MeriDeath

MeriDeath

Im on the edge of reality
May 10, 2020
So a young man here (27)
Sued both health care services and the hospital he was born in for not terminating the pregnancy of his mother while he was still a fetus. He suffers cerebral palsy mental retardation and schizophrenia, this is one of the highest compensations ever ruled in the area of medical malpractice.
He claims the doctors completely ignored the high risk of a genetic syndrome from which he suffered and the shocks that were discovered when he was a fetus. When his parents were advised to terminate the pregnancy the doctors did nothing to promote it or prevent a chance of a premature birth, therefore they are also accused of medical negligence.

I dunno if this money can help him really since money can't cure your mental diseases. But it sure can make your life turn upside down. one way or another I'm really jealous. What do you think? I'd still prefer to get aborted than live life with such a horrible terrible condition.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Initiated, Caspers and 10 others
OminousVaL

OminousVaL

VaL
Jul 31, 2020
I think that is very interesting and a scenario like that has not crossed my mind before. While I have nothing insightful to add to the topic I would love to hear more or similar stories if any.

Reactions: sadworld
D

death becomes her

Jul 3, 2020
Hey Merideath, thanks for sharing! Do you have a link to the story?

I remember the story of the guy who sued his parents for giving birth to him, just because haha.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας, sadworld, woxihuanni and 1 other person
K

Kruger

Arcanist
Dec 26, 2019
So a young man here (27)
Sued both health care services and the hospital he was born in for not terminating the pregnancy of his mother while he was still a fetus. He suffers cerebral palsy mental retardation and schizophrenia, this is one of the highest compensations ever ruled in the area of medical malpractice.
He claims the doctors completely ignored the high risk of a genetic syndrome from which he suffered and the shocks that were discovered when he was a fetus. When his parents were advised to terminate the pregnancy the doctors did nothing to promote it or prevent a chance of a premature birth, therefore they are also accused of medical negligence.

I dunno if this money can help him really since money can't cure your mental diseases. But it sure can make your life turn upside down. one way or another I'm really jealous. What do you think? I'd still prefer to get aborted than live life with such a horrible terrible condition.
Would you have a link for this story, i'd be interested in reading it

timetofly

timetofly

Student
Aug 8, 2020
I'd still prefer to get aborted
well, if only we were asked... I'd prefer not to be born too, but as I'm here, alive, such a sum would really help, while not cure me, but I'd at least try to live as I want to. Maybe even get a taste of what happiness is.

Reactions: sadworld and SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I remember the story of the guy who sued his parents for giving birth to him, just because haha.
I'd sue both of mine if only it was possible
f03.jpg

Reactions: Umbrellaterm and sadworld
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Surprised justice and law ever coincided.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
That's a nice story. I wish I could do that aswell lol

Reactions: Aurora, SmellyRat, woxihuanni and 1 other person