Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Are you guys scared the concequences of failing CTB?
To be honest I thought my only fear was leaving my mother and having to hurt her alot. However , I realised that I'm even more scared of failing and having to suffer the concequences. I am already poor and my mother is barely managing. To fail means to cause more burden for my mother. Which ironically one of the reasons why I want to CTB. I know I burden her alot with my existance. With the addition of Brain damage and knowledge that I wanted to kill myself might even Kill her. That might be pushing her last button. I honestly dont know what to do.

Reactions: ouvreyes, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead_Inside and 9 others
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
oui je suis effrayé par les conséquences de la ctb surtout pour blesser ma mère et mon frère

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Moony21
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
VERY SCARED.. Therefore, failing is not an option. So I sort out my options and choose the one with the greatest chance of success.

If I do fail I would become an outcast. My family would stop trusting me.. My nephews wouldn't be allowed to play with me etc..
The pain would be unbearable. It's just not an option. I have to succeed.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Jupiter, Weeping Garbage Can and 7 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
I would just say to do whatever you can to try and make it foolproof. That's what I'm gonna do. Try and combine methods, leave no margin for error, make sure no one can interupt and bring you back.

Reactions: Kill Me Now, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead_Inside and 5 others
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I failed my first attempt and I'm determined that I won't fail this time. It's simply not an option. I really need not to be here longer than Feb 2019. I've had more than enough in this lifetime and it's time to go. I've been researching my method thoroughly this time so I'm positive I'll succeed.

Reactions: Jupiter, Weeping Garbage Can, Dead_Inside and 7 others
Goldenwolf

Goldenwolf

Age 24 My time has come. I'm going to ctb with N
Dec 6, 2018
I can understand what you mean. I fear it also as the consequences of failure may be to high. I have found some people to perhaps CTB with but we're struggling to find a method to use without the uncertainty. Are you still looking for someone to CTB with? And what is your method?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Dead_Inside, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
sadsoul

sadsoul

Alive and unwell
Sep 9, 2018
I'm really scared of becoming a vegetable, that would be extremely horrible. Being trapped inside my own body and having to suffer until I die "naturally"... I hope this will never happen to me, I need to make sure that there's no way I'm gonna fail. I don't want to be a burden to my family, and I don't want to make them sad and stressed all the time. I also dread being sent to the psych ward, I've never been to one but I've read so many horrible things about them. I think it would make me even more suicidal...Funny how the mental health system which is supposed to help you is actually a reason to die. Facing my parents and explaining to them why I tried to kill myself would also be really difficult. They probably wouldn't understand and bombard me with pro life rhetoric. It would all be a huge mess.

Reactions: Jupiter, Weeping Garbage Can, Sinbad and 9 others
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
I understand, I'm absolutely terrified of becoming a vegetable, or ending up failing and being sectioned, getting horrible health problems, etc. I'm not exactly scared of what will happen to my loved ones after I ctb but I feel horribly guilty because I know I'll hurt them and that they'll blame themselves.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Sinbad, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
I failed my first attempt and I'm determined that I won't fail this time. It's simply not an option. I really need not to be here longer than Feb 2019. I've had more than enough in this lifetime and it's time to go. I've been researching my method thoroughly this time so I'm positive I'll succeed.

what is your method? If I can ask

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap and sadsoul
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
This is my greatest fear

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap, HannibalLector and 5 others
Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
I'm worried if I fail, I'll be permanently institutionalized.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Dead_Inside, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I can understand your fears, and I had the same things in mind too. The best thing I can say is to make sure you know your method really, really well, try to overcome enough of your survival instinct that you don't back out at the last moment or half-ass the attempt (which is a lot of reasons for failures), and make sure that the tools you are using are sufficient (don't use a rope or ligature that would break, don't use a structure that won't hold your weight, etc.). As for combining methods, it may be counterproductive as some methods don't always go well with each other, or the risk of haphazardly combining leads to greater chances of failure. I'd stick with one method and execute it thoroughly.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap, Jenna and 2 others
W

Wannadie

Sep 21, 2018
No, not really. I'm already inpatient and there isn't really a chance I'll get out of psychiatry anyway so that's not a risk or something. Except for the unfortunate fact that it'll probably land me on the closed ward again instead of the open ward. As for physical risks: the effects of SN are said to be fully reversible. So if I would be rescued, I would only have to deal with the costs of the emergency care and there's free health care in my country so physically and economically there are no real risks either.

My only real consequence would be having to deal with the pain my attempt caused others and the fact that my treatment team probably lose their trust in me again which makes being inpatient a lot worse

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap, NoOneKnows and 2 others
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Failing in my attempt is a reason why I haven't gone yet. I need to make sure my option will kill me for sure. This is why it is important to do research and make sure everything is planned out. However I know I eventually I must pick a method, research it and make sure it will work. I can no longer take dealing with my detoirating mental state.

Reactions: 15dec, Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap and 5 others
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I'm really scared of becoming a vegetable, that would be extremely horrible. Being trapped inside my own body and having to suffer until I die "naturally"... I hope this will never happen to me, I need to make sure that there's no way I'm gonna fail. I don't want to be a burden to my family, and I don't want to make them sad and stressed all the time. I also dread being sent to the psych ward, I've never been to one but I've read so many horrible things about them. I think it would make me even more suicidal...Funny how the mental health system which is supposed to help you is actually a reason to die. Facing my parents and explaining to them why I tried to kill myself would also be really difficult. They probably wouldn't understand and bombard me with pro life rhetoric. It would all be a huge mess.
I feel the same exact way as you. This absolutly terrible. Choosing to live on can causes suffering. But , CTB will either give you a ticket to eternal peace or a ticket to eternal hell. Its a huge gamble. Not with material. But with your life and others. Also the trust we have with our loved ones would be completely broken.As if earth isnt hell already.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Weeping Garbage Can, Lifeisatrap and 6 others
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
Are you guys scared the concequences of failing CTB?
To be honest I thought my only fear was leaving my mother and having to hurt her alot. However , I realised that I'm even more scared of failing and having to suffer the concequences. I am already poor and my mother is barely managing. To fail means to cause more burden for my mother. Which ironically one of the reasons why I want to CTB. I know I burden her alot with my existance. With the addition of Brain damage and knowledge that I wanted to kill myself might even Kill her. That might be pushing her last button. I honestly dont know what to do.
Can you travel to die very far? Ideally into some foreign country. I don´t have other idea.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and Lifeisatrap
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
That's why I'm still here sadly:(

Reactions: Donewith_, Goldenwolf and Weeping Garbage Can
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
It's a harrowing thought that keeps popping up in my mind. Sometimes that's replaced when relief when I believe everything's almost aligned...only to get my hopes shattered.
I'm also afraid of failing, or being caught, or being left disabled, and or finally prevented from ever again CTB'ing (like in prison or in a home or a psych ward for a long time, that'd be hell). Yikes. Sigh.

Reactions: OnlyMercy, Lifeisatrap, sadsoul and 1 other person