Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

โ€œYe shall be as gods..๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿโ€
Jun 22, 2021
I actually happened to think there is a possibility that 1 year ago I died from drug overdose and I woke up in an alternate time line where I survived the overdose but died in the other. I know it sounds crazy but before I passed out from the drug overdose I had a novel SI strong feeling that im going to die at that moment that almost resembled a game over screen from a horror videogame and then i fainted but later I woke up. I got clean since and my life has turned around but I cant shake the possibility that I may have died in my older time line a year ago like it felt i was and then I am living in a purgatory now where I am given a chance to work on myself. Sometimes i dismiss that possibility but then I read on a subreddit about some similar concept i forgot whats it called exactly quantum something. People were talking about the idea that consciousness can never be annihilated and so when we hear people died because of accidents and such they only died to us in our timeline but to them their consciousness has travelled into another timeline universe where they survive. Although i realize the unlikelihood and absurdity of the idea but i cant help sometimes to wonder if thats actually what happened to me because again after I od'ed i was certain that i will die.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: WoAiGou, rationaltake, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 6 others
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Quantum physics is the Wild West. A blank canvas upon which to paint a mirage of possibilities.

Scientifically speaking I believe consciousness is defined as the myriad of chemical reactions that take place in the brain, but they really don't know exactly how it works, leaving room to involve anything from deities to quantum physics and souls as the manifestation of our consciousness. Some wild theorizing ahead, be warned.

You wouldn't be the first person that said they felt differently after taking drugs, though usually it involves psychedelics (ego death) and it's hard to overdose on those. I would guess anyone who actually dies, also undergoes ego death so there is something they have in common there.
However I wouldn't consider it out of the realm of possibilities that the reason one would feel differently is because some essential part of them switched bodies, possibly in time or dimension, both elements you wouldn't be able to traverse in your physical form (except for time in a limited fashion, forward).
You can call that essence soul or consciousness.

However as memories are stored in your brain, you would essentially inherit the memories of your new body making it seem as if you have lived that life where in reality you only recently came to occupy it. The reason people would say they feel differently would then have to do with the disconnect they feel from the sudden change, which would dissipate over time.

Just a thought.

Reactions: rationaltake, _Minsk and Snake of Eden
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
There is a very high chance that if the multiverse was real then at least a few versions of myself are actually living very comfortably and successfully. I've wasted so many opportunities sometimes on purpose and sometimes unintentionally but many events in my life were definite coin flips as to how they could have gone and in this universe I managed to roll badly on most of them so I could see these events going differently in other universes or timelines.

Even if this is true though, those alternate versions of me are likely just as awful as me if not worse. Even the ones who already killed themselves were still ultimately only doing this sacrifice because it's the only good thing their miserable existence is capable of doing for their worlds. If I could I would make it my mission to reduce overall suffering across the multiverse just by murdering every alternate version of myself including myself when I'm done.

Perhaps a less lazier version of me would be able to do the right thing and rid the entire multiverse of every version of me because none of them are likely to be good people, I cannot possibly fathom any version of myself who isn't only out for selfish gain and fake altruism even if they did make something of their lives it would only be to further their own egos and not out of genuine kindness.

When it comes to alternate timelines I've also mentioned before that I've theorized that certain events which led to me remaining a loser incel were actually instigated by my future children who time traveled to the past just to erase their existence by ensuring that I'm never able to meet their mother so they can never be born. If this is true, I'm still proud of them because I was probably a very shitty parent to them so this is what I deserve. The parent version of me is probably all the worst traits of both my mom and dad combined so I must have made their life a living hell.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, rationaltake, _Minsk and 3 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
However as memories are stored in your brain, you would essentially inherit the memories of your new body making it seem as if you have lived that life where in reality you only recently came to occupy it. The reason people would say they feel differently would then have to do with the disconnect they feel from the sudden change, which would dissipate over time.
Exactly this is how I felt a disconnect that dissipated as time went by. The crazy thing is I remember clearly that when I woke up after overdosing I was really shocked that I was alive. I fainted many times before in my life but this time it was much more different. Before I fainted my visual field had like widened and i could see something like tearing around the frame of my vision with a sudden and strong assertion in my mind as if a voice was telling me there is no going back you will die! It is as dramatic as you can see in some horror video games screen where it says you died or game over thats how it felt.

