B

Burned out

Sep 22, 2018
Does this sound like Alice in wonderland syndrome?

I get headaches after experiencing an altered state of consciousness.
I have seen numbers on a digital clock get wavy and distorted.
I've had blurry vision come on abruptly.
Sounds get altered-things just sound wrong.
Sometimes it feels like there is a huge amount of space between objects, or the opposite, and I also at times feel I'm a different size than I actually am.
I have brain lesions.

First happened at age 8, then struck again out of the blue in my twenties multiple times, though it is becoming more minor each year.

Anyone know a thing or two on this?

• Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris, Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
I don't.
But Alice from the books was schizophrenic, the symptoms you described came from her crazy addiction to hallucinogenic mushrooms. An addiction she got from going off to 'wonderland', while her so called 'explorer' uncle (or guardian) was molesting her.

Reactions: Ghost2211 and Brick In The Wall
B

Burned out

Sep 22, 2018
I've been told I'm not schizophrenic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Ghost2211 and Brick In The Wall
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Sorry was trying to make light of the situation

• Hugs
MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
My understanding of Alice in Wonderland syndrome is something similar. I had a fever when I was a child that fucked up my brain for most of my teens. Sometimes I would be laying in bed or on the shitter and everything felt really far away, like I was small and the world was huge. If I let it control me, I would start to get very nauseous and panicky. What you are describing sounds familiar, but perhaps more severe. I would consult a doctor if you are concerned about it. I haven't experienced it in a long time fortunately.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've experienced alot of odd things in my life. Both real, and drug induced. Your description of these events implies a trigger. So what do you think could be triggering such an experience?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Ghost2211
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@Burned out, I used to get that spatial disorientation quite a lot, where things were simultaneously impossibly close and vastly distant, and both gigantic and tiny, and I couldn't tell what position I was in. I loved it! It was nightmarish but fascinating. I've always wondered if there's a name for it, so: Thank you!
Sorry was trying to make light of the situation

I understand but are great works of art and literature really things you want to shit on? There are so many things that deserve shitting on - I vote for leaving the Alice books out of it.

Last edited:
  • Love
B

Burned out

Sep 22, 2018
I forgot to mention I also get time speed up and sense that things are moving.

I've experienced alot of odd things in my life. Both real, and drug induced. Your description of these events implies a trigger. So what do you think could be triggering such an experience?
Well it's not because of any substance. I think it tends to happen if I think hard and intently about something or listen to music over long periods of time.

Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Does this sound like Alice in wonderland syndrome?

I get headaches after experiencing an altered state of consciousness.
I have seen numbers on a digital clock get wavy and distorted.
I've had blurry vision come on abruptly.
Sounds get altered-things just sound wrong.
Sometimes it feels like there is a huge amount of space between objects, or the opposite, and I also at times feel I'm a different size than I actually am.
I have brain lesions.

First happened at age 8, then struck again out of the blue in my twenties multiple times, though it is becoming more minor each year.

Anyone know a thing or two on this?
Yes, I have it. It doesn't make me sick anymore.

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
But Alice from the books was schizophrenic, the symptoms you described came from her crazy addiction to hallucinogenic mushrooms. An addiction she got from going off to 'wonderland', while her so called 'explorer' uncle (or guardian) was molesting her.
Are you talking about Alice Liddell?
Where did you read that she took mushrooms and was molested?

Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
Are you talking about Alice Liddell?
Where did you read that she took mushrooms and was molested?
In the video game by American Mcgee, Alice's sister gets molested. Dunno if that's what the post is about. :/

Reactions: esse_est_percipi
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Yes, this sounds similar to Alice in wonderland syndrome. but it's missing the body component of the episode. The main symptom is usually a distorted sense of your body size, I had it at least 4 times during my life and they usually came after a migraine attack at night.

Reactions: Marchioness
Marchioness

Marchioness

Eternal sleep
Feb 17, 2020
I have to take back what I said. I actually still do get several headaches but the feelings from AIWS no longer make me nauseated and vomit.