BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart

Student
Nov 5, 2019
I'm not sure how valid this approach is to be honest. 5 mg vs 30/40/60 mg, depending which idea for stat you follow, is very different.
I would assume that the dosage determines which side effects you can get, so if you try 5 mg and you're fine, it doesn't automatically follow that you will be fine if you take a higher dose.

I've run a test myself, seeing as I'm slightly worried about EPS and seeing as the good doctor straight up gave me a pack with 100 pills. I took 10 mg 3x (8 h apart) and then a 20 mg dose 8 h after that. I plan on doing 3x10 mg, followed by 20 mg and then 30 mg before SN, so for me, I'm satisfied with the test I ran. For me, I've seen no side effects at all with this regimen and I assume that I'll have full anti-emetic coverage build up. I cannot imagine doing 48h, I would go nuts waiting that long. One day I can do.
What helped you to get over your fear and do a test?
You got your meto from a doc so I guess you could easily explain that you took meto and got EPS because it was prescribed to you, had you gotten bad effects.
Any thoughts on how I might explain EPS if it happens since I didn't have a script and bought online? (Technically not allowed to do that without script here in US and I'd be afraid of getting in trouble.) I fear getting EPS and then having to tell them I bought it "illegally". It's not illegal to *take the meds but it's not legal to buy them without a script here. But I bought them off eBay without script. (They haven't arrived yet so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for test or stat only.)
What is your timeframe of meto dosing on the day of? You mention several different dosages on that day before SN so I'm curious if you don't mind going into more detail.
It's a very good question. If we all just took the stat dose of meto (without testing) - 30mg, 45 min before SN - is that even enough time to see EPS effects if it's never entered our system before.

Not to scare people (and if you are, use domperidone) but the reactions to meto sound wild and unpredictable:
I finally bought my meto (hasn't arrived yet) and even though knowing there's EPS risk, reading those reviews is scary. I worry so much. I have fear about even obtaining meto and trying to get the package before husband sees; I worry I will worry too much about the meto again and then have to obtain doperidone and additional meds and risk all the obtaining secretly again and having to rethink my plan. I just wish we knew the chances because even a test run could go wrong and then what? Ugh

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: noctiva
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I have seen so many posts about SN that I am thinking of changing my method from bridge jumping to SN.

Reactions: Time, Fragile and metalchic_74
Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
I came here Thinking my suicide would be violent and painful, and probably a hanging or toxic chemical cocktail.

I feel so much calmer, and in much less of a rush knowing i can go softly into the abyss. I dont think im going to have so much hesitation as SN isnt going to be as painful as my last rope attempt. The thought of pain is what stops me, not the fear of death. I know where i am going after this world, he has had me since 12.

Reactions: *KNAZ*, Time, Fragile and 4 others
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
What helped you to get over your fear and do a test?
You got your meto from a doc so I guess you could easily explain that you took meto and got EPS because it was prescribed to you, had you gotten bad effects.
Any thoughts on how I might explain EPS if it happens since I didn't have a script and bought online? (Technically not allowed to do that without script here in US and I'd be afraid of getting in trouble.) I fear getting EPS and then having to tell them I bought it "illegally". It's not illegal to *take the meds but it's not legal to buy them without a script here. But I bought them off eBay without script. (They haven't arrived yet so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for test or stat only.)
What is your timeframe of meto dosing on the day of? You mention several different dosages on that day before SN so I'm curious if you don't mind going into more detail.

@BleedingHeart I got it as a prescription for nausea with migraine (faked that one) but I have (genuine and known to the doctor) insane nausea due to motion sickness, so if I get on a plane, I do need something stronger than over the counter medication, so he gave me 100 straight away. If you do get EPS and it doesn't disappear on it's own in a day or so, I would see a doctor. EPS should be, in most cases, transient.
People here read the side effects very closely, which is good, BUT it also creates a lot of fear and panic. Most medications have side effects and everything that could potentially go wrong needs to be listed. The doctor who prescribed meto asked specifically if I was taking medication that otherwise effects dopamine signaling. As I do not take any medication otherwise, he said it was fine. Based on his question I assume that people taking medication affecting dopamine signaling should not take Meto to begin with, but someone more medically versed than me should confirm that.
If you check here: https://www.rxlist.com/reglan-drug.htm
It says:
'Acute dystonic reactions, the most common type of EPS associated with metoclopramide, occur in approximately 0.2% of patients (1 in 500) treated with 30 to 40 mg of metoclopramide per day. Symptoms include involuntary movements of limbs, facial grimacing, torticollis, oculogyric crisis, rhythmic protrusion of tongue, bulbar type of speech, trismus, opisthotonus (tetanus-like reactions), and, rarely, stridor and dyspnea possibly due to laryngospasm; ordinarily these symptoms are readily reversed by diphenhydramine (see WARNINGS).'
EPS chance of 0.2% in patients with 30-40 mg/ day. You start with 10 mg. If you get nothing 8 h later, you take 10 mg. If you have nothing 8 h later, you take 10 mg. If you get EPS, you discontinue and change to domperidone.
I had no problem doing a trial with these odds for myself, 0.2% is a very slim chance in my opinion. If you want to be extra careful, start with half a pill (5mg), see how you feel. If you're fine, take a whole one 8 h later and see how you feel then. If you feel you want to see a doctor, you can always say you got it abroad when you got a migraine. They cannot check if you've recently been to Europe and had a migraine there and what prescription you got for that. Someone else here recommended saying you got it from your aunt who suffers migraines. I don't know where you are from, but doctors here will not press you to tell where you got medication if you come to the practice complaining about side effect from xyz. I think you're overthinking it a bit. :)

I have planed on doing the following for my regime:
11pm 10 mg meto
7am 10 mg meto + light breakfast, fasting from then on
3pm 20 mg meto
11pm 30 mg meto
12am 20 capsules of sodium nitrite (total 14 g) followed by 50 ml 20g sodium nitrite

Reasoning:
I don't want to do 48h, I think that will make me hyperaware and very much increase SI for me. 24 h should be fine for me. Based on the thread where meto buildup and elimination in the system was described, I think I should have full meto coverage at the time I take SN. I do not vomit easily, so I am very content with this.
I am still debating an antacid, but unless I happen upon one by accident, I will just go with that.
I think the more you complicate the regimen by adding benzos and whatnot, the more you set yourself up for panic, interaction of meds and failure. The real challenge is to know your time and to know yourself. When you're ready, you're ready and not overthinking.
One thing that I am contemplating, but I don't know how to incorporate it, is pentobarbital. I have some, but not enough to kill me. I'd just.. I don't know, I like the idea of having it there, just because.. and it will give whoever is doing the toxicology report a headache. I like that idea. Anyone have any good idea on that front? :)

Reactions: voyager, n0505, Science Is Scary and 2 others
BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart

Student
Nov 5, 2019
@BleedingHeart I got it as a prescription for nausea with migraine (faked that one) but I have (genuine and known to the doctor) insane nausea due to motion sickness, so if I get on a plane, I do need something stronger than over the counter medication, so he gave me 100 straight away. If you do get EPS and it doesn't disappear on it's own in a day or so, I would see a doctor. EPS should be, in most cases, transient.
People here read the side effects very closely, which is good, BUT it also creates a lot of fear and panic. Most medications have side effects and everything that could potentially go wrong needs to be listed. The doctor who prescribed meto asked specifically if I was taking medication that otherwise effects dopamine signaling. As I do not take any medication otherwise, he said it was fine. Based on his question I assume that people taking medication affecting dopamine signaling should not take Meto to begin with, but someone more medically versed than me should confirm that.
If you check here: https://www.rxlist.com/reglan-drug.htm
It says:
'Acute dystonic reactions, the most common type of EPS associated with metoclopramide, occur in approximately 0.2% of patients (1 in 500) treated with 30 to 40 mg of metoclopramide per day. Symptoms include involuntary movements of limbs, facial grimacing, torticollis, oculogyric crisis, rhythmic protrusion of tongue, bulbar type of speech, trismus, opisthotonus (tetanus-like reactions), and, rarely, stridor and dyspnea possibly due to laryngospasm; ordinarily these symptoms are readily reversed by diphenhydramine (see WARNINGS).'
EPS chance of 0.2% in patients with 30-40 mg/ day. You start with 10 mg. If you get nothing 8 h later, you take 10 mg. If you have nothing 8 h later, you take 10 mg. If you get EPS, you discontinue and change to domperidone.
I had no problem doing a trial with these odds for myself, 0.2% is a very slim chance in my opinion. If you want to be extra careful, start with half a pill (5mg), see how you feel. If you're fine, take a whole one 8 h later and see how you feel then. If you feel you want to see a doctor, you can always say you got it abroad when you got a migraine. They cannot check if you've recently been to Europe and had a migraine there and what prescription you got for that. Someone else here recommended saying you got it from your aunt who suffers migraines. I don't know where you are from, but doctors here will not press you to tell where you got medication if you come to the practice complaining about side effect from xyz. I think you're overthinking it a bit. :)