Reactions: rationaltake and Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
Exactly this is how I felt a disconnect that dissipated as time went by. The crazy thing is I remember clearly that when I woke up after overdosing I was really shocked that I was alive. I fainted many times before in my life but this time it was much more different. Before I fainted my visual field had like widened and i could see something like tearing around the frame of my vision with a sudden and strong assertion in my mind as if a voice was telling me there is no going back you will die! It is as dramatic as you can see in some horror video games screen where it says you died or game over thats how it felt.
Talking about video games, there is still the simulation hypothesis.

If there is a chance that technology might evolve to a point in which simulations can be made that look and feel completely real it would also be very likely that those simulations actually would be made and that we are actually living in one simulating a more primitive time. Quantum physics (the fact that the smallest particles don't behave according to conventional laws of physics and alter their behaviour based on whether or not they are being observed) could be explained as a lack in computing power to run the simulation to that kind of detail.

Who says you can't have a "You Died" screen just to reload an autosave. Not an idea I'm thrilled about though.

Reactions: Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Talking about video games, there is still the simulation hypothesis.
The other thing that I remember after waking up from fainting that i was sick for few days and couldnt sleep. I remember staring at my room cieling and wall and everything had fluorescent lines in it like a rudimentary 3rd design. It was very absurd. As i got better i stopped seeing that

• Hugs
Reactions: Somber
H

Heartattackpending

Jan 3, 2022
I believe strongly due to personal experience that life is a simulation of some sort. In which case almost anything is possible. Alternate time lines? Sure. I still remember a day when I was driving and turned onto the highway and didn't see a truck coming. My first thought was omg I really fucked up. But the truck missed me somehow. Still don't know how. I have since considered, much like you, that the truck did actually hit me, wiped me out and I was immediately brought back to life little the wiser. And I do think it is very likely that there is no true escape. The Great Computer or whatever it is, can simply bring us back, something like Groundhog's Day. We don't even really have control of our own suicide. Bill Maher says you can tell God I quit by offing yourself. I have serious doubts about that.

Reactions: rationaltake and Snake of Eden
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
I believe strongly due to personal experience that life is a simulation of some sort. In which case almost anything is possible. Alternate time lines? Sure. I still remember a day when I was driving and turned onto the highway and didn't see a truck coming. My first thought was omg I really fucked up. But the truck missed me somehow. Still don't know how. I have since considered, much like you, that the truck did actually hit me, wiped me out and I was immediately brought back to life little the wiser. And I do think it is very likely that there is no true escape. The Great Computer or whatever it is, can simply bring us back, something like Groundhog's Day. We don't even really have control of our own suicide. Bill Maher says you can tell God I quit by offing yourself. I have serious doubts about that.
I bit the interplay between consciousness and possibilities of alternate timelines/multiverses is as paradoxical and absurd just the way quantum physics is. Aside from that some of my religious text alludes to similar concepts. There is a verse in the Quran that always puzzles me it says "The worldly life is but a game and a distraction and the late life is the real deal" this sounds like saying that the world is like a video game in the sense that it is simulation/not real. it could just be my silly proclavity to attempt and try and make sense of the world and my religion place in it.

Reactions: rationaltake
steviewonder

steviewonder

Sexually Challenged
Nov 9, 2020
I genuinely can't imagine me dying. I only experience this universe through conscious experience. I just can't imagine that 'ending'. Although I have no memory of before I was born of course, I have no idea what it's like to actually die and go away forever

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
You serious?
Yes I am serious. People lacked evidence that the earth revolves around the sun for thousands of years, that made it a bullshit thing to think like that to people at that time. If that shows anything at all is that Stringent thinking is the nemesis to advancement

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Yes I am serious. People lacked evidence that the earth revolves around the sun for thousands of years, that made it a bullshit thinf to think like that to people at that time.
And what changed their minds? Could it have been... actual evidence?

steviewonder

steviewonder

Sexually Challenged
Nov 9, 2020
A question I have is when we die, do we come back? What happens in 10^5 years from now? Will I see light as I come out of my mother's womb to continue another existence? I can't imagine just dying and not coming back FOREVER. I just can't imagine it at all

