FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
"Just lift, brah." Or "Journal." Or "Tell yourself everything's OK 'til you believe it." :)

Reactions: SirChuxAlot, Redt2go and brighter
dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Reactions: SirChuxAlot, Redt2go, brighter and 2 others
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
"Drink water." lmao.
That kind of turned into a joke between my brother and me, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirChuxAlot, Redt2go and brighter
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
"Don't drink coffee"
"Eat proper meals"
"Eat chocolate"
"Don't eat chocolate"
"Work more"
"Do less work"

:-)

As long as no one ever says to me "go to the gym" because that will bring me out in hives. I've never been in one, I'm not going to start. I'm imaging men in weird shorts and those ill-fitting vests and grubby towels and the smell of rubber and women flicking ponytails. Ugh

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer, SirChuxAlot, Redt2go and 2 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I find it worse when they "try" and help you, it ends up being a conversation on comparing their sufferings to yours, basically all about them.

I hate this so much!!! Why compare, and it's always as if the other person is belittling me and making it seem as if my depression isn't "good enough" to be depression -_- (if that makes any sense)

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and Redt2go
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I remember an ex boyfriend once said to me. I think u just don't want to be happy. I was like are u serious? Lol!

Lol, omg some people just make me laugh. "yea, cause thats exactly what I wanna do, stay sad mhm"

Reactions: Redt2go
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
"just smile and be yourself"

S

SirChuxAlot

Jan 16, 2019
I hate the old, "What do you have that you even stress about..." yet they know VERY little to nothing about you.

Reactions: Redt2go and Chlo
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
I hate the old, "What do you have that you even stress about..." yet they know VERY little to nothing about you.

Agreed, even if they know you, this is annoying. Maybe moreso.

Dog Food

Dog Food

POS
Mar 27, 2018
"Exercise more!" I get this from my internet friends. I'm anorexic. I exercise 4.5 hours a day.
Also saying "you are too good too die," I mean 1) I'm not and 2) If I was I'd deserve to end my suffering.

Reactions: Boochky and FTL.Wanderer
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
"Drink water." lmao.
That kind of turned into a joke between my brother and me, though.

Me and my sibling say that too!

Reactions: Redt2go and Chlo
Wallflower

Wallflower

Feb 10, 2019
my personal favourite on is the old "you're not trying hard enough"

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
At this point I hate so much the standard "see a therapist" or "get on meds" advice. People will not accept that these things don't help everyone, and that there are certain circumstances of my life that cannot be changed by therapy or meds.

Reactions: Chlo, FTL.Wanderer and Redt2go
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
At this point I hate so much the standard "see a therapist" or "get on meds" advice. People will not accept that these things don't help everyone, and that there are certain circumstances of my life that cannot be changed by therapy or meds.

I wrote elsewhere about a professor of social work who has a very popular blog on mental health and suicide. It's her position that there are no rational suicides, that suicidal people just haven't learned how to deal with our lives. And, of course, drugs and therapy would change this...

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
"Try to think positive, being negative isn't helping anything."

While there's some truth to that statement, it still annoys the hell out of me.

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I wrote elsewhere about a professor of social work who has a very popular blog on mental health and suicide. It's her position that there are no rational suicides, that suicidal people just haven't learned how to deal with our lives. And, of course, drugs and therapy would change this...
Was it this person? https://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2013/05/19/why-stop-someone-from-suicide/
I can't remember if I got that link from this site or not... but anyway that post is super enraging but the comments mostly all disagree with her so it's very cathartic to read.

Reactions: Boochky and FTL.Wanderer
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Was it this person? https://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2013/05/19/why-stop-someone-from-suicide/
I can't remember if I got that link from this site or not... but anyway that post is super enraging but the comments mostly all disagree with her so it's very cathartic to read.

Yes, that's the ... (struggling to find even a neutral word so I'll just say being). Despite all the contradictory comments she gets, she ignores most of them, smug in the knowledge that the centers of power--the courts, the police, hospitals...--agree with her.