Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
So I usually like dark humor, but this seems really messed up? This girl is making a joke about her sister committing suicide and dancing at her grave.

Apparently it's a trend right now on social media. Like imagine ctb'ing and your family member is using your death for TikTok likes?

I make jokes about my depression and suicidal thoughts a lot to help cope, but it feels weird to see people on these apps poke fun at it like this.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: MellowAvenue, coseymo, OpheliasFlowers and 12 others
dtjb

dtjb

The Obsolete
Apr 27, 2022
Sickening. People will do anything for some likes and attention these days.

Reactions: Message In A Bottle, Thisisme373, coseymo and 10 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
YES, it is VERY messed up period. My question to the gal dancing on her sisters is 1st) why? and 2nd) is to be very careful as what goes around comes around.

At 66 plus years around this rock, I have seen so, so many times where someone does whatever and it 100% comes back to bite. Might not be for a long time, but somehow it always balances out.

I think we all can say that someone through life has done something wrong, bad etc. to a person, but for me I have learned to walk away and later I have truly seen the consequences of a person's actions towards me, usually so regrettable.

The lady so take stock in herself and love everyone and never hate anyone ever.

Walter

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: coseymo, OpheliasFlowers, ColorlessTrees and 6 others
Summer Child

Summer Child

-cognitive dissonance personified-
Oct 15, 2022
I mean if it helps you deal, that's fine I guess, IF her sister would have been the sort of person to find it amusing. But, when you start doing it as part of a trend or for clout, that's when it gets messed up. It's the difference between starving yourself to help cope, and trying some "ana diet challenge! Can YOU live a week on just 200 calories??" thing and posting about it on social media.

When you start doing it as part of a trend, it becomes less about the relationship between you and the deceased, and more about just YOU.

Last edited:
Reactions: willshe777, achromatic, earshurt and 4 others
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
It IS messed up. and there are so many people like that on Twitter. I've heard and seen worse though.

Reactions: makethepainstop
CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
This actuall real ity human see anything make entertain fun make like put content, there no limit how cruelty human do. See fiction use die people hype see cruel enterain life Samy concept dir pretend cry later do same. This mess human reproduce die all entertainmen, not understand suffering

• Hugs
Reactions: avoid_slow_death, OpheliasFlowers, WonderingSoul and 7 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, this is fucked. Years from now she's going to be mortified that she ever did this, like nuclear cringe levels, or she's a psycho and won't care.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake, coseymo, OpheliasFlowers and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i can see how it wouldnt be offensive. maybe the other sibling was a dancer and it was a way to remember them. HOWEVER "sister that can handle mental health" and "one that cant" was very offensive. to start with its not fair to say one can handle it and the other cant, just because they were sisters doesnt mean the other didnt have more of a struggle. and just in general....youre basically rubbing the dead persons nose in the dirt. the prolifers was to actually stop something that should be stopped it should be f'en ticktok (and other platforms) for shit like this. anyone thats struggling would find that offensive and would probably push them closer to suicide because it blatantly shows that no one, not even family gives a fuck.
unless its for memorial reasons dancing on someones grave should be saved for enemies, not family. even if thats not actually family and just a random grave, its disrespectful as fuck.
(i mean no disrespect by this next part although it may come off as) people are concerned about respecting those that are trans/gay, not white, religion, ect. we need a big parade for them and everything, but fuck the suicidal/depressed. you know, where the majority of the people with these "problems" end up. people dont legitimately have respect for anything. oh youre alive and gay YAY YOU! youre dead and depressed, im gonna dance on your grave. (i really dont mean it offensively although i do have my own opinions on it. it just probably comes off wrong because im including them in the mental health part because like i said, thats where most seem to end up)

• Love
Reactions: coseymo, makethepainstop and whywere
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
Without know her or her sibling that ctb, I definitely think it's overreacting.

Reactions: Un-
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
Being related to this dancing fool and whoever raised her is probably at least part of the reason why she committed suicide. Toxic, and not even funny.

Reactions: coseymo, OpheliasFlowers, Nolan96 and 4 others
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I don't know who's more weird, the girl dancing on her sister's grave for likes, the people doing mental gymnastics to defend her, or the people who find it funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon, rationaltake, coseymo and 7 others
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Oh but some of these idiots do laugh about people suiciding. But is it possible the sister knew her sister was unhappy and was glad she is now free? But humanity seems never to disappoint the observer!

Reactions: Shivali
Summer Child

Summer Child

-cognitive dissonance personified-
Oct 15, 2022
HOWEVER "sister that can handle mental health" and "one that cant" was very offensive.

Okay wow she said that? I didn't actually watch it, but, wow. Just watched it.

All I have to say is, 😟 <this emoji looks more disgusted on my phone

Reactions: Life_and_Death
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Some people are mean enough to be glad another person suffered and died- that's what this looks like.

Reactions: coseymo and OpheliasFlowers
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I guess it depends on your tolerances. Like, I've made, laughed at, and was the butt of jokes worse than this. So I legitimately find it funny.

That's just my opinion though. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I don't think there's a right or wrong here.

But I think we can all say that using dead relatives for Internet points or publicity is fucked up though.

Reactions: actual_fox and Shivali
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
I normally like the more offensive jokes too. The ones that you can't even tell to most people nowadays because, yeah.

Saw what you wrote and was like "eh, how bad could it be?" But this…it seems pretty tasteless IMO. I don't think you're being too sensitive about it. Imagine if the situation was a bit different. "Someone who can handle cancer/MS/Parkinson's (whatever) vs someone who couldn't."

People shouldn't be shamed or made fun of because something like that is too much to bear. :|

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
So I usually like dark humor, but this seems really messed up? This girl is making a joke about her sister committing suicide and dancing at her grave.

Apparently it's a trend right now on social media. Like imagine ctb'ing and your family member is using your death for TikTok likes?

I make jokes about my depression and suicidal thoughts a lot to help cope, but it feels weird to see people on these apps poke fun at it like this.

This is horrific. I wish the video ended with a skeleton hand popping up from the ground to pull her down there too.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Un-, Suicidebydeath and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think there's this trend towards flippancy as we devolve further and further as a species. And TikTok in general is just eyebleach. It's like of course this is horrible, but it doesn't even surprise me. Life is becoming very cheap.

Reactions: coseymo, OpheliasFlowers, Hirokami and 5 others
ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
I'm desensitized enough that this doesn't shock nor offend me, but it's still fucked.

It's not her place at all. It's one thing to joke about your own circumstances and another to use your sibling's suicide for clout. Even if it was "just" an inside joke, she wouldn't have posted it online.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon and Suicidebydeath
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think that some people get so desperate for attention that they end up being disrespectful towards other people in order to receive it. It's sad how people act that way, things like that remind me of everything wrong with this world. Social media sites often bring out the worst in people, they sound incredibly toxic.

• Love
Reactions: Nolan96 and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I like dark humor. This didn't make me laugh at all. Seems messed up.

Reactions: coseymo, OpheliasFlowers, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
actual_fox

actual_fox

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2022
Meanwhile other sister flexes on her suffering ass so hard right now.

I am sorry If It might sound insensitive but this can only hurt us, the sister which is dead now is most probably not offended and in better condition (not suffering in oblivion if you believe in that, or in heaven If you believe in that).

Also we are talking about person who is mentally ill so maybe she is desensitized also, and does not understand how this could offend anybody.

Reactions: Un- and ColorlessTrees
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

For me she is a despicable human being. Someone who is just pathetic and a disgusting idiot. She should feel deeply ashamed about making fun of of her suicide. Her family should be ashamed of her. For me her action is deeply immoral.
I think she would deserve to feel a similar pain her sister had. Though I don't want her death rather that she gets a glimpse of what it means to suffer existentially.

Most people who commented on Twitter were garbage idiots too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Someone123 and 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
She is a bigger stakeholder than any of us so I just find it sad tbh. Also the music is annoying. TikTok is garbage.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
It is messed up. Not sure if the funny part of this joke is supposed to be the fact she is claiming to handle her mental health very well while filming a happy little dance on her sister's grave for TikTok, if the irony is intentional then it is super dark messed up humor, if it's not it is messed up, sad and I hope someone gets her help.
But as for me, once I'm dead my family can taxidermize my corpse and make it into a meme character for their social media accounts for all I care. I'll be dead and not be upset, and honestly if I could look into a crystal ball and see people making jokes about my CTB instead of being sad or disturbed, I'd be relieved. Yes, it is disrespectful...but on the other hand, dead don't care, they don't get upset and offended, this girl cannot hurt her dead sister's feelings by doing this - because nothing can anymore. It is, however, a colossal dick move towards any surviving family members, friends and anyone else who might be grieving her sister.
I wonder what kind of A+ parenting could raise one child that killed herself, and another that does this.

Reactions: coseymo
E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
I'm desensitized to stuff like this, because I've spent the last 2 decades being terminally online. To me, the most offensive thing about this is how unfunny it is.

Still, I have to recognize this girl was being objectively tasteless when she made this video.

Venom85

Venom85

SN arrived!
Oct 19, 2022
This is at the end of the line to be called "dark humour", for me is just very sad and mess up.

H

HoneyandGlass

Student
Jun 22, 2022
This isn't dark humour. This is just dark. No humour here.

Reactions: Someone123
D

darkcirclesunder

Sep 8, 2022
Thats what happens when you have 200+ bodies under your belt and endless amounts of friends and partying.