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
And what changed their minds? Could it have been... actual evidence?
Just because something cant be proven/disproven today does not make it bullshit. People in far future will look back at how we look at the world today as medieval and has nothing to do with the way that they see actual evidence in their time shows. What makes you think we figured it out all today or even most of whats actually out there? Have some humility

Reactions: rationaltake and Somber
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
A question I have is when we die, do we come back? What happens in 10^5 years from now? Will I see light as I come out of my mother's womb to continue another existence? I can't imagine just dying and not coming back FOREVER. I just can't imagine it at all
Yes I think we are innately wired to immortality of our consciousness. That only can be answered by religion for now. In my religion humans die but come back to life to be rewarded or punished but death is just a pause in between which for us means nothing

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Just because something cant be proven/disproven today does not make it bullshit. People in far future will look back at how we look at the world today as medieval and has nothing to do with the way that they see actual evidence in their time shows. What makes you think we figured it out all today or even most of whats actually out there? Have some humility
It's the assumptions/things that were not based on good evidence that we think were backwards. If people just said "we don't know" when they didn't have any good evidence, instead of making shit up, then there probably wouldn't be much dislike of the past.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
It's the assumptions/things that were not based on good evidence that we think were backwards. If people just said "we don't know" when they didn't have any good evidence, instead of making shit up, then there probably wouldn't be much dislike of the past.
I agree. There are theories about timelines and multiverse based on priminaliry evidence. What I said has been discussed and said by philosophers and scientists as possibilities so it is not just bullshit. When you say something is bullshit it is not the same as saying i dont know

Reactions: Heartattackpending
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
What I said has been discussed and said by philosophers and scientists as possibilities
Well, that's the case for a bunch of shitty stuff.

I agree. There are theories about timelines and multiverse based on priminaliry evidence.
I didn't exactly learn about this in school, sorry for not having seen this evidence.

When you say something is bullshit it is not the same as saying i dont know
Well, saying that something is bullshit is saying that what you're replying to should either be backed up by evidence or replaced by "I don't know". I'm not saying that "I don't know if stabbing myself will hurt, I can't make a statement yet"-sort of thing is correct.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Well, that's the case for a bunch of shitty stuff.

I didn't exactly learn about this in school, sorry for not having seen this evidence.

Well, saying that something is bullshit is saying that what you're replying to should either be backed up by evidence or replaced by "I don't know". I'm not saying that "I don't know if stabbing myself will hurt, I can't make a statement yet"-sort of thing is correct.
I stated in my OP that this is an absurd and unlikely thing. Why do I have an obligation to provide you with convincing evidence if I stated clearly that this is an anecdote and personal experience? You called it bullshit and thats fine and I said I dont agree because thats my personal experience which I am not even sure about.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I stated in my OP that this is an absurd and unlikely thing. Why do I have an obligation to provide you with convincing evidence if I stated clearly that this is an anecdote and personal experience? You called it bullshit and thats fine and I said I dont agree because thats my personal experience which I am not even sure about.
You don't have an obligation, ofc not. Just talking shit whilst drunk, sry if you feel pressured to provide evidence. Just using this as an opportunity to check some things for my own thinking.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
This feels like a taste of how life will go if I don't go back to college and do a computer course. That was 17 years ago. I'm ready to wake up now. I've learned my lesson

• Hugs
Reactions: Ruined my life and Snake of Eden
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
As a child I had this recurring dream in which I'm somewhere in the mountains on a road at night.

On one side of the road there is a steep cliff down into the valley with pinetrees growing against its slope, on the other a towering mountain flank. Barely a few clouds in the sky and a full moon allow me to see my surroundings.

Behind me there is a bend in the road, dissappearing behind the flank of the mountain leading to a higher elevation. I realize I'm sitting or laying on the road as two lights appear from behind the curve and quickly grow larger until I wake up with anxiety.

I never had a dream recurr as often as this one, and I still wonder if it actually happened in some other time or plane of existence, if I died there before ending up here.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, rationaltake and Snake of Eden
blueclover_.

blueclover_.

