• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
Doesn't death penalty and pro life have directly contradicting premises. If you're pro life you have to assume that there's some innate goodness to life. What happens to these supposed terrible people? What if it's not even their fault that they turned out like that? If life is inherently good then I don't see how anyone could support death penalty.
being pro life doesn't necessarily mean you think life is inherently good. i mean, existentialists can be pro lifers. i can't rly form a good response to ur argument but these are rly two distinct things. a death penalty is given to (ostensibly) serve justice and protect other lives. being pro life is also protecting life. n even if life is inherently good doesn't mean it can't be utilized to do bad things. i mean, food is generally viewed as beneficial but you can also eat too much n fuck yourself over. thats rly the best analogy sorry.
Well there are families who wanted to have the kid and neglected them even more than kids are neglected in a foster home.
i can say this abt anything. well theres highschool dropouts that make more money, even more than doctors. is this a solid argument to quit hs to make more money? or even this: some people don't hit the gym and are still fit, even more than those who hit the gym. is this a solid argument to quit working out to become muscular?

there will always always be exceptions, but the key is to look at the whole picture.

I don't think there is a correlation between not wanting a kid and treating them badly as a result
i cant rly argue anything else if we don't both believe this. if you don't want a kid, the chances of neglecting them are significantly increased. you dont have to intentionally abuse a child to treat them badly.

Last edited:
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am old enough to remember before Roe vs Wade back in the early 70's. Folks who had money went to another country for an abortion if that was what they choose to do and poorer people, for real, either had the kid and put it up for adoption, tried raising the poor kid, what a hellish life for the poor child, or the coat hanger route.

Then along came Roe vs Wade and it was pro-choice for EVERYONE, not just the rich.

I think that @sserafim is 100% correct in the thought aspect of pro-choice.

My side came from 1930's Germany, where abortion was illegal and worse and this is not only America, where I am, but everywhere in the world, choice is just such a fund mantel aspect of a life span period.

Nobody has the right to tell me what to eat, drink, think, ctb anything and I am of the volution that EVERYONE has a basic God given right to choose. Now some after the fact complain and the like, BUT they still had the RIGHT to CHOOSE to begin with.

As a person gets older, I will turn 68 on the 12th of this month, for me it is something that I work on all the time, choice.

Walter

nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
The people restricting abortion access do not care about life, they want to control bodily autonomy of pregnant people. As soon as the baby is born, they lose interest. Republicans oppose expanding healthcare, social services, etc. to support vulnerable kids.

Plus, their policies led to a far greater number of Covid deaths than there should have been. They support the death penalty, and oppose affordable healthcare, which [checks notes] keeps people alive.

It's telling that the only time Republicans care about life is when they're opposing assisted suicide (I don't consider a fetus to be a life). Once again, it's about controlling people's ability to choose.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's not a nice topic to bring up, but we also need to acknowledge the role that ethnocentric movements play in this debate. These groups view themselves in an epic battle against a myriad of forces purportedly threatening the survival of white Christians.

One fanatic was convicted terrorist Eric Rudolph. Though most famous for bombing the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, he was also noted for bombings of abortion clinics and a lesbian nightclub. He identified as Catholic and had reportedly been affiliated with various Christian white supremacist movements, including the Army of God.

(And before you ask, "But isn't pro-life homicide an absurd contradiction?", welcome to the very fun world of trying to get sense out of lunatics.)

In short, a nation with maximum procreation and minimum immigration benefits the cultural might of white Christians. That unfortunately leaves the extremists with a laundry list of mortal foes. For example, LGBT people due to lack of procreation, abortionists for depriving their ethnic army of members and so on.