Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Life is a temporary problem with other temporary problems that will last as long as you live.

• Love
Reactions: demuic, Superdeterminist, 262653 and 1 other person
M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
My response is: 'Define temporary.'

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Superdeterminist

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Life is a temporary problem with other temporary problems that will last as long as you live.
Reminds me: "There is no greater evil than the one which is the root of all other evils." Loosely recalled from The Conspiracy Against the Human Race, a comedy book written by Thomas Ligotti.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, chasedtheWind and Lupgevif
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is the temporary problem that will be resolved by death.

Reactions: Amber1974!!, Superdeterminist and MiseryLovesMyCompany
Deleted member 22624

Deleted member 22624

One foot in the grave
Oct 7, 2020
I HATE HATE HATE this shortsighted, smug, sanctimonious and ignorant platitude that gets thrown out there by so many who then, after saying it or posting it on social media, pat themselves on the back for "caring" and "spreading awareness" blah blah blah. Yet they're the same people I've experienced who either are never available to talk with (even in very vague and careful way so as not to dump on them or make them feel uncomfortable -- something which I've gotten VERY aware and sensitive to over the years after alienating or frightening away so many "friends" by being more open and honest with them. NOT expecting them to solve my issues or even give me advice - although sometimes some advice or feedback would've been appreciated -- but to just LISTEN) or if you do share with them (since another thing these kind of people like to say is "I'm HERE for you" or that dumb meme-like thing about (paraphrased, obviously) "Share this status if you are willing to listen and talk to someone at 2 a.m. if they need somebody or feel suicidal, etc etc) then they disappear on you FAST. These people want to feel like they've 'done something' or 'care' but in reality, they don't want to hear it and they don't want to deal with it beyond sharing on social media.

Well, my issues are life long - the depression, which has only gotten worse as I've aged and my physical health has deteriorated and the same for my anxiety; and my physical health which has never been great since birth but took a total nosedive around 25 (I'm 52 now) and every year I seem to add on at least a couple more illnesses, and the ones I have already get worse. I'm in pain 24/7, I have been unable to build any kind of life, I have no friends, am reliant on others for literally EVERYTHING, and my entire life consists of only doctor appointments, tests, pain and going online and watching movies if I feel I can focus long enough. I don't enjoy anything anymore and I have no quality of life and there's nothing any of the MANY MANY doctors I've seen can do about any of it. I am one of those that gets lots of diseases and conditions and undiagnosable pain but nothing is terminal so I just live in this miserable limbo hell of pain and an empty, pointless life. So this "temporary problem" shit is just that: SHIT. None of my problems are temporary and despite literally decades of doctors and therapies and drugs and my own personal research into supplements or alternative medicine or treatments has helped ONE BIT. So these pro-lifers with no understanding of what it's like to exist this way, nor any practical advice on HOW to make things better/less hellish, nor even the time to JUST LISTEN AND TALK WITH ME or anything can go back to their bubbles with their meaningless words (words they won't remember writing an hour later, anyway).

Apologies for the rant but I really really hate this stupid phrase and it works me up every time I see or read or hear it.
You sound strong to have gotten this far. I'm lucky that my physical pain is intermittent and mild, I think I'd CTB if pain returned anything longer than briefly, I really have had enough, I don't want to rely on people anymore, not while going through that, and being prodded and poked by doctors with no time that don't care, in a system that doesn't care. When I was in hospital for the night last, all night long some poor woman was crying help me again and again. I couldn't get up, but I would have. I worry when I get put in her situation, I want to be gone before then, I hope people I leave behind would realise that everyone has their limit. Sorry you're here, Ophelias *hugs*

Reactions: Meditation guide
fionasparks39

fionasparks39

tired
Apr 15, 2020
I think they have a point but it's still flawed. I believe if we sunk a metric ton of resources into treatment than maybe we could solve the issues plaguing us but the reality is no one is willing to do that. Seriously the next person who says this ask them if they are willing to soak up the cost of hundreds of thousands of dollars in therapy, medication, housing, and treatment just for you. The solution (death)isnt just permanent it is economical and well within the capability of society to provide. The alternative just isnt realistic.

Agreed. I believe that many suicide decisions can be reversed if any of us receive stable incomes and constant mental and physical care. It can also be solved if everyone just agreed to get along instead of pushing on hate. Unfortunately, any and all attempts to do just this have failed ever since humanity thrived. I'd have to say that this permanent solution is very economical and, if i could boldly add, rational. Why take more years to see if the problems resolve themselves when you can take a readily-available permanent solution now?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Not even considering chronic or terminal degenerative illnesses.
Exactly.
When I was in hospital for the night last, all night long some poor woman was crying help me again and again.
I've been that poor woman in the hospital crying help me and not being helped and I've also seen others who are in that situation, elderly people who are brain damaged and can't eat or swallow or walk or anything and are helpless as babies, aside from no nstop pain. That is what awaits me.

Last edited: