• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

P

PriestessOfVenus

Feb 7, 2023
Out of many ancient myths and legends, there is one that keeps fascinating me: the story of ancient Roman noblewoman Lucretia. The legend says that after she became a victim of rape, she was unwilling to go on living in a body which she felt was irreparably defiled, and supposedly she ctb'ed by taking a ritual dagger from her altar and plunging it into her heart. Of course with all tales of such nature, veracity is always questionable, but I still wonder nonetheless. We may never know if Lucretia was a real historical person, much less if she really did ctb in the manner described in the legends about her - but how plausible is it? How realistic is it for someone to ctb by stabbing themself in the heart? It seems obvious that this method would be very painful, require an incredible amount of willpower to overcome SI and likely be slow and agonizing once the stab has been done - but is it still historically plausible, or completely implausible? One factor in favor of plausibility is that in ancient times there were no modern hospital ERs to which ctb attempts would be rushed - while forced-life anti-suicide cultural attitudes could have been just as bad as today or worse, medicine of the day just wasn't advanced enough to "save" ctb attempts that would end up as failures today.

Another factor in the plausibility equation about Lucretia's alleged ctb: Lucretia was female, and most certainly had already developed breasts by the time of her alleged suicide following rape. If you are a woman with breasts seeking to ctb by stabbing yourself in the heart, would you have to stab directly through your left breast, or would a stab just below the breast or in the middle of the cleavage gap be plausibly sufficient?

To be clear, I am not planning to ctb by this method - but given that Lucretia is someone I greatly admire as a legend, an example to be imitated if not in exact detail than at least in general conceptual principle, I am trying to gauge if the canonical story is plausible at all in terms of what an ancient Roman noblewoman could have practically done.

L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
Highly unrealistic.

The force you need to get a blade through your rib cage and into your heart….for 99.99% of people that's just not going to happen.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Stabbing in pre-modern times is not half bad a suicide method because of lack of medical resources to stop serious wounds.

sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Hi.
I have wondered if it was possible to do this but with the blade unmoving, secured, and pushing yourself onto the blade.
Not something I would most probably do. Its a nice thought though.

P

PriestessOfVenus

Feb 7, 2023
Hi.
I have wondered if it was possible to do this but with the blade unmoving, secured, and pushing yourself onto the blade.
Not something I would most probably do. Its a nice thought though.

The notation under your usename says "f/uk ..." - if you are a woman at least hypothetically considering ctb by this method, have you given any thought to the problem of having to potentially stab right through a breast? Or have you researched the topic and determined that one can stab under the breast or in between, without actually stabbing right through? For me personally, I really treasure and love my boobs, hence I am not attracted to any suicide method that would involve damaging the girls in any way until after I am 100% deceased and it's cremation time. The thought of stabbing through a breast really horrifies me, actually - and it is a detail I struggle with as I try to mentally recreate the picture of Lucretia's alleged suicide.

Reactions: sash
sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
The notation under your usename says "f/uk ..." - if you are a woman at least hypothetically considering ctb by this method, have you given any thought to the problem of having to potentially stab right through a breast? Or have you researched the topic and determined that one can stab under the breast or in between, without actually stabbing right through? For me personally, I really treasure and love my boobs, hence I am not attracted to any suicide method that would involve damaging the girls in any way until after I am 100% deceased and it's cremation time. The thought of stabbing through a breast really horrifies me, actually - and it is a detail I struggle with as I try to mentally recreate the picture of Lucretia's alleged suicide.
Hi thanks for replying.
Yes female.
I have heart probs, and chest pain. Going on where that is painful then hypothetically, under my girls, not thru. When I have my pain, it is internal - obvs :) - just above the under side crease at its highest (if that made sense) is where I find myself holding thinking 'is this the one', never is, sigh...
Funny how Im ok w the thought of through the heart, but yes like you, not the girls. The brain is a strange thing eh.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Donald Manes, a Queens NY politician accused of corruption, stabbed himself to death in the heart, this was decades ago

DeathGivesFreedom

DeathGivesFreedom

Life is a choice. Death is my answer.
Jan 19, 2024
I could be wrong as I'm no expert in anatomy, but I could have sworn the heart is at the top of region of the breast/pec. As for the act of stabbing, you would want to locate where your rib bones are and stab in between them. Probably place the blade tip on the spot, overcome SI and plunge away.

Way before learning of this forum, that was going to be my method off and on over the years. SI too stronk!

Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Probably quite difficult. Your ribs might get in the way. More effective, but apparently rather painful, is the Japanese samurai practice of hara kiri.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
Reactions: outrider567