IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
Just another brick in my wall, I don't know, just something that happened I guess, no idea xxx

Reactions: Escargot Shorts
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I was a patient at a clinic and they took what I did and turned into a running joke that went across campus. Thankfully my name wasn't attached to it but just showed how much people can be assholes with people just going about their day. Have you spoken with a lawyer?
I've done stuff in jobs before and it became a running joke, it's part of human nature and they were doing it with other people too. They didn't drop 250K to turn it into an advert on tv to make me feel bad.

There's a difference between people laughing at something funny and them being out to get you.

Reactions: Escargot Shorts
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
there was a argument I had once with another company and they were going to buy this company but that's just another wild guess, Honestly it does seem totally crazy I admit that.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
have you considered confirmation bias though? that all your theories are to throw out the notion of coincidence for words you won't even tell us, as an anonymous person to anonymous people, and look for ways that agree with what you think is going on. i can understand that coming up with an airtight reasoning miiiiiiiiiiiiight help but i actually don't think it will bring you any comfort and it would just cause you more distress.
I agree, it sounds like it's hurt him/her in the ego (psychologically speaking) to the point where they can't even mention it to strangers who don't know each other - even us lot, a bunch of suicidal emotional weaklings.

It can't be suspecting of a crime, the tv ads would make them a huge company, and huge companies bury crimes because it could damage the brand.

Come on dude grow some courage and spill the beans. I promise I will not laugh at you, and if it turns out I think you're right Iwill absolutely tell you and support you. 100% Guaranteed.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I've done stuff in jobs before and it became a running joke, it's part of human nature and they were doing it with other people too. They didn't drop 250K to turn it into an advert on tv to make me feel bad.

There's a difference between people laughing at something funny and them being out to get you.
I don't like people made fun of you. I've never liked that kind of humor.

T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
there was a argument I had once with another company and they were going to buy this company but that's just another wild guess, Honestly it does seem totally crazy I admit that.
Yeah matey you're connecting dots that don't exist - are you bipolar / whatever they call it now - manic/depressive?
I don't like people made fun of you. I've never liked that kind of humor.
Yeah well me too. I used to watch the office with Ricky Gervais in it, and when David Brent did stupid stuff (like when he did the motivational speaking), I had to leave the room because it made ME feel so uncomfortable that he was making a fool of himself and people were laughing at him, it created such feelings of dread in me I couldn't physically stand to see it - it made me feel sick.

Last edited:
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
I mean I like the office and stuff like that.
I really have no idea it sounds similar to what alexit put and I guess that's that.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@IsThisTheEnd?, I believe you. You know what you experienced. You didn't post for opinions or to get validation, you posted to ask if others have been through something similar. I have not, but I don't find your story to be outside the realm of possibility. It's like incredible gaslighting. That said, I'm reminded of something I read in the book In Sheep's Clothing, which is about covert manipulation, which basically said: the point isn't why someone does something like this, you may never know why, the point is recognizing it when it happens.

Doubting yourself and trying to reframe it so that you were in error means that if you're ever gaslighted again, you'll be less likely to trust your own perceptions. You may never make sense of what happened in this incident, but I hope you won't distrust your own awareness. When something is very wrong, it's very wrong. Minimizing it or coming up with an excuse for it doesn't change that, it only changes your ability to trust yourself in the future. I'm really sorry you went through this.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandlooking, Brink and IsThisTheEnd?
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Gaslighting is utterly shit. By the same token though re-inforcing and validating an internalised false dialogue and belief system could be seen as a form of gaslighting, it is after all about controlling the other persons perception of reality.

If you want to privately tell me OP what it was I promise to be honest with you and not tell another living (or dead) soul, ever.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Gaslighting is utterly shit. By the same token though re-inforcing and validating an internalised false dialogue and belief system could be seen as a form of gaslighting, it is after all about controlling the other persons perception of reality.

I felt gaslighted reading this! :pfff: It seems like you're saying the OP is gaslighting themselves, but then after that, if it's about controlling the other person's perception of reality, who's the other person?

Would you be willing to clarify the comment? It really doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Brink
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
I felt gaslighted reading this! :pfff: It seems like you're saying the OP is gaslighting themselves, but then after that, if it's about controlling the other person's perception of reality, who's the other person?

Would you be willing to clarify the comment? It really doesn't make sense to me.
Sorry I meant YOU agreeing with them that they might be right - could be a form of gaslighting by being too agreeable with them rather than making them face the uncomfortable reality that they may be imagining things.

I'm not saying you are a bad person or are trying to manipulate them, but by agreeing with a person that their unlikely interpretation of reality may be true, you may be inadvertently gaslighting them, or perhaps more correctly getting them to gaslight themselves.

Please don't think I'm attacking you, I'm not I agree with a lot of what you're saying - hey now I'm being agreeable, maybe I'm gaslighting myself. Or you. Or OP, or maybe I need a lie down :)

Kind of where the boundaries blur between one psychosis and one rational person into a folie a deux / shared psychosis.

Agreeableness is generally a good trait, until it becomes excessive agreeableness, then it becomes bad.

Like chocolate cake.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Sorry I meant YOU agreeing with them that they might be right - could be a form of gaslighting by being too agreeable with them rather than making them face the uncomfortable reality that they may be imagining things.

I'm not saying you are a bad person or are trying to manipulate them, but by agreeing with a person that their unlikely interpretation of reality may be true, you may be inadvertently gaslighting them, or perhaps more correctly getting them to gaslight themselves.

Please don't think I'm attacking you, I'm not I agree with a lot of what you're saying - hey now I'm being agreeable, maybe I'm gaslighting myself. Or you. Or OP, or maybe I need a lie down :)

Kind of where the boundaries blur between one psychosis and one rational person into a folie a deux / shared psychosis.

Well, you've already questioned the member's rational abilities by asking if they have bipolar disorder, and now you're suggesting I'm delusional or abusive, or that we're having a shared psychosis. Not feeling much friendliness in that, even if you call one matey and tell the other you agree with a lot of what they're saying and throw in a little self-deprecation and a smiley.

Not sure if you've read many of my posts, they provide abundant evidence of my no-bullshit rationality and my good intentions when I make the effort to provide support to other forum members.

Reactions: Lostandlooking and Brink
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Well, you've already questioned the member's rational abilities by asking if they have bipolar disorder, and now you're suggesting I'm delusional or abusive, or that we're having a shared psychosis. Not feeling much friendliness in that, even if you call one matey and tell the other you agree with a lot of what they're saying and throw in a little self-deprecation and a smiley.

Not sure if you've read many of my posts, they provide abundant evidence of my no-bullshit rationality and my good intentions when I make the effort to provide support to other forum members.
No, his beliefs remind me of someone who I know who is bipolar, hence the question.

I'm not accusing you of having a shared psychosis, I'm saying if someone has an irrational belief and someone else agrees with them to spare their feelings, then they have to become part of it, to avoid saying no, this isn't real, in the future, it produces a no-way-out scenario.

I'm also not saying you are delusion or abusive, I'm pointing out that I DO think OP is over-reacting, and that saying to him/her "I believe you" is only going to bolster that belief in his/her head. I'm NOT saying you have an ulterior motive, or that you're a bad person, just saying don't just be agreeable because it might not be the most helpful for him/her.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
No, his beliefs remind me of someone who I know who is bipolar, hence the question.

I'm not accusing you of having a shared psychosis, I'm saying if someone has an irrational belief and someone else agrees with them to spare their feelings, then they have to become part of it, to avoid saying no, this isn't real, in the future, it produces a no-way-out scenario.

I'm also not saying you are delusion or abusive, I'm pointing out that I DO think OP is over-reacting, and that saying to him/her "I believe you" is only going to bolster that belief in his/her head. I'm NOT saying you have an ulterior motive, or that you're a bad person, just saying don't just be agreeable because it might not be the most helpful for him/her.

Well, as I said, there's abundance evidence of my no-bullshit rationality. I never love-bomb nor lie to make people feel better. I am never disingenuous. I say exactly what I think and what I believe.

If you'd don't agree with what I said to the OP, then you don't agree, but that has nothing to do with who I am, what I think, what I believe, or what motivations you assign to me.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Well, as I said, there's abundance evidence of my no-bullshit rationality. I never love-bomb nor lie to make people feel better. I am never disingenuous. I say exactly what I think and what I believe.

If you'd don't agree with what I said to the OP, then you don't agree, but that has nothing to do with who I am, what I think, what I believe, or what motivations you assign to me.
I'm not attacking you, you don't need to be so defensive, my comments were more about how OP might react, not what you were doing.

Chill bro, I'm not your enemy.

I do not dislike you or want to upset you.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm not attacking you, you don't need to be so defensive, my comments were more about how OP might react, not what you were doing.

Chill bro, I'm not your enemy.

I do not dislike you or want to upset you.

Assign whatever mood you choose to my comments. I respect myself, I know myself, I know my intentions, and I choose to stand up for myself.

As for the OP, I assume s/he has the cognitive abilities to interpret the comments I directed to them, to ask should they need clarification, and to accept or reject them.

Take care.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?
T

TheQ22

Enlightened
Aug 17, 2020
Assign whatever mood you choose to my comments. I respect myself, I know myself, I know my intentions, and I choose to stand up for myself.

As for the OP, I assume s/he has the cognitive abilities to interpret the comments I directed to them, to ask should they need clarification, and to accept or reject them.

Take care.
Okay you take care too.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed