• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

user1912012

Mar 9, 2023
Idk yet, but this is my suspicion before I decide if I should see a psychologist.
Using this site for references, I have these aspects of autism. I am also 18yo if that helps https://www.aspriscs.co.uk/news-blogs/signs-and-symptoms-of-autism-in-teenagers/:

-Problems forming friendships
-Finding it easier to form friendships online
-Poor eye contact (requires immense focus to achieve)
-Expressing that they don't fit in
-Rigid thinking (I tend to understand people easily, but when I don't I get confused and angry)
-Sensory overload (I find loud noises at school annoying, and I can't think properly)
-Hate crowds (more loud noises)
-Don't like being touched
-Bad organization
-Low self esteem
-Difficulty expressing emotions (this started when I was 12 during puberty)
-Excessive levels of anxiety for the occasion (occasionally)

Am I autistic or extremely introverted? I've been labelled as extremely introverted since I was a newborn

Last edited:
thereisnomeaning

thereisnomeaning

To live here is my nightmare
Mar 15, 2023
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you're suspecting, not self diagnosing
You don't self diagnose, you relate to something, have your symptoms but you go to the doctor and he'll say so because he the one who studied for that

Reactions: user1912012
Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
my #1 way to confirm if ur autistic (mostly, but not fully, a joke): has more than one person assumed you were austistic?

...like, seriously, a lot of neurotypical people will notice something's "wrong" with a person within like 0.1 seconds of meeting them. i had my social studies teacher in yr 9 (age 13) assume when i asked to bring my sketchbook in with me that it was my (autistic) comfort item 😭 and apparently a few people in intermediate asked my sibling if i was autistic. i haven't been (fully, i have a highschool reccomendation that i'm "mostly likely" autistic) diagnosed, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and multiple people have asked you if that's a duck...

U

user1912012

Mar 9, 2023
my #1 way to confirm if ur autistic (mostly, but not fully, a joke): has more than one person assumed you were austistic?

...like, seriously, a lot of neurotypical people will notice something's "wrong" with a person within like 0.1 seconds of meeting them. i had my social studies teacher in yr 9 (age 13) assume when i asked to bring my sketchbook in with me that it was my (autistic) comfort item 😭 and apparently a few people in intermediate asked my sibling if i was autistic. i haven't been (fully, i have a highschool reccomendation that i'm "mostly likely" autistic) diagnosed, but if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and multiple people have asked you if that's a duck...
The issue with that is that autism is a spectrum, and it even goes unnoticed even through adulthood.