• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I didn't know her, but I'm well aware that all of us at least knew of her. She's all over Fox News.

I just wanna say that I don't wish this pain upon anyone, and I want her mother to understand that we, as a group or individuals, did not lead her beautiful daughter to depression, we did not find her on the internet and trick her into signing up for this community. We did not give her the idea of suicide. It takes a deep kind of suffering to even come across this forum. We merely accepted her as she came and supported whatever decision she came here to talk about making, which unfortunately, wasn't keeping her life.

My apology offers no solace but it's all I have.

Today is her funeral service, that's why I'm making this post. I hope the pain of this loss becomes bearable sooner than later.

I hate to say it, but at least she's not hurting anymore.. cheers for our girl. Much love and respect. I hope you're enjoying Heaven.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover, AutumnEmbers and 15 others
Robbyna

Robbyna

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Could you post a link to the article in Fox News? I couldn't find it.

Reactions: Circles and sunny.sativa
Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
With all due respect
I've seen tens of ppl in this website alone that probably killed themsleves
But obviously none became (mini) famous for it
Reading the comments of the family members show how little fuck the media and all involved in this crusade actually know the person not that they didn't care so much as that they aren't able to offer real asistence because society in general dont deal with these kind of matters whatever such a person is going through is ffs even inexpressible in our words because these kind of expiriences are rejected so no vocalubary for these "unworthy" feelings and sensations there were many people that found method online to cbt with less panic only no one became aware that they planned it with information online
And reading the quotes made me relize the amount of ignoronace of those who uttered them they express exactly that generic prespective of seeing what someone who cbt make those around him/her see only to project normal behavior even though inside going through hell
What i am saying it is easy making a huge story over a dead body but don't insult the many many more who may or have already ended like her
And disregard all that suffering by making a bigger drama with the end of this suffering
Imagine what if this escalates more , measures may be taken against some methods and for what? I tell you for what it is easier to live with the idea that there is another human out there which suffering one cannot fathom rather then another human killed himself hence life has less demand

Last edited:
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, AngelGirl, jake3d and 7 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
I agree, she seemed wonderful even if I never personally met her and I still feel sympathy for her, only sympathy for her family and friends who demonized us waved with the passing days. If anything, it was grim reminder that we truly lack a choice, that society wants us to live suffering and that we are wrong from wanting out from a life we never asked for in the first place. As Sunny said, we should be glad she's not in pain anymore and respect her choices.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover, AutumnEmbers and 8 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I agree, she seemed wonderful even id I never personally met her and I still feel sympathy for her, only sympathy for her family and friends who demonized us wabed with the passing days. If anything, it was grim reminder that we truly lack a choice, that society wants us to live suffering and that we are wrong from wanting out from a life we never asked for in the first place. As sunny said, we should be glad she's not in pain anymore and respect her choices.

They treat her like she was their property or she was like 12 years old... Nah, she was a 25 year old woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smashingairwaves, foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover and 9 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The news media are indeed demonizing this platform and it is a shame that even in that state (Pennsylvania) they are still focusing on trying to "prevent" suicide rather than trying to fix what causes and pushes a person to suicide. In my eyes, fixing the root causes is much more effective than just addressing the symptoms. It's 2019 and the news media, government and society keeps pushing this suicide prevention bullshit (anti-choice) movement while ignoring the causes that put people in situations in which they see suicide as a way out. I also strongly disagree with how her family wanted donations to fund the suicide prevention organization (anti-choice organization) nationwide rather than focusing efforts on making society a better place so less people would be inclined to suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Smashingairwaves, AngelOfDeath01, foreverbroken28 and 11 others
Rex2019

Rex2019

Can't wait for the summer
Feb 23, 2019
With all due respect
I've seen tens of ppl in this website alone that probably killed themsleves
But obviously none became (mini) famous for it
Reading the comments of the family members show how little fuck the media and all involved in this crusade actually know the person not that they didn't care so much as that they aren't able to offer real asistence because society in general dont deal with these kind of matters whatever such a person is going through is ffs even inexpressible in our words because these kind of expiriences are rejected so no vocalubary for these "unworthy" feelings and sensations there were many people that found method online to cbt with less panic only no one became aware that they planned it with information online
And reading the quotes made me relize the amount of ignoronace of those who uttered them they express exactly that generic prespective of seeing what someone who cbt make those around him/her see only to project normal behavior even though inside going through hell
What i am saying it is easy making a huge story over a dead body but don't insult the many many more who may or have already ended like her
And disregard all that suffering by making a bigger drama with the end of this suffering
Imagine what if this escalates more , measures may be taken against some methods and for what? I tell you for what it is easier to live with the idea that there is another human out there which suffering one cannot fathom rather then another human killed himself hence life has less demand

So this article says the coroner was "puzzled" and couldn't figure out the cause of death..... does this mean ctb by SN is not easily detected?

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Circles, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
There is this pervasive and widespread inability to even conceive of suicide. For most, it's not fathomable or reasonable under any circumstances. It just cannot be grasped by the population at large - it's always something preventable, something done on impulse by people who are hurting and not thinking clearly. I resent that mentality, but I have accepted it as a given when dealing with those who don't know what it's like to think about ctb on a regular basis.

In this instance, it is very clear that this girl was determined to end her life, irrespective of what anyone else on here said or did. She was failed by doctors and mental health professionals, not by randoms on a forum who just so happen to feel similarly to her. We all know first-hand how useless and tired the established treatment systems are. So what are we going to do? Say "get help" when the article even acknowledges she couldn't get any? Force her back to the same old tired institutions that don't know how to treat people? It's a no-win situation until we start establishing better (and low threshold) resources for people in pain.

Nonetheless, I do feel terrible for the family and this is why I personally avoid giving advice when it comes to methods. It's just not my place to offer that information up. You want the details, you look it up yourself.

• Love
Rex2019

Rex2019

Can't wait for the summer
Feb 23, 2019
There is this pervasive and widespread inability to even conceive of suicide. For most, it's not fathomable or reasonable under any circumstances. It just cannot be grasped by the population at large - it's always something preventable, something done on impulse by people who are hurting and not thinking clearly. I resent that mentality, but I have accepted it as a given when dealing with those who don't know what it's like to think about ctb on a regular basis.

In this instance, it is very clear that this girl was determined to end her life, irrespective of what anyone else on here said or did. She was failed by doctors and mental health professionals, not by randoms on a forum who just so happen to feel similarly to her. We all know first-hand how useless and tired the established treatment systems are. So what are we going to do? Say "get help" when the article even acknowledges she couldn't get any? Force her back to the same old tired institutions that don't know how to treat people? It's a no-win situation until we start establishing better (and low threshold) resources for people in pain.

Nonetheless, I do feel terrible for the family and this is why I personally avoid giving advice when it comes to methods. It's just not my place to offer that information up. You want the details, you look it up yourself.

tbh people who want to ctb will find a way..if they don't find the info here they would resort to the traditional more painful and unsafe methods. It's just like abortion-if you make it illegal, people who want it move to the back alley and just suffer more painful and more unsafe methods. The truth is someone commits suicide because they want a way out not because a method was given. When we give animals and even criminals humane painless ways of dying, why can;t we who have one the world no wrong and want to exit be allowed to find painless ways of exiting our lives?

• Love
Reactions: Smashingairwaves, foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover and 7 others
Bulletwbttrflywings

Bulletwbttrflywings

My soul is awakened... and I’m f*cked
May 29, 2019
This is the news article that led me here... I know that distinction between the push and pull... sometimes the pain is too unbearable. I do believe they demonized this site though...

Reactions: foreverbroken28, Circles and Severen
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
tbh people who want to ctb will find a way..if they don't find the info here they would resort to the traditional more painful and unsafe methods. It's just like abortion-if you make it illegal, people who want it move to the back alley and just suffer more painful and more unsafe methods. The truth is someone commits suicide because they want a way out not because a method was given. When we give animals and even criminals humane painless ways of dying, why can;t we who have one the world no wrong and want to exit be allowed to find painless ways of exiting our lives?
I fully understand that and agree with it in theory - but I want to stay on the right side of the law. From the day I signed up here I could tell some people were potentially flirting with danger with regards to legal ramifications, and my first thought was fuck that - not worth it to me.

Anyway, what I hate too is this notion of "we're a cult" on SS despite the fact we don't know each other and are all hurting. Any one of us could be next week's Shawn. But we're not human in the eyes of everyday people in the real world. We are evil, nameless beings. And of course it's tempting to be like "the internet did it!" but we are not qualified or responsible for another person's treatment. Hence my comment about the piss-poor treatment she must have received IRL. And yet, I bet all those worthless therapists out there sleep just fine every night.

Last edited:
Reactions: foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover, Circles and 8 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Fuck the media and the system. Now everyone will talk about the suicide and demonize the forum and the suffering people. Fuck this world.

The fuckers don't even give a fuck about the suffering of her. Do they understand how BIG is the suffering that leads someone to suicide? And what causes this none other than this shitty life including them and their shitty systems.

• Hugs
Reactions: foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover, Circles and 5 others
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
So this article says the coroner was "puzzled" and couldn't figure out the cause of death..... does this mean ctb by SN is not easily detected?
Oooo that's good info... thanks for sharing this. Made the method slightly more favorable in my eyes.
This led me to thinking that maybe family wouldn't be so hurt if they didn't know it was suicide.

Reactions: AngelGirl
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I didn't know her, but I'm well aware that all of us at least knew of her. She's all over Fox News.

I just wanna say that I don't wish this pain upon anyone, and I want her mother to understand that we, as a group or individuals, did not lead her beautiful daughter to depression, we did not find her on the internet and trick her into signing up for this community. We did not give her the idea of suicide. It takes a deep kind of suffering to even come across this forum. We merely accepted her as she came and supported whatever decision she came here to talk about making, which unfortunately, wasn't keeping her life.

My apology offers no solace but it's all I have.

Today is her funeral service, that's why I'm making this post. I hope the pain of this loss becomes bearable sooner than later.

I hate to say it, but at least she's not hurting anymore.. cheers for our girl. Much love and respect. I hope you're enjoying Heaven.
The part that pissed me off the most is not only the "article" itself but the insensitive ass hole who had the audacity to ask a grieving family member "did your daughters death hurt"
Feel like it should be common fucking sense to show SOME amount of respect and that showed zero. Fuck that guy. I don't remember who asked but fuck you. That's probably what theyre the most hurt about too

Reactions: foreverbroken28, Oblivion Lover, Circles and 3 others
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
The part that pissed me off the most is not only the "article" itself but the insensitive ass hole who had the audacity to ask a grieving family member "did your daughters death hurt"
Feel like it should be common fucking sense to show SOME amount of respect and that showed zero. Fuck that guy. I don't remember who asked but fuck you. That's probably what theyre the most hurt about too
I haven't kept up on the article, tbh, it's not a huge ordeal in my state, and I don't watch the news. If I saw this, I'd be pissed about it, too. What an idiot.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover and Circles
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I agree with you. It's a sad and unfortunate thing that her life came to an end because she had been suffering so much, and I understand the grieving family, but at least she is not in pain anymore. Shifting the blame on this website is not gonna help anyone, but I suppose they have to blame something.

Reactions: Circles and sunny.sativa
DepressionsAHo

DepressionsAHo

Heaven gained a new ho
Feb 15, 2019
I haven't kept up on the article, tbh, it's not a huge ordeal in my state, and I don't watch the news. If I saw this, I'd be pissed about it, too. What an idiot.
It was a guy on here too. When I saw the comment I was busy doing something but had I not been I woulda tore into him

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, AutumnEmbers and 2 others
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I agree with you. It's a sad and unfortunate thing that her life came to an end because she had been suffering so much, and I understand the grieving family, but at least she is not in pain anymore. Shifting the blame on this website is not gonna help anyone, but I suppose they have to blame something.
They SHOULD be blaming the real reasons behind her suicide. Depression and perhaps OBVIOUS neglect to ensure her wellbeing. If they had asked how she'd been doing and invested in her mental stability, despite the countless "I'm fine"s over the alleged YEARS she'd been struggling, this could have been prevented.

Reactions: Circles
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
They SHOULD be blaming the real reasons behind her suicide. Depression and perhaps OBVIOUS neglect to ensure her wellbeing. If they had asked how she'd been doing and invested in her mental stability, despite the countless "I'm fine"s over the alleged YEARS she'd been struggling, this could have been prevented.
Yeah, although I'm not sure if it could've been prevented. This hits close to home. My mom is supportive and asks everyday how I'm doing, to which I just reply "fine". She takes me to a psychiatrist every month and she cares. I feel so bad that I'm going to throw all that away and CTB. Sometimes that support is not enough and I feel really guilty. I'm trying to stay for my parents, but I'm not strong enough. I'm not sure if that was the case as well with Kakabushi and her mother.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, AutumnEmbers and 1 other person
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Yeah, although I'm not sure if it could've been prevented. This hits close to home. My mom is supportive and asks everyday how I'm doing, to which I just reply "fine". She takes me to a psychiatrist every month and she cares. I feel so bad that I'm going to throw all that away and CTB. Sometimes that support is not enough and I feel really guilty. I'm trying to stay for my parents, but I'm not strong enough. I'm not sure if that was the case as well with Kakabushi and her mother.
I didn't mean to bring up something so personally emotional. I apologize.

