Status
Not open for further replies.
M

musicislife

Student
Jun 15, 2018
How the fuck can people even begin to believe in an afterlife ?? Once your gone.... your gone!!!

Attachments

• D0DCEF46-F4BB-4033-B7FC-4590CE610E73.jpeg
    D0DCEF46-F4BB-4033-B7FC-4590CE610E73.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: throwaway123, Comatose11 and Tiburcio
Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
IKR

Reactions: throwaway123, Comatose11 and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

I don't know the thousands of near death experiences, many of them verified and the impossibility of having any conscious experience during some cases like Pam Reynold case (anesthesia awareness is bullshit, before Rain starts quoting my comment again). Ok this world sucks and it's evil got it, but it has nothing to do with the afterlife. It's like saying germany didn't exist in the 40s because it was ruled by evil nazis it's just total nonsense. I don't personally believe there is a god, but maybe there is one and he's evil what's the fucking problem with that. There are other counter arguments one can use.

Reactions: great-ape99 and killmepls
D

Deleted member 847

Another argument, my favorite. An afterlife would be meaningless you will get bored. This physical life is meaningless and boring too but we still exist and live everyday, rarely do people kill themselves because of boredom most of the time it's because of the pain. Why would the universe give a shit about what you consider meaningful, it already created this place which isn't so.

Reactions: GoneGirlXIV, killmepls and StarDust
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I think we are trapped. If we kill ourselves we just come back a little worse. That is my experience in both my attempts.

Reactions: StarDust, bag.of.cats and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
I think we are trapped. If we kill ourselves we just come back a little worse. That is my experience in both my attempts.
What do you mean by that more in detail?

Reactions: Tiburcio
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
What do you mean by that more in detail?
So I kill myself in this life. I go to an exact copy of my life just a little worse. I dont want to eat or drink anything. I do not want to move. I have been declared disabled by doctors... :(

Reactions: bag.of.cats, Justanotherconsumer and Tiburcio
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
So I kill myself in this life. I go to an exact copy of my life just a little worse. I dont want to eat or drink anything. I do not want to move. I have been declared disabled by doctors... :(

that sounds terrible. So was this after your attempt or like a vision or something you had?

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
People seeing,hearing or smelling ghosts.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
that sounds terrible. So was this after your attempt or like a vision or something you had?
Doesnt it! Well I have attempted 2ce once via car crash into wall at 75 MPH and partial suspension... Yes i really believe this now I will attempt again just to make sure.

Reactions: bag.of.cats
D

Deleted member 847

If this is all there is what's the point. Are we just fucking cattle thrown in slaughterhouse? It can't be. I'm not a goddamn robot, and I'm not the product of my neurons. I am the thing that observes the impulses and the thoughts but I'm not my thoughts.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, WanderingEremite, great-ape99 and 3 others
D

Deleted member 847

People seeing,hearing or smelling ghosts.
Just wait for Rain to tell us that we're just crackpots hallucinating and the science has all figured out even thought it can only measure 5% of the Universe and that 5% made out of atoms who are only 0.0001% matter

Reactions: great-ape99 and Justanotherconsumer
T

Tiburcio

Life is shit here, in afterlife and in your 1000th next supposed life.

END OF THE DISCUSSION.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KCN, Volatile, StarDust and 3 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
Doesnt it! Well I have attempted 2ce once via car crash into wall at 75 MPH and partial suspension... Yes i really believe this now I will attempt again just to make sure.
I have thought that also from previous attempts. Then after awhile just dismissed it as an unsuccessful attempt.

skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Theres a dedicated thread for this

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/afterlife-and-related-general-discussion.1428/

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and Smilla
bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
Lucid dreams happen in the astral plane which is the afterlife
I wish that was true, but there is no proof. I had plenty of these dreams, where I dreamt I had the life I always wanted, and it felt so real and convincing, I couldn't believe it. I thought I was living as somebody else, and that I would never have to return to my old life, but really it was just a figment of my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comatose11, No Future and StarDust
StarDust

StarDust

Mage
Aug 21, 2018
I wish that was true, but there is no proof. I had plenty of these dreams, where I dreamt I had the life I always wanted, and it felt so real and convincing, I couldn't believe it. I thought I was living as somebody else, and that I would never have to return to my old life, but really it was just a figment of my mind.

Then you wake up and.... :(

I had a very lucid dream...I had a wonderful life, (it had trials but it was good) I saw it all the way to the end...and I watched as my husband held my hand and kissed my forehead, as he told me he loved me. I said, I've been happy and I slipped away. I woke up with tears on my face and realising...I was back in my old life.

Reactions: Comatose11 and bag.of.cats
T

tony.end

Aug 11, 2018
guys please, you're being children. I had a lucid dream but what on earth has that to do with afterlife? Already forgot what we're talking about? Lucid DREAMS! Is what we create in our minds, what we fear and what we desire but you're just fools if you mix up that with reality. Generally the idea of an afterlife is a silly superstiction that made its way up upon the insecurity of human beings who, being never content with what we have, draw comfort from the idea of living in eternity and dreaming of a place where we all will be happy and stupid.

There is no reason why there would be an afterlife. Even the mere thought of the 'Soul' is a boneless construct which obviously couldn't ever be rationally supported because it doesn't make any sense; we don't need it, therefore there would be no use, no role for it. We think and feel emotions with our minds, which, let's not forget, are deeper than we may think (having a conscious and subconscious part). We were born, why shouldn't we die? And why an afterlife would belong to us only? What about all the other creatures which are less intelligent thus less egocentric then us. The whole afterlife concept has no head nor tail, but it holds up thanks to humans being naive and weak.

Also, not a bad way for who is in charge to control us. If things aren't as you wish they are in this life, no need to worry.. you'll be just fine in the afterlife

• Love
Reactions: Fin, Deleted member 14573, Comatose11 and 4 others
Q

Quiet Jay

Aug 27, 2018
Probably no afterlife. Absolute infinite non-experience.

Reactions: Comatose11, GoneGirlXIV and KCN
K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
Since both the frontal lobe, the thalamic area and the brainstem in our brain are involved in the generation of consciousness and subjective experience, I just wonder how people are expecting those areas to work properly once they're flying through the 128,394th plane of existence or something like that. Do people bring their rostral dorsolateral pontine tegmentum with them while floating as a disembodied entity near Theta Centauri while playing warping through 560 dimensions at the same time? That sounds lit

Reactions: Comatose11, bag.of.cats, No Future and 3 others
C

creatureoflight

Mage
Jul 27, 2018
guys please, you're being children. I had a lucid dream but what on earth has that to do with afterlife? Already forgot what we're talking about? Lucid DREAMS! Is what we create in our minds, what we fear and what we desire but you're just fools if you mix up that with reality. Generally the idea of an afterlife is a silly superstiction that made its way up upon the insecurity of human beings who, being never content with what we have, draw comfort from the idea of living in eternity and dreaming of a place where we all will be happy and stupid.

There is no reason why there would be an afterlife. Even the mere thought of the 'Soul' is a boneless construct which obviously couldn't ever be rationally supported because it doesn't make any sense; we don't need it, therefore there would be no use, no role for it. We think and feel emotions with our minds, which, let's not forget, are deeper than we may think (having a conscious and subconscious part). We were born, why shouldn't we die? And why an afterlife would belong to us only? What about all the other creatures which are less intelligent thus less egocentric then us. The whole afterlife concept has no head nor tail, but it holds up thanks to humans being naive and weak.

Also, not a bad way for who is in charge to control us. If things aren't as you wish they are in this life, no need to worry.. you'll be just fine in the afterlife
In my opinion, labelling someone else's beliefs as childish is truly juvenile behavior.
There is much confusion to what lucid dreams are-they are not proof of the afterlife because they are a completely different state than OOBEs. The lucid dream plane is not real and is all in the mind. But NDEs and OOBEs are a completely different thing and they are on a 'real' astral plane of existence. LDs have a completely different state of conciousness than OOBEs. In LDs I know I am dreaming and things that make no sense (like something suddenly appearing or seeing people I can never see in real life like celebrities ) makes perfect sense. But OOBEs are different. My mind is crystal clear and like in the waking body. And almost all OOBEs begin in one's room with the person seeing their own sleeping body. And there are rules on the astral plane-it's not some dreamscape. There are also demons and other entities that can cause big trouble and which don't appear in LDs.
Of course the afterlife does not belong to us only. What a funny idea! Animals also have souls and there have been countless OOBEs and NDEs in which people saw their dead dogs or other animals. If we have a soul, then animals also have them. That's my personal reason for being vegetarian. And there are many other planets etc because aliens are also often seen in NDEs and theses kinds of experiences. In fact, many alien abductions are simply OOBEs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.