Better Never to Have Been: 2006, David Benatar
Oct 11, 2021
I actually happened to think there is a possibility that 1 year ago I died from drug overdose and I woke up in an alternate time line where I survived the overdose but died in the other. I know it sounds crazy but before I passed out from the drug overdose I had a novel SI strong feeling that im going to die at that moment that almost resembled a game over screen from a horror videogame and then i fainted but later I woke up. I got clean since and my life has turned around but I cant shake the possibility that I may have died in my older time line a year ago like it felt i was and then I am living in a purgatory now where I am given a chance to work on myself. Sometimes i dismiss that possibility but then I read on a subreddit about some similar concept i forgot whats it called exactly quantum something. People were talking about the idea that consciousness can never be annihilated and so when we hear people died because of accidents and such they only died to us in our timeline but to them their consciousness has travelled into another timeline universe where they survive. Although i realize the unlikelihood and absurdity of the idea but i cant help sometimes to wonder if thats actually what happened to me because again after I od'ed i was certain that i will die.

What are your thoughts?
That can only happen if the exact patterns of chemical reactions in the brain are transferred through a media that is stable enough for the consciousness to travel into another universe.

But if the multiverses truly exist, that means your body from another universe already has its own consciousness. So when you die, only your consciousness from this universe dies, but your consciousness from another universe remains unaffected.

Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
That can only happen if the exact patterns of chemical reactions in the brain are transferred through a media that is stable enough for the consciousness to travel into another universe.

But if the multiverses truly exist, that means your body from another universe already has its own consciousness. So when you die, only your consciousness from this universe dies, but your consciousness from another universe remains unaffected.
There is no scientific consensus on what consciousness is so I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a pattern of chemical reactions.

If linked quantum particles can influence eachother instantaneously while being lightyears apart, denying the common laws of physics as they do, then I wonder what laws apply to even smaller particles that might make up consciousness.

Maybe our consciousness is divided over several verses and we exist in them simultaneously, maybe we move from one to the other as we die, maybe we simply move to a body as it (and ourselves) becomes available.

Emphasis on maybe.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
There is no scientific consensus on what consciousness is so I wouldn't necessarily describe it as a pattern of chemical reactions.

If linked quantum particles can influence eachother instantaneously while being lightyears apart, denying the common laws of physics as they do, then I wonder what laws apply to even smaller particles that might make up consciousness.

Maybe our consciousness is divided over several verses and we exist in them simultaneously, maybe we move from one to the other as we die, maybe we simply move to a body as it (and ourselves) becomes available.

Emphasis on maybe.
Also the fact that the act of measuring or observing quantum particles changing the outcome in physical reality. It is very likely that intent or consciousness plays a role in the quantum worlds if it can affect it directly. When we die from our perspective the world as it is end as we cant observe it so it stops existing. I think alot about paradoxes like that and how perspective is a key that plays in making these paradoxes work the way they do. The binary pattern of the things in universe that exists needs some antithetic value to it to be able to express itself

• Love
Reactions: Heartattackpending and Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
[...] The binary pattern of the things in universe that exists needs some antithetic value to it to be able to express itself
Can you elaborate on that?

Nowadays there are so many scientific fields of study that many people might believe we (humanity) know most things there is to know, but as we learn more it only become more obvious how many more things we are oblivious about.

Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

Jun 22, 2021
Can you elaborate on that?

I meant to say paradoxes (things that seem impossible to co-exist or overlap) seems to be a pattern in how reality works for example the theorized existence of antimatter. For things to express themselves at micro level they need their counterparts to be able to differentiate themselves. I meant to say i think this is a key in knowing how the deepest things in the universe work which we will never be able to get to the bottom of entirely i dont believe thats possible with our mere efforts.
Nowadays there are so many scientific fields of study that many people might believe we (humanity) know most things there is to know, but as we learn more it only become more obvious how many more things we are oblivious about.
Man tell me about that! People never and will not change. Just because we have iphones, cars and airplanes it got into people's head that what we know about the universe is almost complete. Give me a break! The same way ignorant people in medieval times thought there is no way the earth is spherical or it orbits around the sun, they still make assertions about things we dont know anything about. People never change because their world view is too occupied with whats around them, they can never accept there is more that they are not aware of.

Reactions: Somber
Somber

Somber

Arcanist
Jan 6, 2022
We seem to agree on a lot of these things, even if it remains highly speculative.

Your thoughts on these matters are reminiscent of atheism, yet you called the Quran in an earlier message "my religious texts" suggesting you'd be a Muslim?

How compatible are these ideas and how is suicide seen according to scripture?