However, I really, truly believe that you should be honest with your mom. About how you feel, I mean. Don't you think she's owed at least that much, after all the effort she exerts? She loves you and, be mad at me, but MAYBE if you tell her what's up, even if it turns into a full-blown breakdown, you'll feel A. THOUSAND. TIMES. BETTER. Maybe your beloved momma can help guide you through the tunnel.

If you don't wanna recover, fine. But at least then, she wouldn't be all puzzled and surprised and emotionally scarred forever. <3

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, fallenknoah and 2 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
I didn't mean to bring up something so personally emotional. I apologize.

However, I really, truly believe that you should be honest with your mom. About how you feel, I mean. Don't you think she's owed at least that much, after all the effort she exerts? She loves you and, be mad at me, but MAYBE if you tell her what's up, even if it turns into a full-blown breakdown, you'll feel A. THOUSAND. TIMES. BETTER. Maybe your beloved momma can help guide you through the tunnel.

If you don't wanna recover, fine. But at least then, she wouldn't be all puzzled and surprised and emotionally scarred forever. <3
I'll try to tell her more about my struggles, though I feel like it won't change much. Thank you for the words, nonetheless :) And yeah, sometimes I feel like I don't want to recover, even though I detest being so miserable. Depression has kind of become a comfort zone for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, TiredHorse and 2 others
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
If only the media and family used this situation to promote more investigations in brain behavior and depression relationship.

Reactions: foreverbroken28 and Circles
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
I'll try to tell her more about my struggles, though I feel like it won't change much. Thank you for the words, nonetheless :) And yeah, sometimes I feel like I don't want to recover, even though I detest being so miserable. Depression has kind of become a comfort zone for me.
It'll feel like that until you experience life without it. Even for just a second. Once you feel that desire to see what tomorrow brings, it's an addiction. Please at least try. Whatcha got to lose? :)

Reactions: Circles, WinterIsComing and Chalken
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
the thing that makes me even sadder is that no one is caring about her privacy .. i mean i dont think she would have wanted to be on tv or on many articles with her pic and all the problems she had .. it sucks tbh but thats just me ):

• Hugs
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
the thing that makes me even sadder is that no one is caring about her privacy .. i mean i dont think she would have wanted to be on tv or on many articles with her pic and all the problems she had .. it sucks tbh but thats just me ):
I agree with you I think its wrong they are blasting her everywhere also. Poor girl :( I know when I go my journal states many times I do not want anything like this to happen, I dont even want a funeral just burn me up and throw me in the trash.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, AutumnEmbers and 2 others
throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
I agree with you I think its wrong they are blasting her everywhere also. Poor girl :( I know when I go my journal states many times I do not want anything like this to happen, I dont even want a funeral just burn me up and throw me in the trash.
same just forget me pls

Reactions: Circles and PatKat
NoOneKnows

NoOneKnows

Specialist
Sep 12, 2018
This. It speaks volumes

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles, Loli and 3 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

Actually ... When the mother appeared here and announced that the woman had died, she didn't say who she was. There was a little quarrel with someone asking who she was, and I said something a lot like "I hope she wasn't uncomfortable or scared at the end". It wasn't a question, nor was it directed at anyone in particular, nor did it say anything about recommending the method, but the way other things are being misconstrued in these reports, it might well be my post they're referring to.

It's really awful that the family's denial and anger are being broadcast like this. It will just add to their remorse when they gain more understanding.

I wish them and their daughter relief and comfort, and compassion, understanding and privacy.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover, Circles and AutumnEmbers
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
Reading that story makes me sick! Does this family really think that shutting down this website will do any good?? I think this website offers a lifeline to many, many suffering people that have been conditioned to NOT speak about suicide for fear of condemnation or Heaven-forbid, commitment against their will. This forum offers a kind compassionate "shoulder" for so many users and is in no way a pro-suicide forum. The people here are less judgmental and more understanding when it comes to suicide, but that in no way means that any of us are trying to force other users to commit suicide. Most people here have already made up their mind about what their plans are, we simply offer a listening ear. So if the family of that poor girl is reading this, just know that in the time that your daughter had left, she received comfort from the people here that she couldn't get from anyone else.

Reactions: a.h, Circles and AutumnEmbers