C

catmanandrobin

Jul 25, 2024
So to sum up my theory simply: there is no such thing as nothing, or perfection, which is why there are these vibrations within the "canvas of our universe" (similar to string theory but with a why). A result of these vibrations is the emergence of sub atomic particles that have come to create the laws of nature that birthed our universe eventually leading to the now. The present moment is the only thing that truly exists, and we are simply riding the waves of these vibrations.
thoughts?

Reactions: vagabond_concerto, Forever Sleep and CTB Dream
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
How long does the present moment take?

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Describing "nothing" as "perfection" is subjective opinion. Not saying it isn't, but others would disagree with it. And what happens to the concept of "zero" with your hypothesis? If I have an empty Nembutal bottle sitting on the counter, is it not true that nothing is in it? Well, except for air, but certainly not what I'd like to be in it, anyway. So, nothing in this instance is definitely not perfection, at least in my eyes. But, then again, in other people's eyes, having that empty Nembutal bottle sitting there might be perfection, because they know it won't be able to kill their loved ones. It's all subjective.

Nothing is a real thing, and nothingness, too. At least I hope it is.

O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Pointless sophism. Can your theory accurately make any real world predictions? If not, then it's about as good as any philosophical theory of elements the Greeks came up with 2500 years ago, just with some flavor derived from modern ideas. You can call it a pretty bit of prose, but unifying theory of everything is a comical overreach.

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat and QteStimBnnuy
BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Aug 29, 2024
How long does the present moment take?
I don't know, but the present moment takes longer time to pass for flies than us apparently maybe.

And then also something about space travel, atomic clocks, and how time itself gets all sorts of fucked up: