• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M

March 14, 2018.

That was the day that this community was founded. The same day that the /r/sanctionedsuicide and /r/truesanctionedsuicide subreddits were banned. We opened up this forum to be a refuge for those that have been affected by the those bans. Not too much planning went into it. At the time the tech censorship of Reddit was rising. I brought up the idea to start this forum and the plan was set into motion. We asked the staff of SS and TrueSS subreddits if they wanted to be moderators. Some of them agreed to do so. We had the resources for it: The money, domain, hosting, forum software, and staff. The rest was history. The rules were made with the assistance of the staff. We had a very nice member compile a list of resources that is helpful to the community which is the same list that we have stickied to this day. Shortly after, we set up a shoutbox, which eventually turned into a chatroom. We also have added many other features to the forum as well.

The main reason to start this forum is because we didn't want to see this community fall apart after the ban of the subreddit. I personally was a lurker of the SanctionedSuicide subreddit for a while and I was very disappointed to see that Reddit censored yet another community that I used to visit. Another subreddit could have been created, but it would have been quarantined or banned. We quickly realized that Reddit was becoming a place where controversial opinions and groups get censored and removed. There has been numerous amounts of subreddits that have been either banned or quarantined by Reddit for either a made up reason or no reason at all. Some people cheer for this censorship, but we do not. I know that censorship always to more censorship and it will never stop until there's nothing left to censor. I didn't want to see the communities that i frequented sunk by corporate censorship.

Some people may be unconformable with this considering the media coverage surrounding the topic, but an incel website was founded in 2017, for the same reason than SS, which is the creeping censorship on the web. I speak for many here I know when I say I believe in the right to die and didn't want to see this community split between Discord servers and a bunch of alternative websites. We spoke about helping to censorship-proof the community and the site just came online. I sent him an email at the time detailing my skills and my experience in System Administration. I also had experience in doing PR/Marketing and other skills that are valuable to running a website/community. I set up a virtual private server and the forum was up and running with little issue.

We also founded a forum in late 2018 called Looksmax that focuses on self improvement through mental, social, or physical means. We also maintain a wiki to help people understand manosphere vocabulary and concepts, and a few other projects that we've started but we have shelved for now to focus on the community. We had the knowledge on how to find censorship-free domain registrars and hosting companies that support freedom of speech and we wanted Sanctioned Suicide to have that same level of protection.

A journalist emailed me and asked to confirm if we owned other websites apart from SanctionedSuicide, so the answer to that question is Yes, although it was never a secret. My intention here was to clear the air as we feel that a news agency is preparing to attempt to smear us with some false allegations for owning this website and others. There is nothing malicious going on behind the scenes. I wanted to make sure I could get this out before the media did another smear job against this community. I really want this to end. I don't want our members in constant fear about the state of this community, about associations to other groups, or anything else. Everyone here is already suffering enough; We don't want to add to that.

We are glad that we have been able to keep this community up and running for almost a year and a half. I want to take the time to thank every single one of you for sticking with us through all of this, as we really do care for the members of this community and without you all this place wouldn't exist. We feel that we have done a very good job running it so far. We really do appreciate the support and we will continue to fight for you all to speak freely no matter what. This community means the world to us.

If you have any questions for us you can PM us.

Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: BobMorane, BeautifulMosaics and it's_all_a_game
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Wow thank you for being so transparent for us Marquis! I'm glad the community has somebody like you watching our back and keeping the truth known.

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Having just discovered the place, its interesting to read about its origins.

I think you have done a great job in hosting somewhere people can come together to discuss matters that effect their daily lives in major ways. Long may it continue to thrive.

Reactions: Boonks, not-2-b-the-answer, Kikoo Loool and 7 others
stillwoozy

stillwoozy

May 28, 2019
This is very interesting! Thank you!

Reactions: Ruffian, not-2-b-the-answer, Kikoo Loool and 6 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Interesting, I didn't know about this. I always asked myself how this website came into existence. Thanks for the clarification. I probably don't agree that much with the content of the other websites - but that doesn't really matter. I don't care about that. I only care about sanctioned-suicide and I'm glad we have this space. And it's clear to me that this place was created with good intentions and that's important - nothing else. So many people depend on this website and I hope it will stay up for a very long time. The staff is doing a great job keeping this forum alive and that's what matters to me. Suicidal people deserve a platform. I appreciate and support the existence of sanctioned-suicide.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
Thanks guys.

When SS and TSS were banned I was truly lost.

You've have done and are still doing a really good job.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Kikoo Loool, AnnihilatedAnna and 4 others
Faraway1990

Faraway1990

Student
Jun 2, 2019
I'm new to this community and I probably won't be here long but I appreciate what you have made here, I've already made a couple friends and found people I can talk to. Priceless thank you

• Hugs
Reactions: Ruffian, not-2-b-the-answer, Kikoo Loool and 9 others
Umbra

Umbra

Trans Girl
Mar 15, 2019
I was here before even knowing of those subreddits. What seperated r/ss from r/tss?

Reactions: Kikoo Loool and Faraway1990
O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
I appreciate the forum here and the effort that goes into it. While I do believe places like this should exist if i'm being honest even if I knew how I dont think I would have it in me to do it myself. I appreciate the effort and I appreciate this community. It has been a great help to me.

Truth be told I dont know enough about these other communities to form a real opinion. I admit that probably my judgment lept to quickly based on what I heard about the incel community. I see now as a member of this community how easily the media can spin something and as such have decided I have no place to judge a community I have never been a part of.

Truth is it just does not matter anyway - you are making the effort to maintain SS, be transparent and anything I have ever seen come from you seems thoughtful and empathetic. I for one am grateful for your efforts and appreciate the opportunity to check my own biases.

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: GlowingCactus, DoneWithThis, BaconCheeseburger and 5 others
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Honestly I wound have no way to talk about my issues. I NEED this community it is my only outlet and it is free of judgement. All the staff does a great job with trolls etc as well. I need this place bottom line. Thank you for this community.

Reactions: Boonks, Mainlænder, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Thank you for this post @Marquis. Also I appreciate your efforts in protecting our community and fighting back against the people who tried to drag our platform across the mud, especially those who misrepresent what this community and forum stands for.

• Love
Reactions: Mainlænder, BaconCheeseburger, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Oof I can't stand Joe Rogan lol
I love that guy, he talks anything and everything, including DMT elves, to talking to Doctor Phil. LOL

• Love
Reactions: MartEU, WinterIsComing, Kikoo Loool and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I love that guy, he talks anything and everything, including DMT elves, to talking to Doctor Phil. LOL
But I hate Dr.Phil too lmao!

I have no idea what a DMT elf is

Reactions: AutumnEmbers
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
They are elves that people see while on a the most powerful psychedelic known to man which gives out of body experiences. Joe has done the shit. It's crazy. That is the real story they should be covering. Stupid media journalists. I'm half joking of course......

• Wow
Reactions: LastFlowers
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
We're still talking about it. It's still on hold for the moment.

Thank you for the support!

Could you explain to me what the thought process here is?
I just don't see any positive sides to it whatsoever so I am just really curious

Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson and Steven Crowder are my spirit animals

FrankieMay

FrankieMay

May 21, 2019
You guys are doing a great job so thank you!
This place showed me that im not alone and it's kept me going for the sake of my family so thanks

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Marquis and thishappened
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Could you explain to me what the thought process here is?
I just don't see any positive sides to it whatsoever so I am just really curious

Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson and Steven Crowder are my spirit animals
Welp lol
My spirt animal is pretty much anything that's not them.
Perhaps the dead fly I saw on the windshield the other day.

To each their own spirit animal, cheers~ :devil:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Boonks, Ldog9, Partial-Elf and 5 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018

Same. His videos about drug use/abuse are great because he talks about this topic with scientists who studied this subject. When it comes to transgender athletes - which seems to be his new stick, not so much. He literally spreads wrong information about transgender people and the impact their transition has on these individuals. Which results in even more hate and rejection. I wish he would talk about this subject to experts and not right-wing guests who have simply no idea about biology and endocrinology. The fearmongering about the 0.04% is simply unfounded and I wish it would stop. Everytime I see people talking about transgender people, it turns into politics. I don't want to be politicized. I just want to live my life in peace.

