• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
This year has been extremely difficult for me with everything in my life constantly going wrong starting from the beginning of the year. Last year in Autumn and winter things were finally getting better and I went the next couple of months without having any suicidal thoughts. I went travelling then coming back from my travels I managed to successfully find a higher paying job in a large corporation. I fell deeply in love with an older man in his 50s who just made me feel so special and seen no guy ever done that for me. Fast forward to 2023 everything just went wrong. Parasitic relatives were back in my life again, lost my job before that I went through a so much humiliation from my boss and older colleagues who I thought were my friends, man turned out to be two faced horrible person who caused me so much pain, eating disorder came back and nothing has gone right for me this year. Getting fired at 25 damaged my confidence and plunged me into deep depression. I am 26 now.

Whenever I opened up about my struggles on reddit sub communities and discord servers I belonged too all I got was bullying and patronising mental health advocates rudely telling me "to go see a therapist". I was even builled out of the forever alone women community/femcel community.

Rescently in a group online employment course class I met an older woman in her 50s and it turned we have so much in common. Just like me in her job she had a boss who kept blaming her for everything and colleagues treating her badly. Just like me she fought till the very end and got fired too. This entire year I felt so alone. When I saw everyone else around me sailing through their workplace with no issues and my colleagues getting praised while I got ALL criticism and disrespect from my boss I felt like I was the only person in the world who messed up at work. Meeting another woman who went through everything I went through it was so comforting. Ever since I have been attending the employment course and connecting with other unemployed women in the course along with the support of the caring tutors my confidence is finally coming back.

All the bullying mental health advocates telling me "go to see a therapist" were wrong I never needed therapy in the first place I needed real help, comfort and support for my problems. I am NOT anti therapy but I acknowledge not everyone needs therapy. The pharse "go see a therapist" is the new shut up and go away.

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I'm sorry for your experiences. A lot of people that have never been in anything other than a privileged position like to think they know everything and tell others how to live their life when really they know nothing at all. A lot of people are uncaring.

I'm glad you're starting to get back on track and your confidence back.

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Therapy means "go find a way to help fix yourself".
Doesn't always mean go see a therapist.
You found a way. Achievment unlocked. You're on a good path to feeling better. I'm rooting for you. ^^

• Love
Reactions: FireFox
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree with the comment above me. As I've heard, therapy is basically treated as the "secular religion" with the way everybody praises it with no critical thinking whatsoever. It's sad that therapy gets the praise that it does when therapy isn't suited for everybody. It gets treated as a "one size fits all" yet it isn't. Some people need love, some people need the entire system to change to make things more fair, some people need an understanding ally etc. Therapy can't help everybody but the ones preaching about therapy don't care about that. They don't care about you either. They only want to feel good about themselves through the path of least resistance which is by saying the secular equivalent of "thought and prayers" as the commenter above me stated

Reactions: myusername890
Abyssal

Abyssal

Recovered and alive, less suicidal
Nov 26, 2023
So tired of this "see a therapist " bullshit.

Depressed? See a therapist.
Anxious? See a therapist.
Angry? See a therapist.
Trans? See a therapist.
Hate your job? See a therapist.
Can't sleep? See a therapist.
Don't fit in? Fucking therapy.

The worst part is that in genuinely works for people and everyone sings praises for therapy. Those of us that can't afford therapy or don't improve from therapy are erased from media, because if therapy doesn't work then there's no hope for the rest of us. People would rather believe everything is okay and treat therapists like miracle workers.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
"Get therapy" has become the new "thoughts and prayers". People don't mean that, they just say it so that they can look good, or they can walk out of the conversation feeling helpful.
@passivethought121 Therapy is now a luxury for privileged middle class, celebrities and rich people to pay for someone to listen to thier problems. If accessing a therapist was that easy we would all be doing it.

In my city wealthy and middle class people all have a therapist they can call and get quick acess to an appointment while ordinary people on average incomes have to use the NHS. Getting access to therapy is hard on the NHS due to long waiting lists with no priority everyone has to wait in the queue.

People act like we are fucking lazy for not seeing a therapist but many of us can't afford it privately the fees and also the NHS in my country is broken.
I agree with the comment above me. As I've heard, therapy is basically treated as the "secular religion" with the way everybody praises it with no critical thinking whatsoever. It's sad that therapy gets the praise that it does when therapy isn't suited for everybody. It gets treated as a "one size fits all" yet it isn't. Some people need love, some people need the entire system to change to make things more fair, some people need an understanding ally etc. Therapy can't help everybody but the ones preaching about therapy don't care about that. They don't care about you either. They only want to feel good about themselves through the path of least resistance which is by saying the secular equivalent of "thought and prayers" as the commenter above me stated
@ijustwishtodie I am not anti therapy but we need to he honest therapy is not for everyone and not all problems and events need therapy. I blame all these celebrities and influencers and mental health advocates who have created this culture that if you down about life or not happy with something to go see a therapist about it. This "therapy culture" has gone too far.

If your bf or gf dumps you then it's normal to be depressed and sad. You don't need an 1hr session with a therapist. Or if you are depressed about money its normal to be stressed. You don't need a therapist you need financial support and help.

A person who will definitely need therapy are people who have been raped, experienced a terrorist attack or a horrific traumatic event. These are serious events which are traumatic and require support to deal with the distress.

Last edited: