• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AnyWonderBR

Mar 22, 2024
Individuals cannot heal, if society does not heal.

Trauma is not what happens to you (it's traumatic), but what happens inside of you, as a result of what happened to you.

The essence of trauma is feeling godforsaken, cut off from the human race.

The simple truth is that suicide as it is right now (and has been for...many years) is simply a feature and not a bug, in a world built not only exploitation and alienation, but on the promise that you too can escape this..but only in an approved way...and for a grand fee. No matter how many campaigns or messages or whatever, deep down...they ultimately accept suicide, because to change the world...is frightening.

Who needs to change? Profits, exploitation, capitalism, the government, pharmaceutical companies, the mental health industry, the culture, the foundations...all of it must change. We've done our part...but will they "put in the work", as so many therapists love to use that phrase? No, they won't.

Any death, regardless of why and how that death happened, is a defeat for this system, a defeat for a society of consumers, a society of the hoarding of narcissistic vices, destructive, and ultimately concluding in perdition.

Not only that, but to want to tear yourself away from this cloth, is insulting to them, because they feel that you owe them your talents, your worth, your ontological being as it were. You belong to them, a slave among slaves. It's the same reason many are angry at suicide victims.

I frankly am sick of this. I know the platitudes don't help, madness of the mind even. Toleration for evil and suffering. I refuse to participate in that.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I have the luxury of being free enough to say it.. People just scold me then move on with their lives. It's actually kinda freeing..

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
This is just one more very abusive misconception of people who have ZERO clue how it feels to be on the edge.

Various people said it to me.

Absurdly, such ignorant folks are one reason why people actually kill themselves.....

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
voidstar

voidstar

time heals nothing.
Jan 7, 2024
If I had a terminal illness, then I could "safely" bring it up, because we have medical aid in dying in my US state. But other than a terminal illness it could get controversial (but somewhat understandable if you had something like multiple sclerosis). The criteria is broader in Canada and the BeNeLux countries. Sadly, the presumption remains that nobody wants to die unless they are seriously in pain or dying already, or crazy. 🤷‍♂️☹️🤐
In my experience they don't even take multiple sclerosis seriously. Like no, no big deal that you need a cane. No big deal that one half of your body is always numb and you have chronic nerve pain on the other half.
I was only 25 when I was diagnosed and uh, something something life is "great" and shit.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Often times people do speak up lots then get treated as if it's a "boy who cried wolf" scenario, due to this absolutely brilliant public health messaging campaigns that tell everyone that suicidal thoughts are a temporary impulsive crisis no matter what. God forbid that acute crisis happens more than once!

Then, if you're suicidal for months on end, or even years, good luck being taken seriously because it's difficult for anyone to wrap their heads around the idea that those slogans are massively generalisations and suicidality can manifest in various ways, not just the default presentations that they're accustomed to seeing in the media.

I find that this way of thinking stops individuals from feeling equipped to support suicidal people or be there for us in the long term, because they've been trained to hear alarm bells and the word crisis so much, I don't think people realize that sometimes all a person needs is a listening ear rather than an onslaught of acute preventative measures.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature
murderatruemorgue

murderatruemorgue

Feb 17, 2024
I think people who say this miss the point. SI is, like most things, a spectrum, and can be very subjective. (That and yeah, this is an excuse to not take someone's suffering seriously.)

Every person here is going to experience SI differently. Even individuals experience SI differently throughout their lives. It changes depending on our past, our current situations, our future possibilities, who we are as people, what we value, etc.

My first SI situation was when I was in first grade struggling with bullying. That looked very different than on my 21st birthday when I did attempt to CTB. Looked different than today where I've not told anyone IRL, having dealt with the nonsense we call mental healthcare in the US for over two decades knowing it won't really make a difference just get me an a cell.

And that was just one person.

I also don't think that someone having SI and telling someone because a small part of them wants to be convinced otherwise is less significant. I think many of us have been to that point where CTB feels like the only way but desperately hoping that someone will change their mind. Even if that's not where we are right now.

I think SI and CTB is too complex to be forced into a one line soundbite that's repeated by a culture that just wishes to forget it's a problem at all.