TiredHuman

TiredHuman

I can't save myself
Nov 15, 2021
My gf and I have been together for almost 6 months now and I love her more than anyone in this world. I trust her when she tells me the same. But there's this big factor that's bothering me more than I expected: Her ex comitted suicide on december from last year and she's been feeling extremely down since the beginning of the month. I know it's because of that and I'm not mad at it (why would I be mad? That'd make me an asshole), I'm feeling like shit because I can't do anything to help. She doesn't talk to me about it, she keeps saying things are fine and will be fine, but I want to help somehow. She's not being honest with me and she's trying to deal with her pain alone and that hurts so much. I just don't know what to do. I feel so powerless. I've told her plenty of times that she can be open and honest with me about anything... she doesn't trust me? Or she feels like talking about her ex with me would be uncomfortable for me? Or for her? I don't know anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless, Manaaja and MeltedJello
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can imagine it must be painful and frustrating being in this situation. I'm sorry you are going through this. Whatever happens, I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: TiredHuman
cambrai33

cambrai33

Traveller
Nov 3, 2021
My gf and I have been together for almost 6 months now and I love her more than anyone in this world. I trust her when she tells me the same. But there's this big factor that's bothering me more than I expected: Her ex comitted suicide on december from last year and she's been feeling extremely down since the beginning of the month. I know it's because of that and I'm not mad at it (why would I be mad? That'd make me an asshole), I'm feeling like shit because I can't do anything to help. She doesn't talk to me about it, she keeps saying things are fine and will be fine, but I want to help somehow. She's not being honest with me and she's trying to deal with her pain alone and that hurts so much. I just don't know what to do. I feel so powerless. I've told her plenty of times that she can be open and honest with me about anything... she doesn't trust me? Or she feels like talking about her ex with me would be uncomfortable for me? Or for her? I don't know anymore.
Friend, I'm not sure you can help other than by being there and letting her know she can talk to you whever she want to. You sound like a good person who understands a lot about what she's going through, she's lucky to have you

• Love
Reactions: TiredHuman