• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Adhd meds fueled stress/depression

• Yes

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Depends…explain your answer if you can

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
They haven't done anything, good or bad. I'm on lizdexamfetamine

Myauka

Myauka

Nov 5, 2022
Recently stopped taking Prozac + Adderall and my head feels much less foggy, I'm definitely less productive but I'm not sure how it's impacted my stress levels yet.

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Time ago I took lisdexamfetamin and it helped really a lot because i had so much more energy to do my daily work. And because of this my depression was much better.

aladdin

aladdin

Nov 5, 2022
I was prescribed adderall for a period of time and it actually helped a lot with my depression. Made me really happy and super social.

toasterbath

toasterbath

Jun 26, 2022
Worked well for me for a yearish or so and then it just stopped doing its thing and I spiralled into a deep depression

R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
Worked well for me for a yearish or so and then it just stopped doing its thing and I spiralled into a deep depression
Yeah — I can relate— there's that Netflix documentary Take Your Pill— it's so sad how so many people report needing it to work and then aspire for this future point of perfection in where they won't need it anymore— instead of accepting their best without the "pep drug"— supposedly performance can be the same and it may be a perceived improvement smh 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: toasterbath
WaveringLight

WaveringLight

pReTtY cOlOrS
Nov 7, 2022
I took a variety of stimulants (Concerta, Adderall, Vyvanse, Dyanavel) all of which caused me have significant anxiety and irritability, and caused me to become hyperactive no matter how low the dosage (I do not have a problem with hyperactivity, only inattentive, ADD). Later on I found out I had a gene drug interaction to stimulant meds.. Then I moved onto non- stimulants. I took viloxazine which caused me to have suicidal thoughts and did not help. But I've had friends who have really benefitted and have not experienced these side effects.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I'm on adderall now and it seems to help with depression, I stopped taking prozac and buproprione about 8 months ago. I'm more motivated to get things done and less procrastination. I do have adhd.

R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
I'm on adderall now and it seems to help with depression, I stopped taking prozac and buproprione about 8 months ago. I'm more motivated to get things done and less procrastination. I do have adhd.
Ok b careful— sounds like ur in the beginning stages of adhd meds… eventually ull burn out and need the meds to simply get out of bed. :( so… if you're taking adhd meds ull develop a tolerance and then you'll reach a cap you can't go above…

E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
My ADHD meds do mess with my anxiety somewhat when they're working. It's worth it for the added focus they bring, though.

R

Regret

It’s over
Nov 9, 2022
My ADHD meds do mess with my anxiety somewhat when they're working. It's worth it for the added focus they bring, though.
That's the problem though— I'm exchanging being comfortable while working with being stressed out while working because I'm working at a performance level that is unnatural to me to make others proud of my work? Or to be more "efficient"? I'm really trying my best to not have to use adhd meds anymore— I hate the crash when you're coming off them too. Soo cranky and depressing

Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
I've tried a few stimulants currently on vyvanse. When I'm on them it gives me a boost in energy but it adds to my anxiety too. The withdrawal is terrible I was on a higher dose of this one stimulate my psychiatrist decide to stop it for no reason, the crash was horrible I'm not normally a mapper but I was so tired and could barely keep my eyes open even after hours of sleep. It went away in a few days other than that it also effects my Ed which stresses me out

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
Just started to take Adderall for ADHD symptoms, but also am diagnosed with chronic depression and anxiety. The Adderall has definitely helped with the ADHD, and has even lessen my anxiety. (My primary care physician was afraid to put me on stimulants because he was positive it would make the anxiety worse. ) However, the depression feelings have increased. So while I have more energy and focus, I'm constantly having negative thoughts and no happiness in my life.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Went back to Adderall, Vayanse too expensive. But CVS is has the same delay filling prescriptions. So trying to stay awake and doing things until I get it refilled. Highflight55 - same experience myself.