• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I constantly have some sort of anxiety. I can't do anything without feeling some sort of anxiety about it. It's often guilt.

I'd much rather not deal with life than have to deal with this constant anxiety of living. I hate thinking about my future. The thought of growing older and progressing in life scares me more than anything. I don't want to exist. I wish I wasn't too afraid to die.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I also have lots of dread for what lies ahead. In my case I only wish for eternal nothingness, being conscious and aware in this undesirable existence just causes me to suffer. I really wish there's the option to just fall into an eternal sleep, it'd prevent so much unnecessary suffering.

L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
I understand where you're coming from. The future is terrifying and my anxiety has gotten so bad to the point I can't even perform basic functions like going to the shops without having a panic attack.

Gelos82

Gelos82

Mar 15, 2024
I totally get what you're feeling. I have constant anxiety too even if I'm not doing anything, which is most of the time. When I do have to do something even if it's something trivial the anxiety is overwhelming. It's a horrible feeling and it stops me from doing things all the time. Interacting with people is a nightmare and gives me the worst anxiety I even struggle with phone calls.

AllMyDreams

AllMyDreams

Experienced
Dec 12, 2021
I constantly have some sort of anxiety. I can't do anything without feeling some sort of anxiety about it. It's often guilt.

I'd much rather not deal with life than have to deal with this constant anxiety of living. I hate thinking about my future. The thought of growing older and progressing in life scares me more than anything. I don't want to exist. I wish I wasn't too afraid to die.
What are you afraid will happen?

I over the course of my life have worried that:
  • People will look down on me/think I'm a failure
    • What helped was realizing that what I was really scared of was lying. If I said I was doing amazing and someone found out I wasn't. But if I was generally honest about where I was and things I wanted to accomplish, it was a lot easier to talk to my family/friends. If someone won't accept you period because you aren't of a certain standard then they themselves have problems they need to sort out.
  • I will inadvertently hurt someone or myself
    • This is harder and I always try to think and plan things out as much as possible, but the worst way you can hurt yourself is to just do nothing. The absolute worst. At least if you do things you will have a chance of not hurting yourself, and if you hurt others/yourself by accident, news flash, it happens every day to millions. You will have opportunities to make it right and forgive yourself.

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I find anxiety pretty unbearable too. I'm sorry you're struggling with it. I mostly get an impending sense of doom and my whole body is feels it. I'm trying some skills from DBT to help me manage it, put it doesn't always help and if it does, it's always temporary.

Againstthewind

Againstthewind

Global Respondent Adjudicator
Jul 10, 2022
Is your anxiety more a mental thing or a physical thing?

If it is a physical thing, perhaps medication like propanolol can help?

If it is a mental thing, perhaps write down how you feel, what those symptoms are and if it links to any particular event. If it's something like going outside, for example, and you dread going out because you are worried about people looking at you or what they think of you. Think about the idea of going outside, it's not about them, it's about you and what the particular healthy thing you are doing. If it is something as simple as walking, it may make you increase your overall mood, so the negative turns into a positive because of how it makes you feel better. Or as Tupac Shakur would say fuck em!

There are resources in the recovery sub forum that may be able to help you, although advice from Tupac Shakur is not in there unfortunately.

Reactions: SmallKoy
SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
Is your anxiety more a mental thing or a physical thing?

If it is a physical thing, perhaps medication like propanolol can help?

If it is a mental thing, perhaps write down how you feel, what those symptoms are and if it links to any particular event. If it's something like going outside, for example, and you dread going out because you are worried about people looking at you or what they think of you. Think about the idea of going outside, it's not about them, it's about you and what the particular healthy thing you are doing. If it is something as simple as walking, it may make you increase your overall mood, so the negative turns into a positive because of how it makes you feel better. Or as Tupac Shakur would say fuck em!

There are resources in the recovery sub forum that may be able to help you, although advice from Tupac Shakur is not in there unfortunately.
I appreciate your advice. It's both mental and physical. Lately, mostly mental. But I tend to get anxiety stomach aches. A lot of the time when I feel very anxious I come here and vent. It helps.

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
My ex had chronic anxiety and CBT helped her.
Cognitive behavioural therapy and not Catching the bus, you idiots.
Her only mistake? Taking CBT from me because she was uncomfortable opening up to therapists. And while she improved leaps and bounds over an 18-month period, our relationship declined and eventually came to an end.
Peace.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmallKoy