• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

Mar 20, 2022
Hi everyone !
Soo.. for new year's eve i've had a lil relapse, i've been quitting alcohol since a little more than one year with a relapse three month ago when i would drink myself to sleep almost everyday for like a month but not that much, and noticing the bad sides of it (i was a zombie at work for time to time and i've experienced some difficulties to coordinate my thoughts in order to work properly, i felt more absent-minded than usual during the day) i managed to quit alcohol again without much difficulty. I've drunk much this night and it didn't feel bad but now i remember why i quit drinking, i'm not feeling that much guilt over it but i currently feel post use anxiety. any tips to help manage it ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Regen
N

nopointinlife

Student
Mar 11, 2022
Benzodiazepines are frequently prescribed to combat alcohol withdrawal anxiety. Valium helped me tremendously when I got back on the wagon

D

dogthebenzohunter

Jan 5, 2023
I was on day 3 after just a 2 week heavy binge. The last few days I was only drinking alcohol not even water. Then on day 3 sober I had several siezures and ended up spending Christmas in hospital. It was horrible. Imagine the worst panic attack of your life then you just collapse and start seizing ( your unconscious during this time). Nearly bit my tongue off and my shoulders still ache.

Try get some Valium to take for 2-3 days you don't need much just 5-10mg a day. Otherwise have someone near you incase you seize or get the dts. I never got the dts thankfully but I'm sure it's on the table if I ever drink again.

You may also be fine. Stay safe.