WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
I'm not even sure how we got onto the topic but me and him started talking about assisted suicide and in his own words said "You dont have the right to ctb" his thought process is that because it takes away tax payer money to the government people shouldn't have the right to choose what they want to do with there bodies. This is someone who I used to hold at a high regard in my mind but learning he holds this opinion makes me want to stop talking to him entirely. Sorry for the amount of vent stuff im posting.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Huntfish34, pthnrdnojvsc, IndyAna and 12 others
Parting Sorrow

Parting Sorrow

Feb 18, 2023
I get to some extent the knee jerk reaction of people not want people to ctb...but that reasoning is especially disgusting. We are all worth more than just a fucking cog on the wheel of corporations and government.

Reactions: All-Dead-Y, Dainhla, snow leopard and 4 others
J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
This might be one of the most stupid reasons I've heard of so far in regard to a right to die. At least some other pro-lifers believe it's wrong because it's best for the individual, this argument gives no fucks about individual well-being.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, 90starve, melodrama and 8 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
This might be one of the most stupid reasons I've heard of so far in regard to a right to die. At least some other pro-lifers believe it's wrong because it's best for the individual, this argument gives no fucks about individual well-being.
I dont even know how someone reached the conclusion he did considering he also speaks very heavily about free speech
I get to some extent the knee jerk reaction of people not want people to ctb...but that reasoning is especially disgusting. We are all worth more than just a fucking cog on the wheel of corporations and government.
Agreed

• Hugs
Reactions: Dainhla, Rocinante and Dead Meat
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Everybody has the right to ctb and other people's opinions on this should never matter. Continuing to exist could never be an obligation, it's disgusting to just expect other people to be slaves to suffering and prisoners to this existence, we shouldn't have to pay the price all because of the decisions of other people to so cruelly procreate.

• Love
Reactions: enough of this, SilentSadness, 90starve and 5 others
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
It's such a laughably stupid reason that it seems more like he was reaching. Poor bastard might even need it. Lying there at night, in the quiet dark, wanting escape and repeating, "it's for the good of the country. Needs of the many..."

Reactions: All-Dead-Y, pthnrdnojvsc, 90starve and 8 others
msocks

msocks

Apr 26, 2023
I would have expected any other argument besides STAY ALIVE TO PAY TAXES.

I don't even know dude. 🤷‍♀️

• Love
Reactions: All-Dead-Y, 90starve, Dainhla and 4 others
J

jorheslen428

May 4, 2023
It's such a laughably stupid reason that it seems more like he was reaching. Poor bastard might even need it. Lying there at night, in the quiet dark, wanting escape and repeating, "it's for the good of the country. Needs of the many..."
FOR THE COMMON GOOD!

Lol yeah it does seem like it was just the first thing his brain spit out that he went along with. Maybe he'd just taken a poli sci class or something?

• Yay!
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, CarambaAlbum, 90starve and 3 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
Omg this makes so much sense hes a super patriotic dude but me and him have had many talks about us both being unsatisfied with life. Maybe the tax is the ways hes keeping himself around

• Hugs
Reactions: 90starve, Dainhla, Rocinante and 3 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Omg this makes so much sense hes a super patriotic dude but me and him have had many talks about us both being unsatisfied with life. Maybe the tax is the ways hes keeping himself around
Makes sense! Because it otherwise sounds irrational: government orgs create money. If they wanted, they could simply give it to themselves

If he were christian, maybe he'd say god wants him alive so Jesus died for more of his sins

Last edited:
Reactions: Dainhla, Rocinante, jorheslen428 and 1 other person
H

Hotsackage

Enlightened
Mar 11, 2019
in canada theyre doing it to save money

Reactions: 90starve, Rocinante, jorheslen428 and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Hmmm, I don't like that reasoning at all! One of the major reasons I want out is because I don't like being a wage slave. I knew someone who said they wanted to live as long as possible to get the money back in pension that they had paid in 😆.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Rocinante and Aisley
grendel4578

grendel4578

following the freezing moon
May 13, 2023
i guess his logic is basically "i have to pay a little more taxes so people who are suffering immensely can cease to exist and end their torment, that's awful!"
sad that there are so many people like that out there, they want everyone to be a wageslave and want everything to cost money, even death

Reactions: Rocinante and yive
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
i guess his logic is basically "i have to pay a little more taxes so people who are suffering immensely can cease to exist and end their torment, that's awful!"
sad that there are so many people like that out there, they want everyone to be a wageslave and want everything to cost money, even death
it was sad to hear his opinion on the subject in general he was so focused on idea that ctb was selfish because it took money away from the government its like all he cares about it money

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and Rocinante
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You dont have the right to ctb
If not you, then who exactly? As far as I'm concerned, you are the closest person to owning your own body, and subsequently your own fate, as there is. If the real owner of one's own body would like to show themselves, then I say step up, take ownership, and fix the damn problems the world has caused for so many.

