C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I 'm definately going to hell, don't worry me though. me and the devil, we'd get along just fine, we could be partners in crime :devil:

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If this universe was created, then whoever created it IS the devil.
ctb is a way out of hell, not a ticket to it.
Most of what we're told is a lie or inversion of the truth to get us to stay so we can contribute to the madness.
Personally, I would say the burden of proof is on the proponents of the idea.

... but I don't see them rushing off to validate their theories.
I'm not sure how they could ever be validated though?
We're talking about subjective experiences, which can't be verified from the inside by an external observer.
We can't even 'prove' that other minds (i.e. localized fields of conscious awareness) exist other than our own, we have to go by neural correlates, external behavior etc.

Last edited:
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Funny, considering how most people who die temporarily report heavenly visions, or at least pleasurable experiences.

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
I have dreamed of hell on more than one occasion. I have also walked down the street in a dream and had a very lengthy and interesting conversation with god. I don't hold belief or have a particularly rich religious background, but I still hold a fascination with the subject. I wouldn't say I'm a believer and I don't have strong opinions on the subject. I suppose I'm a bit agnostic.

With this as context and without meaning to get into a theology debate, the idea of eternal suffering is an unusually cruel notion to the point that I would struggle to believe in it. I think that a god, christian or otherwise, would probably have a little more insight into his subjects rather than "believe or suffer". There is a lot of ambiguity in life for a human being. The lines only blur more with age, too. Despite what our identity issues, our politics, our flags and our tribes tell you, our existence is mostly grey.

If you consider this and consider that a diety would be supremely intelligent and/or wise and/or perceptive, it seems kind of ridiculous that the game would be, "have faith and follow my doctrine, as it is written in a dusty tome thousands of years ago with no direct or understandable influence from me in the interim or you will be tortured in unimaginable ways for the rest of time!" It sort of just seems like something I would come up with in a playground at aged 10 to get people to do what I want, no?

This is without getting into the moral implications of a biblical god demanding your fear and devotion or you will be cast down to be ripped apart for eternity. It isn't cohesive with my understanding of morals and just seems all a bit juvenile.

So, to come full circle, I think that the human imagination is an extremely powerful tool. I don't put very much stock in these end-of-life daydreams or hallucinations, because I can and have dreamed the same things in my regular life. In addition to this, the thought that goes behind a notion of hell is silly. Lastly, you would think that a god would have better infrastructure in place so that some random lady can't temporarily crossover to hell or otherwise. Doesn't satan have paperwork anyway?

Reactions: win32 and esse_est_percipi
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
People who dies and come back and say they saw heaven or hell is a hallucination from the chemical DMT (Dimethyltryptamine ) that gets released before death and I bet most of these people were religious or at least agnostic so they saw what they believed to be true.

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
i'd deserve it so it's fair enough at this point. i'd hope it's just a hallucination though.

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
There is no such thing as heaven and hell.

E

ElPaso

Oct 25, 2020
That's horrible.

She must have been living my life.

AJ95

AJ95

24/7 sylvia plath
Sep 3, 2020
Spooky.

Obviously none of us know for sure what's on the other side, I just really hope that whatever it is, whether it's nothingness or an afterlife, that it's not more suffering. I've suffered enough here.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I lack the fucks to give about this kind of thing, if some satanic being wants to cock and ball torture me with fists made of lava for all eternity it can go ahead I just don't wanna sit my next set of exams

• Love
Reactions: woxihuanni