• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I might get flak for this post, but I feel that I need to share this with someone. I can't discuss it with my family and friends because they don't know that I'm this suicidal and I don't know how they would react if I told them.

I'm bipolar and get vicious depressive episodes. The last one wore me down completely. I became so tired of life that I started taking potentially, but not necessarily lethal doses of strong alcohol and grinded poppy pods, the latter notoriously difficult to dose and the cause of many deaths. I felt calm and relaxed when I was in the "twilight zone" and didn't know if I would live or die, and tried to convince myself that if I died, it would be an accident and not really my fault. I guess you could call those moments a kind of half-hearted suicide attempts.

At one point I took a stronger dose and was unconscious for at least sixteen hours. I don't know if I was close to fatal respiratory depression, but I'd like to think I was. In any case, when I woke up, I was more ill than I probably ever have been in my whole life. I could barely breathe, had a violent headache, was extremely dizzy and nauseous, couldn't stand up, vomited cascades. It felt as if I was slowly suffocating to death. I was more desperate than I think I've ever been in my whole life and prayed to God on my bare knees that it should end, even though I'm essentially an atheist. This experience has made me somewhat hesitant about exiting and careful about which method to use. I fear the thought of having to go through something similar when I leave.

To get to the point, after those sixteen hours of unconsciousness, a vision had been etched into my mind. It was a vision of a dimly lit and slightly winding path, a bit like a walkway lit by lamps in a park at night. The scene was surrounded by trees and total darkness; I couldn't exactly see the trees, only the silhouette of the foliage. Everything was sort of coloured in pale sepia, like a faded photo from bygone times. There were no tunnels, no bright lights, no people, no entities, nothing but this mystical path. I couldn't see where it led, or I simply didn't think about it. It wasn't a scary or depressing scene, but it was a bit uncanny, because it was unnaturally still and silent. I've included a couple of pictures below which are the closest to my vision that I've been able to find, but they are by no means identical to what I saw.

Path

Path2

Now, I've essentially been an apatheist with a strong leaning towards atheism since I was a child. I know that this most probably was a dream or a hallucination and that I should forget about it, but I simply can't. It pops up in my mind at the most unexpected occasions and I've thought much about what it can mean. It doesn't scare me, but it makes me feel a little bit weird when I see pictures or visit places which resemble my vision, however vaguely. Since I believe that I was close to fatal respiratory depression, it has made me wonder if there might be life after death after all, or at least something in the borderland between life and death. I don't know what to think about this. I think one life is plenty and have no desire for another. If I decide to go to sleep among the stars, I want to sleep in peace. Above all, and this is really superstitious, I don't want to become a lonely shadow haunting the realm of the living.

I wonder if anyone here has had a similar vision, i.e. of a path? If you just think this is superstitious and delusional bullshit, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on why my subconscious mind made me see this particular vision.

Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well here something i had happen to me i nearly died ones not from ctb tho i had a very bad illness my breathing got mess up was exposed to sum thing that slowly mess up my breathing. What happened one night I had to go to the bathroom back then just walking to the bathroom was like running a marathon. Any i got they had done my business but had to sit down just to get my breath back. This night it was not working it got worse it found it harder and harder to breathe my eyesight began to fail i went blind my hearing was going to . And my chest felt like it was on fire and had bad stitch very very painful. Then it all began to go away no more pain no more fighting to breathe i felt all warm and fussy then I noticed i could not feel my heart beating. But i did not panic i felt so happy felt like i was floating away then i knew i was dieing the last of me slipping away. But then sum thing kick in and the pain returned my eyesight and hearing came back to and was back in the bathroom. It took me another half an hour to get back the my bedroom i know what happened my instinct to live kick in was i piss at that . But i know now that dieing not so bad and i no longer so afraid of death any more i hope to one day end back in that place one day one day i will :)

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Hard to speculate on why your mind projected this particular picture. May I just say that the photos you posted are hauntingly beautiful, especially the close up.

When I read your story, the first thing that popped into my head, was how so many people claim they see themselves walking towards a bright light, when they have near death experiences.

So here's my two cents about the whole thing: death is such an abstract concept that our minds literally cannot describe it, or conceive of it, without the help of very concrete images. This imagery is usually based on metaphors. The concept "death" is impossible to understand, but "walking towards a bright light" is something our mind can grasp. In the Western World these figurative images are very much a part of our language and way of interpreting reality. They are shared by all the members of our society. We all understand that walking towards a big shiny light means going to the other side.

In a similar fashion, a road is a metaphor for life: we travel along the path of life, and we come at the end of the road when we die. Maybe that is why your mind conjured up the image of road: you have been taught through language and culture to envision life as a road.

APharmaDestroyedLife

APharmaDestroyedLife

Your RX drugs are likely your real problem
Nov 4, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. They (who ever They are) say that even the most committed atheist will often pray to God when faced with Death.

I am not smart enough to understand any of this. I don't think anyone is.

I believe our perception of time , is simply perception based on the experience of being alive in human form. Time could very well be another dimension , and rather than being linear as we percieve it, it could very well be spherical , and at the moment of death time stops, just as our life force stops, and we continue to exist in the dimension of time. During our moments of dying the earthly images so many people describe could be easily explained as an easing to the transition of what is yet to come.

There are more than 3 dimensions we just can't perceive them in these bodies with these senses. There are more colors than we can see that less "evolved" animals can see. That alone is proof that there is more out there than we know.

It is also believed by scientists that energy can not be created or destroyed , it is in a constant state of changing form. If this is true then whatever happens after your body dies would suggest the energy that animated you continues to change form and exist.

Energy is the 1 constant. It always has been, always will be, it can not be destroyed , it is constantly changing, and it is everywhere.

Most religions of the world describe God as almost the same as scientists explain energy. Einstein believed God could not exist without science, but science could not exist without God.

I think God is everywhere, all the time, and that we are extensions of god, right now we are bound to human form. But if God is Source energy, if God is all the energy in the Universe than maybe life is the Universe becoming aware of itself, maybe we really are all One, and god exists in every atom.

I believe that being a human being may be the cacoon. Would I want to live another life as a human? No. But maybe this body is simply the transition to something better. at least that is what I want to believe.

Last edited:
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Hard to speculate on why your mind projected this particular picture. May I just say that the photos you posted are hauntingly beautiful, especially the close up.

When I read your story, the first thing that popped into my head, was how so many people claim they see themselves walking towards a bright light, when they have near death experiences.

So here's my two cents about the whole thing: death is such an abstract concept that our minds literally cannot describe it, or conceive of it, without the help of very concrete images. This imagery is usually based on metaphors. The concept "death" is impossible to understand, but "walking towards a bright light" is something our mind can grasp. In the Western World these figurative images are very much a part of our language and way of interpreting reality. They are shared by all the members of our society. We all understand that walking towards a big shiny light means going to the other side.

In a similar fashion, a road is a metaphor for life: we travel along the path of life, and we come at the end of the road when we die. Maybe that is why your mind conjured up the image of road: you have been taught through language and culture to envision life as a road.
Thank you for sharing your experience. They (who ever They are) say that even the most committed atheist will often pray to God when faced with Death.

I believe our perception of time , is simply perception based on the experience of being alive in human form. Time could very well be another dimension , and rather than being linear as we percieve it, it could very well be spherical , and at the moment of death time stops, just as our life force stops, and we continue to exist in the dimension of time.

There are more than 3 dimensions we just can't perceive them in these bodies with these senses. There are more colors than we can see that less "evolved" animals can see. That alone is proof that there is more out there than we know.

It is also believed by scientists that energy can not be created or destroyed , it is in a constant state of changing form. If this is true then whatever happens after your body dies would suggest the energy that animated you continues to change form and exist.

Energy is the 1 constant. It always has been, always will be, it can not be destroyed , it is constantly changing, and it is everywhere.

Most religions of the world describe God as almost the same as scientists explain energy. Einstein believed God could not exist without science, but science could not exist without God.

I think God is everywhere, all the time, and that we are extensions of god, right now we are bound to human form. But if God is Source energy, if God is all the energy in the Universe than maybe life is the Universe becoming aware of itself, maybe we really are all One, and god exists in every atom.

I believe that being a human being may be the cacoon. Would I want to live another life as a human? No. But maybe this body is simply the transition to something better.
Thats bin of one of my thoughts to the energy that in us does not die but moves to sum were else . Whether ower memories go with it or they lost for ever and you re borne in another time and place. Well we all find out in the end as well all die in the end .

H

hatelife

Experienced
Oct 13, 2019
I have been having more and more weird dreams kinda like nightmares, ever since I have been planning my suicide closer and closer, yeah Im scared, before I used to be excited

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
YES ... I have had the path version and also a large door version with two or three semicircle steps leading to its opening. Thanks for sharing ..... guess I'll see how it really looks in a few weeks.

M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I was put into a medically induced coma once and I remember it being like I was floating just beneath the water in a lake on a sunny day. The sun rays rippling through the water, floating weightlessly.

definitely not the same vision as yours, but I hope that's what dying is like.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

This makes total sense. Maybe my subconscious mind is telling me to stay on the path that is life. Maybe it's telling me that I've come to the end of the path. Or maybe it's not telling me anything at all.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
This makes total sense. Maybe my subconscious mind is telling me to stay on the path that is life. Maybe it's telling me that I've come to the end of the path. Or maybe it's not telling me anything at all.

Maybe it's just telling you they have opened a great new pizza place, down the road from where you live :-D

Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Whatever you feel is the right answer, is the right answer.
Can I also say it is the path leading to me and you need to check in. :wink:

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I believe our perception of time , is simply perception based on the experience of being alive in human form. Time could very well be another dimension , and rather than being linear as we percieve it, it could very well be spherical , and at the moment of death time stops, just as our life force stops, and we continue to exist in the dimension of time. During our moments of dying the earthly images so many people describe could be easily explained as an easing to the transition of what is yet to come.

I believe that being a human being may be the cacoon. Would I want to live another life as a human? No. But maybe this body is simply the transition to something better. at least that is what I want to believe.

Well, I've never felt that I need the comfort of believing in supernatural entities or an afterlife, at least not consciously. The thought that existence is meaningless and that this is all there is has never scared me. I prayed to God when I was ill and thought I would suffocate to death, but to be honest, I would have cut off a leg if I would have thought that it would have made it stop, however much of an exaggeration this may seem to be. I don't want there to be an afterlife, at least not for me, and if death means that I'll cease to exist forever I'm fine with that. Yet, this vision confuses me. Over half a year has passed, but it's just as vivid to me today. Maybe it means nothing, maybe it means everything.
YES ... I have had the path version and also a large door version with two or three semicircle steps leading to its opening. Thanks for sharing ..... guess I'll see how it really looks in a few weeks.

To be honest, I was hoping that no one else would have had a similar vision, because then it would have been easier to dismiss it all as a dream or a hallucination. I guess it doesn't matter in the end. As you say, we'll find out eventually. If there's no afterlife, we won't be able to experience our non-existence. If there's an afterlife, there's probably nothing we can do about it.
I was put into a medically induced coma once and I remember it being like I was floating just beneath the water in a lake on a sunny day. The sun rays rippling through the water, floating weightlessly.

definitely not the same vision as yours, but I hope that's what dying is like.

That's truly beautiful. I've actually had a somewhat similar vision when I've meditated, but I've been beneath the water in a creek watching the moon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TrailerTrash
TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

Just Passing Through
Oct 10, 2019
Is this what your vision looked like?
Like you, there isn't a perfect picture of it, but this is close. Mine was like this but just a bit darker overall.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
notjustyetagain

notjustyetagain

Oct 28, 2019
thank you for sharing! interesting story, but the fact you were willing to amputate a leg to make your symptoms stop makes it horrific more than anything. i've also had profound experiences that weren't "true" (e.g. sleep-paralysis hallucinations) but never profound enough to contemplate the existence of an afterlife. that's hardcore.

given your respiratory depression, hypoxia can result in many of your symptoms: breathlessness, severe headache, dizziness (though mostly due to altitude sickness), nausea, and hallucinations (visions?). many people describe their life as a "path" (i've even noticed a few SS members' avatars are paths) so i agree with @Epsilon0 that this common metaphor might have influenced your vision. you mention not being scared by it, but haunting the world as a lonely ghost is a dismal fate. i hope you can ditch that idea at least.

from where does your vision's meaningfulness derive -- the quality/intensity of the vision itself, the fact that you had it under such deathlike circumstances, its mysticalness/supernaturalness, the emotional impact it had on you, the fact you can't shake it, some combination or none of these factors? does recalling the vision or witnessing scenes that resemble it give you flashbacks to how horrible you felt after waking up?

in any case, i'm sorry you went through that. if i went through the same thing, i would probably try to frame it as an intense nightmare, like those i get during sleep paralysis, and consider it to have just as much connection to reality (none). but i wouldn't call my sleep-paralysis nightmares mystical and i can't know how it felt for you. if it seemed as real as to me as i think it seems to you, i'm not sure what i'd do with it. put it in a magic box and pretend it doesn't exist, tra-la-la.

[tangent, near-death experiences: near-dead isn't dead, i trust living/functional brains more than dying/dysfunctional brains, and i'm one of the 80–90% of people who hasn't had NDEs when i've been near death, comatose, etc. but millions of people have reported NDEs. here's a list of common NDE elements. scientific study of NDEs is difficult, with many distinct explanatory models. one of the better studies i know of is AWARE. in this study, one of the 2,090 revived cardiac-arrest patients appeared to recount visual experiences minutes after heart activity had ceased (a time during which a person is ordinarily braindead) which were "consistent with verified events"! a successor study, AWARE II, is currently underway with results due to be released this year. depending on when it's released, i may have already experienced any potential afterlife firsthand... in which case i'll make sure to report back.]

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Epsilon0
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Like you, there isn't a perfect picture of it, but this is close. Mine was like this but just a bit darker overall.

A hallucination or not, I feel that it carries meaning. It neither represents hope nor despair. It just is.
given your respiratory depression, hypoxia can result in many of your symptoms: breathlessness, severe headache, dizziness (though mostly due to altitude sickness), nausea, and hallucinations (visions?).

I never looked into that, probably because I didn't want to think about it again. That hallucinations are a symptom of hypoxia is a strong argument for that it was just that.

many people describe their life as a "path" (i've even noticed a few SS members' avatars are paths) so i agree with @Epsilon0 that this common metaphor might have influenced your vision.

Interesting. I haven't seen other members using avatars depicting paths, but I haven't been around very long. My choice of avatar is my own little nod to my vision, although there's only a passing resemblence.

you mention not being scared by it, but haunting the world as a lonely ghost is a dismal fate. i hope you can ditch that idea at least.

Well, I'm just trying to make sense of it and really don't know what to believe. I see myself as a rational and analytical man. (Except when I have bipolar depressive episodes and see everything through a black veil. I was not having such an episode at the time, though.) I never thought that I seriously would be discussing something like this that so easily can be dismissed as New Age bullshit. Yet, here I am.

from where does your vision's meaningfulness derive -- the quality/intensity of the vision itself, the fact that you had it under such deathlike circumstances, its mysticalness/supernaturalness, the emotional impact it had on you, the fact you can't shake it, some combination or none of these factors?

The fact that it was just there and didn't fade like a dream does. It still hasn't faded.

does recalling the vision or witnessing scenes that resemble it give you flashbacks to how horrible you felt after waking up?

Interesting point. No, not at all actually. I neither experience negative nor positive feelings when I think about it or see something that resembles it. I simply feel a little bit weird.

in any case, i'm sorry you went through that. if i went through the same thing, i would probably try to frame it as an intense nightmare, like those i get during sleep paralysis, and consider it to have just as much connection to reality (none). but i wouldn't call my sleep-paralysis nightmares mystical and i can't know how it felt for you. if it seemed as real as to me as i think it seems to you, i'm not sure what i'd do with it. put it in a magic box and pretend it doesn't exist, tra-la-la.

What I had to go through after I woke up was a nightmare, but not what I saw. I don't know if I would say that it feels "real", but rather "non-dismissible". That probably doesn't make sense.

[tangent, near-death experiences: near-dead isn't dead, i trust living/functional brains more than dying/dysfunctional brains, and i'm one of the 80–90% of people who hasn't had NDEs when i've been near death, comatose, etc. but millions of people have reported NDEs. here's a list of common NDE elements. scientific study of NDEs is difficult, with many distinct explanatory models. one of the better studies i know of is AWARE. in this study, one of the 2,090 revived cardiac-arrest patients appeared to recount visual experiences minutes after heart activity had ceased (a time during which a person is ordinarily braindead) which were "consistent with verified events"! a successor study, AWARE II, is currently underway with results due to be released this year. depending on when it's released, i may have already experienced any potential afterlife firsthand... in which case i'll make sure to report back.]

I've searched somewhat obsessively for accounts of near-death experiences that resemble my vision, but without result. That's why I've been prepared to dismiss it as a simple dream or hallucination. I find it a little bit unsettling that TrailerTrash has experienced something similar.

Last edited:
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've never had a vision like this although I've had a few other types of visions. Where I've seen possible paths that lay ahead of me and had strong emotional feelings. More of a deep precognition or manifest destiny then OBE or NDE.

It felt life changing nonetheless. I just wish I'd have taken them more seriously then I did. Maybe things would've been different, but then again maybe they would be the same so I can't dwell on it.

I'm mainly just posting to say that I find your story and these types in general to be fascinating. I've read about so many NDEs through the years trying to get a glimpse into what could be next.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I recently woke up with a phrase ringing in my head as if someone had said it aloud:

" ... sometimes disappearing into valleys,
but always on the way"

It was gloriously reassuring and seemed very familiar. I finally googled it and it's from a poem I don't recall ever reading by a poet I'm not sure I'd ever heard of (The Bungalows, by John Ashberry). Your images fit it beautifully.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
even if your vision was a hypoxia hallucination, that doesn't explain how persistently/profoundly it's affected you, and although the idea of life as a path is quite pervasive, so are mcdonald's golden arches and they're not exactly mystical. re members' path avatars: i only remember two to be honest -- a coloured one of a nice-looking path through thick forest, and another greyscale one. not really enough to be worth mentioning tbh, apologies.

I don't know if it's correct to label it "profound". It hasn't given me any new insights or changed my life. I'm still here, obviously. It's perhaps more correct to label it "deeply and mysteriously puzzling".

re being rational/analystical. imo it would be irrational to deny the profundity of your experience, and you're analysing whence that profundity obtains. i too would like to understand the nature of visions/NDEs, whether they lead towards or away from some greater truth -- bearing in mind brain-quirks: optical illusions, the mandela effect, false/inaccurate memories, etc. either way, we don't get to choose our profound experiences or beliefs. (tangential gripe re the phrase "choose to believe": can one choose to believe (really, truly believe 100% in one's "heart of hearts") that one is a clock made out of ham? can you choose to believe that you didn't have your vision?)

Very interesting points! Obviously, it has made a deep impression on me, because otherwise I wouldn't have written about it and shared it here. I like how you word it, i.e. visions may lead towards or away from some greater truth. Visions can just as well be tricks of the mind which distort or obscure the truth. My vision might merely be an obstacle I need to overcome to find the truth.

sorry to hear about your "black veil". i think i've experienced similar states and wouldn't wish them upon anyone.

If you suspect that you might suffer from bipolar disorder you should have it checked out as soon as possible. Believe me, it's not something you can handle on your own.

i think your vision will be meaningful to you for as long as you're alive -- possibly longer. ;)

Cheers

TT's corroborating vision is quite the eerie coincidence! re finding more similar NDEs, have you scoured NDERF? (e.g. google link searching nderf.org site for "forest path")

Interesting. For the better or the worse, I can't find any NDE, if that really was what I experienced, that seems to resemble mine. My vision seems a little bit, well, dull in comparison.

Reactions: notjustyetagain
Burden_Bailey

Burden_Bailey

A lonely lesbian
Dec 9, 2023
I might get flak for this post, but I feel that I need to share this with someone. I can't discuss it with my family and friends because they don't know that I'm this suicidal and I don't know how they would react if I told them.

I'm bipolar and get vicious depressive episodes. The last one wore me down completely. I became so tired of life that I started taking potentially, but not necessarily lethal doses of strong alcohol and grinded poppy pods, the latter notoriously difficult to dose and the cause of many deaths. I felt calm and relaxed when I was in the "twilight zone" and didn't know if I would live or die, and tried to convince myself that if I died, it would be an accident and not really my fault. I guess you could call those moments a kind of half-hearted suicide attempts.

At one point I took a stronger dose and was unconscious for at least sixteen hours. I don't know if I was close to fatal respiratory depression, but I'd like to think I was. In any case, when I woke up, I was more ill than I probably ever have been in my whole life. I could barely breathe, had a violent headache, was extremely dizzy and nauseous, couldn't stand up, vomited cascades. It felt as if I was slowly suffocating to death. I was more desperate than I think I've ever been in my whole life and prayed to God on my bare knees that it should end, even though I'm essentially an atheist. This experience has made me somewhat hesitant about exiting and careful about which method to use. I fear the thought of having to go through something similar when I leave.

To get to the point, after those sixteen hours of unconsciousness, a vision had been etched into my mind. It was a vision of a dimly lit and slightly winding path, a bit like a walkway lit by lamps in a park at night. The scene was surrounded by trees and total darkness; I couldn't exactly see the trees, only the silhouette of the foliage. Everything was sort of coloured in pale sepia, like a faded photo from bygone times. There were no tunnels, no bright lights, no people, no entities, nothing but this mystical path. I couldn't see where it led, or I simply didn't think about it. It wasn't a scary or depressing scene, but it was a bit uncanny, because it was unnaturally still and silent. I've included a couple of pictures below which are the closest to my vision that I've been able to find, but they are by no means identical to what I saw.

Now, I've essentially been an apatheist with a strong leaning towards atheism since I was a child. I know that this most probably was a dream or a hallucination and that I should forget about it, but I simply can't. It pops up in my mind at the most unexpected occasions and I've thought much about what it can mean. It doesn't scare me, but it makes me feel a little bit weird when I see pictures or visit places which resemble my vision, however vaguely. Since I believe that I was close to fatal respiratory depression, it has made me wonder if there might be life after death after all, or at least something in the borderland between life and death. I don't know what to think about this. I think one life is plenty and have no desire for another. If I decide to go to sleep among the stars, I want to sleep in peace. Above all, and this is really superstitious, I don't want to become a lonely shadow haunting the realm of the living.

I wonder if anyone here has had a similar vision, i.e. of a path? If you just think this is superstitious and delusional bullshit, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on why my subconscious mind made me see this particular vision.
I'm a Christian, and I do think this is a vision from God. Maybe you should look more into evidence for the existence of God. I used to be an agnostic/atheist and I converted myself. Before I go to bed, I also pray to God that I may die.

Also, just because I'm a Christian, this doesn't mean I think LGBTQ and suicide are bad. I'm bi/lesbian and pro-choice. The Bible never says suicide and homosexuality are sins. The Bible says murdering YOUR NEIGHBOR is a sin. The Church is stupid. Also, Jesus Christ sacrificed himself on the cross, and we're supposed to emulate him, so….

Last edited:
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
It's hard to make any definitive statement about this. It isn't the classic 'void' experience, which is a very dark but peaceful place that NDE researcher Kevin Williams has described as a "time-out" realm. Nor do we have the classic elements of a conventional NDE.

Each legitimate experience is unique, which has been explained by the various states people are in at the time of death.

One interesting report on YouTube recently was from a woman who was drifting in and out of consciousness during a medical emergency. She experienced the other side as like being in a pitch-black room. Somewhat uncomfortable. At some point, a voice spoke to her and said that she was experiencing the outcome of her social withdrawal from other people following the hardship of being abandoned by her ex-husband. Hence, an inner darkness was being manifested.