D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Knowing you will eventually CTB anyway,
Would you throw your life down to save another that wanted to live ?
Why ?

I surely would, because not all people have had the lives or issues I have, some see hope and a future in a better world, gotta respect that no matter how much I disagree.
Perspective and personal experience makes us who we are, without those who would or can LIVE, mankind would fade into existence much faster than it already is.

• Love
Reactions: Remanant, TheSoloBandit and Redacted24
N

no-name9859472882

Student
May 16, 2021
You tryna save me? Take out a big ass loan and pass me the cash before you ctb

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
You tryna save me? Take out a big ass loan and pass me the cash before you ctb
Apparently you misunderstood the question, but thank you for a try at a legitimate meaningful response.
If money is your wish, education and hard work is the only way there, be it crime or time in job.
I'll keep you in mind though in case I win the lottery in my final days and need to dump mad cash quickly.
Would free money make you want to live ?, how much would be enough ?

dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
Of course. Because 1) why not, 2) people probably would change their perspective and see me more like a hero and not as a coward

• Hugs
Reactions: migimortis and Slow_Farewell
N

no-name9859472882

Student
May 16, 2021
Apparently you misunderstood the question, but thank you for a try at a legitimate meaningful response.
If money is your wish, education and hard work is the only way there, be it crime or time in job.
I'll keep you in mind though in case I win the lottery in my final days and need to dump mad cash quickly.
Would free money make you want to live ?, how much would be enough ?
Ngl I disagree if hard work and education was the answer everyone would be rich but it's simply not the case. Our economy atleast in the us rewards liers Cheaters and psychopaths more then the honest hard working man it's simply a fact of life.

To answer your question it's simply too much money to ever ask of a person im in too much debt to ever pay and even if you won a lottery I wouldn't expect you to give a cent to a stranger like myself. For all you know maybe I'm the most deserving or undeserving person for such a thing.

Reactions: CemeteryPet and divinemistress36
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
If the scenario was I could save someone at the cost of my own like shoving a person off of the path of an incoming vehicle but the vehicle hits me and kills me, then big YES. I mean, that's a win-win scenario for me. One would get to hit multiple birds with one stone, so to speak.
1) It would relieve my concern about the grief that a maximum of 3 people would feel when I'm gone. Sure, they maybe under the wrong impression (me doing something nice for someone else instead of me being incredibly selfish by CTB'ing myself.), but i wont be around to correct them.
2) I dont have to think of how society will perceive my end. While society and I do not get along with certain ideals..I'm still a part of it and must abide by it's rules, which is okay for me.
3) I wouldnt have to worry about trauma to the witnesses. Yes, it will still traumatize the witnesses, but the trauma will be associated with something good, i.e, self-sacrifice. Of course, that may end up propagating the ideal that life is so important blah blah blah blah, and yeah, I may end up being cited as evidence for pro-life people but..well, i'll be dead soo i..dont have to deal with that.
4) I wouldnt have to worry about the location. because..it'll be viewed as a self-less act.

If the scenario was I go through the process of CTB, plan it, spend money and effort on it, and when I'm successful a life would be saved (in the sense that they really dont want to CTB but they perceive their circumstances as being hopeless and my death would give them hope or like solve a part or all of their problems) then still yes.

I'm a great believer in personal choices, and the value of life and living is subjective, and differs per person. I wouldnt want to force my agenda/beliefs on someone else.

D

Deadfrogwalking

Jan 15, 2024
Huge statement, gave me some of the food for thought I was looking for, thank you so much !
Selflessness or selfish, a very fuzzy line indeed.
Ngl I disagree if hard work and education was the answer everyone would be rich but it's simply not the case. Our economy atleast in the us rewards liers Cheaters and psychopaths more then the honest hard working man it's simply a fact of life.

To answer your question it's simply too much money to ever ask of a person im in too much debt to ever pay and even if you won a lottery I wouldn't expect you to give a cent to a stranger like myself. For all you know maybe I'm the most deserving or undeserving person for such a thing.
Points taken, thank you for a more meaningful response, you are right, US society does seem to favor liars, cheaters and psychopaths more than honest hardworking people.
Possession/money has become more valuable a commodity than honor, respect, freedom or basic human empathy for another.
It's the ones who need what money can't buy that suffer the most.
Thank you for your candor.

Last edited:
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
In a beat. I've since a child always thought of what I would do to protect someone, anyone, and the answer has always been that I would protect them to death. That's my purpose, to help people.

Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
I think about that all the time. I probably would even if I wasn't suicidal. My life doesn't really matter that much.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I would. If I am allowed assisted death, whatever organs would be in working condition, I would like to donate them to the needy. If I have money, I would like to donate it especially to the disabled. But if I have to push someone and put myself in front of a running vehicle to save someone, I don't think I can do that. I simply have not overcome the fear of physical pain at this point. One of the reasons I want to not exist is physical pain.

CemeteryPet

CemeteryPet

Buried Alive
Jan 10, 2024
If I were to do that, it'd be for selfish reasons. Because I wanna die. Otherwise, no. I'm a selfish person and, tbh, not a fan of people in general. I just wouldn't care enough to even bother.

depressedginger

depressedginger

i exist without my consent
Oct 13, 2023
Knowing you will eventually CTB anyway,
Would you throw your life down to save another that wanted to live ?
Why ?

I surely would, because not all people have had the lives or issues I have, some see hope and a future in a better world, gotta respect that no matter how much I disagree.
Perspective and personal experience makes us who we are, without those who would or can LIVE, mankind would fade into existence much faster than it already is.
if i could split my life between my 3 cats i think I'd do that

migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
Of course. Because 1) why not, 2) people probably would change their perspective and see me more like a hero and not as a coward
Very good point. Typically if you commit suicide, people call you a coward, but if you willing throw your life away, and in the process, save another person, people see it as an act of heroism. So yeah to answer your question OP, yes I would. But I would only feel genuinely compelled to save someone who was a child and didn't know what tf was going on.