• Love
Reactions: GlowingCactus, 「 」, inconsequential and 6 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Same. His videos about drug use/abuse are great because he talks about this topic with scientists who studied this subject. When it comes to transgender athletes - which seems to be his new stick, not so much. He literally spreads wrong information about transgender people and the impact their transition has on these individuals. Which results in even more hate and rejection. I wish he would talk about this subject to experts and not right-wing guests who have simply no idea about biology and endocrinology. The fearmongering about the 0.04% is simply unfounded and I wish it would stop. Everytime I see people talking about transgender people, it turns into politics. I don't want to be politicized. I just want to live my life in peace.
I watched one video where the ignorance was shown through the inability to comprehend that an orgasm during a sexual assault doesn't mean the person "liked it."
That's when I knew I was done.

(Or has not everyone watched SVU?)

And that was tame compared to everything else I heard come out of their mouths.

I sympathize with the trans community very much, as someone who feels trapped by their own body for different reasons.
And as someone who looks in the mirror, seeing things that don't match the mind that is in the body.
I regret that you have to experience such a disturbance of peace just for existing.

I know all these topics in his videos are more than black and white, opposing opinions are good to listen to, and nuance is appreciated, but I tap out when the conversation becomes nauseating and mind-numbingly nearsighted.

• Love
Reactions: Rocksandsand, inconsequential, Soul and 4 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
How may I support the website and community?

Reactions: Circles and thishappened
pepalisboa13

pepalisboa13

That's just me
Jun 3, 2019
Thanks guys.

When SS and TSS were banned I was truly lost.

You've have done and are still doing a really good job.
I am new here, whats SS and TSS?

Reactions: Circles
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
Got curious and against my better judgment I went and took a look at the .co. Not quite sure how to feel. Some of it is pretty concerning.
A lot of people would probably say the same after looking at this site !

Reactions: GlowingCactus, 「 」, VeraEllen and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I am new here, whats SS and TSS?

They're referring to the Reddit sites called R/sanctionedsuicide and R/truesanctionedsuicide, which were banned, creating the need for this forum.

Don't worry one bit. My brothers down there are just LDARing.9

Your turn, @First loss! What's LDAR?
Loving the Daughters of the American Revolution ... nah ... Letting down absolutely reverybody ... not likely .... Laughing deeply and realistically ... Give a soul a break, @First loss!

Reactions: pepalisboa13, nw7, Jinx and 1 other person
pepalisboa13

pepalisboa13

That's just me
Jun 3, 2019
They're referring to the Reddit sites called R/sanctionedsuicide and R/truesanctionedsuicide, which were banned, creating the need for this forum.

Why they were banned?!?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Reactions: pepalisboa13 and Faraway1990
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
I wasn't around for that but I gather reddit eliminated a lot of subfora that were somehow controversial.

Yeah, watchpeopledie has been pulled as well.

Antinous

Antinous

Sep 26, 2018
At the end of the day, it's only you trapped inside your mind.

This should be pinned to the first post of every thread . . . everywhere.

Reactions: Meretlein, HappyEnding, esclava and 1 other person
Antinous

Antinous

Sep 26, 2018
she could have invested her time and commitment to report about the systemic struggles that lead to suicide, instead of reporting about something so insignificant. She could have used her time to give suicidal people a voice, to give us a platform.

Journalism (in the era of the internet) is all about clicks. Free websites make their money from ads, in proportion to the number of people who see the ads. Buzzfeed is notorious for click bait. Analyzing an issue and taking a controversial stand (that might drive away clicks) is a non-starter for them. Attempts to improve society with rational discussion of very difficult issues is very hard to find, and will never be supported by websites that depend on clicks for income.

• Love
Reactions: GlowingCactus, AutumnEmbers, Mainlænder and 9 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Keep up the good work with the site. I've seen some excellent improvements since I've joined.

Reactions: Meretlein and Faraway1990
M

M

Any news on the criminal investigation? @Marquis

For a criminal investigation, I would've thought they would have reached out by now but it looks like they haven't. It's all been media outrage so far.

Reactions: Egddios, GeorgeJL, Kikoo Loool and 6 others
Status
Not open for further replies.