• Love
Reactions: 90starve, Rocinante and betternever2havbeen
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
If not you, then who exactly? As far as I'm concerned, you are the closest person to owning your own body, and subsequently your own fate, as there is. If the real owner of one's own body would like to show themselves, then I say step up, take ownership, and fix the damn problems the world has caused for so many.
saying that someone doesn't have the right to ctb in my opinion is a direct way to take away someone freedom.

• Love
Reactions: 90starve, Rogue Proxy and Rocinante
woh6

woh6

Student
May 13, 2023
Christ, so absurd I read it twice to check if it read it correctly. You'd hope that someone's reasoning for not supporting ctb would be that a life is worth more than some tax money but apparently not. ;-;

• Love
Reactions: enough of this, 90starve, Rocinante and 1 other person
ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
That's not a friend. That is a classic control freak who wants to take ownership of your life. No one says something like that without malicious or selfish intent.

• Love
Reactions: enough of this, Rogue Proxy and Rocinante
juxtajuno

juxtajuno

bpd qweenie <3
Jan 25, 2023
that's an exceptionally cruel thing to say, regardless of how he meant it. just as you have the ability to live as you see fit, you should have the right to die also. your body is your own and you exercise autonomy over it, regardless of how other people or "the government" feel(s) about it.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Rogue Proxy and Rocinante
S

Slipkorn

May 10, 2023
Tax payers dollars? That's the sorriest excuse I've ever fucking heard, damn. Way to drive the nail that your just a cog in the machine. Even as suicidal as I am, if you have a reason to live, don't do it. But if you want to end your suffering who the fuck is anyone else to make that decision for you?

You can't die yet, I need you to pay into my retirement. Some boomer energy right there.

• Love
Reactions: 90starve and Rocinante
angel31

angel31

sause
Jun 14, 2023
his thought process is that because it takes away tax payer money to the government people shouldn't have the right to choose what they want to do with there bodies.
Thats such a dumb reason, in the end they dont have to pay you pension, so they actually like have to pay less lol

C

Catastrofe

Student
Apr 5, 2023
It is indeed a dumb reason, but I would suggest this person may also not believe in this. Suicide is one of the topic that shock people when they hear or know about, so this may be a reason this person brain just made up to cover deeper emotions: fear, feelings of abandonment, sense of being powerless in front of it...
Not everyone is capable to understand their own feelings, some others take time and reflection.
Honestly I would be very surprised this reason to be a REAL and deep one.

That said, I am sorry you had to face such an answer and reaction. To feel understood and seing is most probably the most i portant when we open up about these kind of thoughts.

N

niawscm

May 6, 2023
That's fascist thinking - and I mean literally fascist, 1930s style. There are plenty of reasons not to CTB, but "the government owns me and I have no right to deprive them of my tax dollars" is not one.

Reactions: 90starve
Horrors Lazuli

Horrors Lazuli

Oct 12, 2019
Such a negative message to get. I think that society at large is brainwashed by suicide prevention, so try to reframe this in that context. Suicide might be too dark of a topic for this friend. Blame this system, not her.

Reactions: enough of this
CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
That's really dumb. I'm fairly certain that assisted suicide would save taxpayer money.

terminalending

terminalending

Student
Feb 18, 2023
It seems like a very selfish reason. Honestly, most of the arguments against euthanasia/suicide are selfish.

CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I'm not even sure how we got onto the topic but me and him started talking about assisted suicide and in his own words said "You dont have the right to ctb" his thought process is that because it takes away tax payer money to the government people shouldn't have the right to choose what they want to do with there bodies. This is someone who I used to hold at a high regard in my mind but learning he holds this opinion makes me want to stop talking to him entirely. Sorry for the amount of vent stuff im posting.
I don't think a person who says that sort of thing is really your friend...