HillWhereIWillRest

HillWhereIWillRest

Apr 21, 2020
What to do when your psychoanalyst gives you ALL the signs of a love interest but in the end he's just a asshole man?

It wasn't my fantasy. I told several people how he behaved with since November and everybody said that he seemed to like me, that a psychoanalyst would not act like he did.

I trusted him with everything. And he treated me with contempt and rejection. For someone with BPD rejection is death!

I told him that I had fallen in love with him in November, but that I didn't want to fall in love with a psychoanalist. That was a wrong feeling. And he said last Monday it is not wrong. That he wouldn't reject me.

I've been crying since yesterday because he rejected me. I asked if I could hug him, he said no and I hugged him impulsively. He told me to get away from him. He also said that he had a patient waiting. There was no one, he lied!
And I heard that I can't be trusted because I promised to go to him every Monday, but that I really wanted to see him as a man, not as a psychoanalyst.

He was not careful with me. I hadn't thoughts about CTB for months (since November). Now I realize that those who have Borderline will hardly be happy.

I'm devastated. I trusted him so much!
;-;

Last edited:
Rockman

Rockman

Experienced
Feb 9, 2020
Take your money and change payed friend.
When you fall in love with your therapist its time for them to leave typically.
Your behavior was disrespectful straight he said no. Nobody wants do opoosite move when they said no here is my border if you cross it will be much worse. And it happened.

But overall i think its weak therapist if after therapy you still value yourself thru other people wanting you. Take the best from him and learn yourself that you are still the same person with the same value with or without somebody.
I think its pretty easy to control if you are aware of feelings and just simply rationalize that he doing a job and after 5 clock dont give a shit for you. Healthy boundaries are must have base to function properly and see what is ok.

LeavingEarly

LeavingEarly

Experienced
Mar 19, 2022
What to do when your psychoanalyst gives you ALL the signs of a love interest but in the end he's just a asshole man?

It wasn't my fantasy. I told several people how he behaved with since November and everybody said that he seemed to like me, that a psychoanalyst would not act like he did.

I trusted him with everything. And he treated me with contempt and rejection. For someone with BPD rejection is death!

I told him that I had fallen in love with him in November, but that I didn't want to fall in love with a psychoanalist. That was a wrong feeling. And he said last Monday it is not wrong. That he wouldn't reject me.

I've been crying since yesterday because he rejected me. I asked if I could hug him, he said no and I hugged him impulsively. He told me to get away from him. He also said that he had a patient waiting. There was no one, he lied!
And I heard that I can't be trusted because I promised to go to him every Monday, but that I really wanted to see him as a man, not as a psychoanalyst.

He was not careful with me. I hadn't thoughts about CTB for months (since November). Now I realize that those who have Borderline will hardly be happy.

I'm devastated. I trusted him so much!
;-;

Sorry you got your feelings hurt. Maybe it was just a crush and you will be over him soon?