Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I nearly wrote this on someones lengthy thread where the answer would have been a resounding yes

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters, a_strange_day and puppy9
TheLastHumanRight

TheLastHumanRight

No one deserves to suffer
Feb 11, 2020
Since it seems you like it short.
No.

:smiling:

Reactions: LivideLamb, Cevapcici and Mr2005
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
Not at all. Depression among other things can make you not want to do anything.

Reactions: LivideLamb, mesohappy, a.n.kirillov and 2 others
Thereisnothing

Thereisnothing

Enlightened
Jan 4, 2020
I have been a writer and voracious reader all my life..............now find it very hard to do both, dont feel terrible about. Its difficult yes but you aren't alone with this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, LivideLamb, a.n.kirillov and 4 others
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
No and you aren't alone. It took me a lot of time and energy to write this...;)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MysticPerception, Brick In The Wall, Cevapcici and 3 others
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019

Reactions: NoDream, Mr2005 and a_strange_day
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
Lol

• Love
Reactions: NoDream and jgm63
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
I nearly wrote this on someones lengthy thread where the answer would have been a resounding yes
No ! it often happens after trauma, depression, or simply being struck by life. I suffer from the same problem, I simply don't have the energy to re-transcript some of the complex thoughts I have,nor can I concentrate on a very long text /complex task. Has nothing to do with being a terrible person.

Reactions: Mr2005
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Brevity = one of the best qualities in life and in this forum

Reactions: Cevapcici and GinaIsReady
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
No I lose my vocabulary when I'm depressed (which has plagued me for several months in a row now). I also used to pride myself on my writing abilities.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici and Mr2005
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
I can't even watch tv anymore. I have no patience.

Reactions: Mr2005
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
No I lose my vocabulary when I'm depressed (which has plagued me for several months in a row now). I also used to pride myself on my writing abilities.

Your writing is beautiful. You can still take pride in it.

I feel like that sometimes. Now I get it why they call it cut to the chase...

Reactions: Mr2005 and Jean4
Chaoticbpd

Chaoticbpd

Feb 11, 2020
I have always been a writer it's something my father had always wanted me to do as a profession but I can't make sense of the clusterf*ck in my head long enough to write more than a sentence these days. I always thought I'd write lengthy letters to the people I loved upon my departure but the truth is I simple can't be bothered is that bad?

Reactions: a.n.kirillov and Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
No ! it often happens after trauma, depression, or simply being struck by life. I suffer from the same problem, I simply don't have the energy to re-transcript some of the complex thoughts I have,nor can I concentrate on a very long text /complex task. Has nothing to do with being a terrible person.
It's true though isn't it that had I wrote that on there sympathy wouldn't have been with me. Not my thread so my feelings would have meant shit. It's fickle
I'm triggered by everything. I wonder how many people have killed themselves during the adverts
Your writing is beautiful. You can still take pride in it.

I feel like that sometimes. Now I get it why they call it cut to the chase...
Saw the most literal use of that saying ever earlier today

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cevapcici
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
No, I have days on this forum for example where I will type and write anything and any where (long as its sort of relevant) and Ill talk for hours, but day's like today, yesterday, I have no strength or energy, this crosses over into real life too,
Day's like these are day's that I really cannot be bothered, I don't believe there is anything wrong to this or any shame to it

• Hugs
Reactions: Largeletters, Mr2005 and Cevapcici
TheLastSacrifice

TheLastSacrifice

Student
Feb 14, 2020
That's how I feel.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005 and Cevapcici
C

Cevapcici

Student
Dec 30, 2018
It's true though isn't it that had I wrote that on there sympathy wouldn't have been with me. Not my thread so my feelings would have meant shit. It's fickle

I'm sorry you feel that way. You'll be met with sympathy and apathy everywhere, both online and irl. I don't think your feelings mean shit mr.2005 , I sense you didn't deserve what has brought you to this state of mind. PM anytime you want to talk about your feelings.

Reactions: a.n.kirillov, Mr2005 and Epsilon0
A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
I have a PhD. I could several books a week. When I lost my career ten years ago, I just stare at a page. It was too hard to read with all the depression.

• Aww..
Reactions: Epsilon0
O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
I could several books a week.

I've been telling myself for months to start reading again. I go through phases and it's been too long off for the reasons you said. I used to read several hours a day and it was calming and helped. I just keep stalling. I hate it and every day say "tonight" and then "tonight" passes. Nobody is a terrible person for what they suffer though...terrible people are the ones who consistently take their own ego, fear, suffering out on other life.

• Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
Not at all, I find myself not wanting to read long paragraphs or books if I'm not vaguely interested. I just can't make myself, usually.