• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

imtryingmybest

i'm so tired
Jan 22, 2023
I just want to share something that I have started doing that has helped me a lot recently, hopefully it (or the ideas behind it) will help some of y'all

basically, i go lay down in the shower with the lights off, and i just let myself think about whatever. I do this when I'm feeling any extreme emotion, usually anger or sadness, or thinking about unpleasant memories. I think often times, we try to push it away these unpleasant feelings/memories, which makes them simmer and get worse over time. the idea is that laying down in the shower gives me a space to think of anything, feel anything, and it's in a controlled space. It's also useful if you are having a hard time getting yourself to do something you need to do. You'll really have to find something that works for you, like going for a walk, sitting in a rocking chair, etc.. What i've noticed is that since i've started doing this, these thoughts have been less intrusive when I am doing other stuff.

anyways, i hope this helps, and if anyone has stuff to add or anything you agree/disagree with i'd love to hear what you have to say

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
My way of coping is by venting on here or Reddit. But that got me banned from Reddit. Sigh. Anal fuckers

• Yay!
Reactions: Bardo
I

imtryingmybest

i'm so tired
Jan 22, 2023
My way of coping is by venting on here or Reddit. But that got me banned from Reddit. Sigh. Anal fuckers
Venting helps, but often times for me, writing it out causes me to lose much of what i'm thinking. i'm glad it works for you though

• Love
Reactions: Endex and jodes2
W

whittleDaWood

Jan 23, 2023
Does anyone here workout? Even basic body weight calisthenics is really helpful for clearing your mind. Just a few pushups, even just 1, can release endorphions making you feel better, slowing down and stopping the negative inner monologue plaguing so many of you. Situps/crunches, and pullups on cheap doorway pullup bar is good too.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Does anyone here workout? Even basic body weight calisthenics is really helpful for clearing your mind. Just a few pushups, even just 1, can release endorphions making you feel better, slowing down and stopping the negative inner monologue plaguing so many of you. Situps/crunches, and pullups on cheap doorway pullup bar is good too.
Even just going for a walk, really. The "go for a walk" meme is silly and dismissive, but there is something to it. It's not gonna cure your depression or anxiety, or any other illness you might be dealing with, but it can help you clear your thoughts and feel at least a bit better physically. It won't solve your problems, whatever those might be, but it can help you see things in a different light.