I'd choose it in a heartbeat.

• Love
Reactions: lostinmythoughts, Praestat_Mori and notherenotnow
LouLouLouLou

LouLouLouLou

Dec 4, 2023
ive thought about that before, but its scary for me about what the aftermath would be like and what my family would see, and I don't want that for them

• Hugs
aubrey!

aubrey!

internet angel
Mar 11, 2023
i'm scared of everything. manage to be worthless and useless.

• Hugs
Reactions: worthIess, lostinmythoughts, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I could never kms with a gun, pperhaps it's really quick and a high chance to be dead but it's too cruel. I really prefer OD methods if I had access to the needed meds or gas (CO).

• Love
Reactions: lostinmythoughts and notherenotnow
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
If I had a handgun at my disposal i'd go to the roof, shoot myself, and let myself fall. Right now I know that it would be easy for me to do that.

• Hugs
Reactions: lostinmythoughts, hi-okbye, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
The shotgun survivors have aimed it too vertical and blown their face off.

If you aim it more towards the back of your mouth there would be no surviving it.

I'd rather use a shotgun than an handgun personally.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, lostinmythoughts, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Daughter of Sorrow

Daughter of Sorrow

Nov 1, 2023
When I found this site, I was rather puzzled by the extreme, esoteric, and exotic ways that people discussed to kill themselves. Now, I understand that there are a lot of those not in the US may not have easy access to a firearm, but there were so few threads discussing CTBing with a fiream it left me puzzled. I don't think it ever occurred to me that people would be afraid of the method.

• Love
dangero

dangero

May 1, 2023
As with sn or hanging, mistakes can be made.

Some people even survive a double gunshot to the head, and quickly recover.

Code:
"Patient who successfully recovered after two gunshots
to the head. He underwent aggressive debridement and
medical prophylaxis against seizures and infections.
Given the severity of his injuries, he had a remarkable
outcome and returned to his family and activities of daily
living following a short hospital course."
https://cnjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s41016-020-00227-9

Code:
The Brady organization reports that every year,
117,345 people are shot in the United States.
Among those 24,569 die from gun suicide,
and 3,554 survive an attempted gun suicide.
https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics

Last edited:
  • Love
HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
All my life, I've always wanted to kill myself by a shotgun. Or a revolver. Or any pistol. But recently I've been seeing many videos on wdp of people who failed suicide attempts by shotguns (dunno how to make this shitty ass sentance grammaticly correct)... and i dont want to do it by gun anymore. Maybe overdosing really is the best option in the end. I've always been so scared of attempting suicide and failing. Ive tried to kill myself by taking a lot of acetate, but then i read that you're going to go blind after 12 grams, so I gave up. I'm so scared of trying to commit, failing, and then ending up disabled. I'd rather be locked up in a psychiatric facility for the rest of my life than be disabled (no hate towards disabled people, it's just a very deep fear of mine). I think that's the only reason why I haven't done it yet. I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm writing this considering how scared I am of people. I'm sorry, again. Jesus what does this thread even have to do with the title? What the fuck am i writing
I am a disabled person. And there is nothing worse than unending pain. People don't tell u there's the pain u suffer and the pain when everyone leaves because u no longer have anything to offer them. Being in pain alone is a special hell. I understand your fear. I live it. I would give anything for a gun. Anything.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, lostinmythoughts, nothinggoldcanstay and 2 others
foxgirl

foxgirl

drifter
Nov 15, 2023
They mess your head up too much tbh, even though intermediate caliber rifles can also make a mess, I'm just more drawn to handguns and rifles when it comes to suicide.
that's fair.. I would definitely prefer my death look less violent/messy but don't know if I have many other options

• Love
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
You're not the only one.

I have handguns at my disposal, but don't think I could bring myself to use them unless there was an extreme compulsion, like I was facing imprisonment or imminent slaughter by zombies or something.
You gotta hook your arm upwards and face above the ear. Should be instant death. Forget through the mouth.

• Love
Reactions: notherenotnow
G

girl2910

Jan 2, 2024
If I could get a gun I wouldn't do it anyway because I'm too scared of it

• Hugs
Reactions: notherenotnow