F

Final_frontier

Student
Feb 23, 2019
Is this a good alternative to ctb to become free from anxiety/depression?

Reactions: Lennox and Baskol1
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
If you're a devout Buddhist it might be.

Reactions: FoxtrotOscar and Baskol1
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
I think if you were devoted to such a path it might work to create a new life for you, but it probably depends on the individual and the circumstances of why they wish to die.

I considered options such as this, and living out in the wilds somewhere, but I realized that I'm in pain just existing in this state and just being somewhere else wouldn't solve it. It needs to end.

If you're going to CTB anyway might as well give it a try if you think it'll help, but like the rest of life I doubt the path will be easy.

C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Well, you could to joining to a circus, besides you can travel all around the world.

Reactions: Strumgewehr
C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Anything to distract and delude the mind is a good solution to suicide prevention, if that's what you're into.

Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I actually thought about this for myself too but I'm not an US citizen and for the rest of us in the world it's hard to get visas to other countries, not to mention to be permitted to live forever in other countries and if I'm serious about this monastery thing I'd have to move to ground zero for this religion and I don't think they have any special visas for those wishing to join monastery.

FoxtrotOscar

FoxtrotOscar

Nov 13, 2018
Anything to distract and delude the mind is a good solution to suicide prevention, if that's what you're into.
From a Buddhist perspective deluding and distracting the mind would be the complete opposite of what you would be doing. Having said it would be important to note that it is often said to those wishing to take the robes that whatever problems you have you will take them with you to the monastery. What the monastery will do is give you space, practice and support to take them on.