I have planed on doing the following for my regime:
11pm 10 mg meto
7am 10 mg meto + light breakfast, fasting from then on
3pm 20 mg meto
11pm 30 mg meto
12am 20 capsules of sodium nitrite (total 14 g) followed by 50 ml 20g sodium nitrite

Reasoning:
I don't want to do 48h, I think that will make me hyperaware and very much increase SI for me. 24 h should be fine for me. Based on the thread where meto buildup and elimination in the system was described, I think I should have full meto coverage at the time I take SN. I do not vomit easily, so I am very content with this.
I am still debating an antacid, but unless I happen upon one by accident, I will just go with that.
I think the more you complicate the regimen by adding benzos and whatnot, the more you set yourself up for panic, interaction of meds and failure. The real challenge is to know your time and to know yourself. When you're ready, you're ready and not overthinking.
One thing that I am contemplating, but I don't know how to incorporate it, is pentobarbital. I have some, but not enough to kill me. I'd just.. I don't know, I like the idea of having it there, just because.. and it will give whoever is doing the toxicology report a headache. I like that idea. Anyone have any good idea on that front? :)
While I still have worries, your info here really alleviated some of them. Thank you for sharing.

• Love
Reactions: noctiva
R

Rising Phoenix

Nov 2, 2019
SN has been used for a while now here on SS as a reletively peaceful method.

Reactions: BlueWidow, BleedingHeart and metalchic_74
ladolcemorte

ladolcemorte

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Less painful and more private.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. But I am worried that SN might be regulated in Canada and that my package will be intercepted and then I will be charged with breaching some federal regulation. I keep trying to search for an answer on whether it is banned by any legislation but haven't found the answer so far. I'm having trouble focusing long enough to do any serious reading.

Also worried that if I order online it won't really be SN. Also worried Dr wont give antiemetic prescription. Also worried antiemetics wont work as well for me. After years of bulimia I have an exceptionally well trained gag reflex.....

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Ame
CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
While I still have worries, your info here really alleviated some of them. Thank you for sharing.
Didn't mean to scare you with that meto info....I agree it's a very low chance, and the people who post on those review websites are the ones with bad experiences, you wouldn't go on there if it was smooth sailing. You'll be fine :)
Yeah that is what I am thinking. But I am worried that SN might be regulated in Canada and that my package will be intercepted and then I will be charged with breaching some federal regulation. I keep trying to search for an answer on whether it is banned by any legislation but haven't found the answer so far. I'm having trouble focusing long enough to do any serious reading.
SN is just a salt for preserving food. It's used a lot in high school chemistry classes. You won't be charged or your package held.

Reactions: *KNAZ* and BleedingHeart
BleedingHeart

BleedingHeart

Student
Nov 5, 2019
Didn't mean to scare you with that meto info....I agree it's a very low chance, and the people who post on those review websites are the ones with bad experiences, you wouldn't go on there if it was smooth sailing. You'll be fine :)

SN is just a salt for preserving food. It's used a lot in high school chemistry classes. You won't be charged or your package held.
I could get into issues with meto and legality here though in US as you aren't supposed to buy with without script and I bought it on eBay without a script. :| too late now as it's already shipped. Hopefully all will be clear.
You're right; no one is going to report how well meto tolerance was. And the percentage is relieving too. Thanks so much

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019

Also worried that if I order online it won't really be SN. Also worried Dr wont give antiemetic prescription. Also worried antiemetics wont work as well for me. After years of bulimia I have an exceptionally well trained gag reflex.....
I dont think there is too much reason to think it wont really be sn- prob far higher risk of that if trying to acquire N what with all the scammers etc.

Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I wonder if P.Nitschke knows about this site, he could be secretly on here gathering data/ info to use at his seminars :I

I wish there was a way to incentivize SN users on this forum to contribute to Nitschke's research, but unfortunately any potential incentives aren't exactly useful where they're going. :hihi:

The SN posts on here, as it is currently, aren't valuable as data. We don't know for sure if the users actually passed, if it was a fake post, etc. Most of the SN users don't even (or are unable/unwilling to) type out what they're feeling in their last moments.

Reactions: Time and FallenX
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I wish there was a way to incentivize SN users on this forum to contribute to Nitschke's research, but unfortunately any potential incentives aren't exactly useful where they're going. :hihi:

The SN posts on here, as it is currently, aren't valuable as data. We don't know for sure if the users actually passed, if it was a fake post, etc. Most of the SN users don't even (or are unable/unwilling to) type out what they're feeling in their last moments.
Yes that is true. I was really willing to try and let other know how I felt / share my experience/ answer questions with others whilst I did it (which is on hold for me now) ... some don't want to...or they have obvs wanted to log off in time...I get the impression that some might have started to share but have then actually passed out before more details being shared....

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019

I remember a few weeks ago a member was trying to get in touch with them for exactly that, they got no reply. Sadly I can't remember the member's name

Dubs

Dubs

I exist without my consent.
Aug 16, 2018
I imagine there must be a crisis going on regarding SN suicides by hospitals/health organizations. I've tried to find reporting on it but there doesn't seem to be any. They can't exactly run an article: "New suicide technique is super easy, cheap, dignified, and reliable; suicides skyrocket!" I'd love to see the fallout from this but probably won't be around by the time it all becomes public.

Reactions: *KNAZ*, Ame and MeltingHeart
trynacbt

trynacbt

Arcanist
Sep 28, 2019
I imagine there must be a crisis going on regarding SN suicides by hospitals/health organizations. I've tried to find reporting on it but there doesn't seem to be any. They can't exactly run an article: "New suicide technique is super easy, cheap, dignified, and reliable; suicides skyrocket!" I'd love to see the fallout from this but probably won't be around by the time it all becomes public.

Yes, and the thing is, the more they put stuff like this out there, the more people will be drawn to it, producing the opposite effect than is desired. That's how I found this site, after all. Bad publicity is still publicity.

Reactions: *KNAZ*, Time, Ame and 2 others
deathbyginger

deathbyginger

Student
Oct 24, 2019
I came here Thinking my suicide would be violent and painful, and probably a hanging or toxic chemical cocktail.

I feel so much calmer, and in much less of a rush knowing i can go softly into the abyss. I dont think im going to have so much hesitation as SN isnt going to be as painful as my last rope attempt. The thought of pain is what stops me, not the fear of death. I know where i am going after this world, he has had me since 12.
I can't begin to agree any more.
The sense of peace that I found have knowing that I can fade away without pain is like no other.
I can only thank the members of SS for sharing knowledge and support.

Reactions: BlueWidow, metalchic_74, Time and 7 others
Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
Can I ask what you mean by this? I wonder a lot about what comes after.
I am Pegan and it is not a simple heaven or hell. I would gladly talk to you about it on PM?
I can't begin to agree any more.
The sense of peace that I found have knowing that I can fade away without pain is like no other.
I can only thank the members of SS for sharing knowledge and support.
This is the place where things have finally started to look bright for me. The community here has been amazing.

Reactions: Time, Ame, TimeToBiteTheDust and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I am Pegan and it is not a simple heaven or hell. I would gladly talk to you about it on PM?

This is the place where things have finally started to look bright for me. The community here has been amazing.
Same for me. I don't feel alone being in this community.

Reactions: metalchic_74
Ame

Ame

あめ
Nov 1, 2019

This was more or less my own experience. I had originally intended to CTB by hanging (tonight (11/11) actually) and came here to learn more about how to do so properly, but then I read about SN and made it my "plan A". I am also curious as to what you meant by: "I know where i am going after this world, he has had me since 12." I've not been a registered member for very long but the community has been lovely for the most part...although very bittersweet.

It might just be my own anxiety whipping up horror stories but I've been worried about this too. As far as I know, it isn't on the restricted component list, but it remains impossible to obtain locally unless you are affiliated with an institution or approved business (certain international distributors on a certain e-market site are our only recourse). The weird thing is that it is is easily bought in the USA and stranger still, is the fact that many vendors still ship sodium nitrate to Canada (a substance that, in its solid form, is on the restricted component list).

That being said, you may recall from the SN guides, that sodium nitrite is a fairly inexpensive material, so I don't believe that the incentive to sell counterfeit SN is really there.

For all we know, maybe there is? I remember reading an interesting article about N not to long ago, and here is the abstract in case anyone is curious:

"A fatal concentration of pentobarbital found in a coroner's case where the history had not indicated use of this drug prompted a review of fatalities in Ontario from 2012 to 2015. Coroner's case files, including police and toxicology reports, were reviewed in twenty deaths, in which pentobarbital was identified as the primary cause of death. In all of the deaths (11 females, 9 males), the blood concentration of pentobarbital was greater than 10 mg/L. There were three to eight deaths per year and each was classified as suicide. In 11 cases, there was clear evidence that the drug was purchased over the internet from Mexico or China and imported into Canada. In four cases, it appears that the pentobarbital was labeled as a different, innocuous chemical to facilitate crossing the border without scrutiny. The findings underscore the value of a thorough scene investigation, including details of evidence that may be considered unrelated."

"In 11 cases, there was clear evidence that the drug was purchased over the internet from Mexico or China and imported into Canada."

Given some of the details from the scene (ex: "bottle of 'veterinary' pentobarbital, possibly from Mexico", "recent purchase of The Peaceful Pill", "bottle of pentobarbital (100 mL) with Spanish instruction and several opened blister packs of metoclopramide" etc) there is very good chance that the pentobarbital used came from A and B.

F

FallenX

Fallen
Oct 23, 2019
I don't think there's even one report here of someone going with Sodium Azide. Plenty of them in the media and case reports. Almost no coming back from Azide. PPeH is right about it's reliability. But it isn't peaceful by a long shot and seems to be just as fast as SN. And it's insanely dangerous.

Last edited:
CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
3 more members in the last 2 days? I'm very much hoping @bpdme is ok after possibly needing assistance today. And yesterday it seems @Mr. Sensitive and @apatheticbeing passed on using SN. My thoughts are with all of them and hoping things are now calm and peaceful for them.

Reactions: Bluedew, BlueWidow and MeltingHeart
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
I don't think there's even one report here of someone going with Sodium Azide. Plenty of them in the media and case reports. Almost no coming back from Azide. PPeH is right about it's reliability. But it isn't peaceful by a long shot and seems to be just as fast as SN. And it's insanely dangerous.
? So what's the outcome?

Last edited:
AnxiouslyDepressed

AnxiouslyDepressed

Stuck- the guilt of leaving or the pain of staying
Nov 8, 2019
3 more members in the last 2 days? I'm very much hoping @bpdme is ok after possibly needing assistance today. And yesterday it seems @Mr. Sensitive and @apatheticbeing passed on using SN. My thoughts are with all of them and hoping things are now calm and peaceful for them.

Yeah, the post from @bpdme today freaked me out. Hope I don't panic like that when the time comes. Hope he/she is alright.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Stan, CaptainT and BleedingHeart
takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
I can´t believe that @Alchemist is dead. It feels so unreal

Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Bluedew
Neurodamaged2

Neurodamaged2

Oct 28, 2019
I had a bad experience with domperidone, taken for an unrelated matter and it caused some fairly serious damage. Kind of wish I had never taken it :(
Peace

What did it cause?

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Did @Etherealdignity333 ctb? Last seen Oct 23.

CaptainT

CaptainT

Experienced
Nov 1, 2019
Surely hospitals, ER / A&E departments and doctors must be wondering why there's this spike in SN deaths. Mostly unreported by the media (to stop copycat ideas I'm guessing). And that Polish guy on ebay must be wondering why so many people in the UK have taken an interest in smoking/curing meats all of a sudden..!

Reactions: AnxiouslyDepressed, Stan and Are you lost too?