T

tevel

Oct 25, 2020
(Sorry for my bad English - not my first language)

Some years ago I tried to kill my self by CO poisoning in my car. I think it took about 30 minutes until I lost my consciousness.
Until then I had a weak headache and vomited very little.

I was found after 4 hours by a passerby. He took me out of the car and I woke up after about 15 minutes. I felt stoned, but no pain at all.
I had a lot of CO in my brain so I needed two pressure cell treatments.

After this case I found that in the last three decades the cars have catalytic converter that converts part of the carbon into oxygen.
This innovation makes the car's carbon method much less dangerous.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, NodusTollens, Hopeindeath! and 11 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
-hug- it's always horrible to survive an attempt. im sorry. and thank you for sharing your information with us.

• Love
Reactions: Buffy5120, virginiawoolf86, botanormal and 2 others
A

Aimed

Oct 21, 2020
(Sorry for my bad English - not my first language)

Some years ago I tried to kill my self by CO poisoning in my car. I think it took about 30 minutes until I lost my consciousness.
Until then I had a weak headache and vomited very little.

I was found after 4 hours by a passerby. He took me out from the car and I woke up after about 15 minutes. I felt stoned, but no pain at all.
I had a lot of Co in my brain so I needed two pressure cell treatments.

After this case I found that in the last three decades the cars have catalytic converter that converts part of the carbon into oxygen.
This innovation makes the car's carbon method much less dangerous.

I had a similar horrible experience about 25 years ago. Woke up in hospital in an oxygen cylinder. I'd taken sleeping pills as well though and i dont know how long it had been. Didn't seem to cause any neurological intellectual impairment, as can happen with CO, how about you?

About a day later i took the drip needle out my wrist and left and got the car back, was vomit on seat, and after a while tried again but had more reaction to the fumes, burning in eyes and throat, and the different sleeping pills made me hallucinate people, which i now know those over the counter ones can do in overdose.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, Deleted member 14573, tevel and 2 others
T

tevel

Oct 25, 2020
I had a similar horrible experience about 25 years ago. Woke up in hospital in an oxygen cylinder. I'd taken sleeping pills as well though and i dont know how long it had been. Didn't seem to cause any neurological intellectual impairment, as can happen with CO, how about you?

About a day later i took the drip needle out my wrist and left and got the car back, was vomit on seat, and after a while tried again but had more reaction to the fumes, burning in eyes and throat, and the different sleeping pills made me hallucinate people, which i now know those over the counter ones can do in overdose.
I didn't have any neurological Impairment. The doctors claimed it's a miracle, but I don't think so....

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, Deleted member 14573 and Meditation guide
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Surviving an attempt does more pain psychologically than physically, I'm sorry for your pain.

• Love
Reactions: violetsaturn, virginiawoolf86, botanormal and 2 others
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
tevel, thank you for sharing your experience with us :hug:

Reactions: virginiawoolf86 and tevel
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Would you ever try CO again?

T

tevel

Oct 25, 2020
Would you ever try CO again?
CO poisoning is peaceful, so I think it's a very good way to die, but I don't have a car without a catalytic converter and I don't have a private place to put my car and to be sure nobody will find me for a long time, and at home it's too smelly and dangerous for the neighbors, so I don't think so....

Reactions: depressedsally and Meditation guide
P

pennylanefinaltake

Aug 7, 2020
Oh this was going to be my method of choice...

How have you been doing these days?

Setepai

Setepai

Nov 16, 2020
Oh this was going to be my method of choice...

How have you been doing these days?
Me too... But many dificulttes about the place... Here the house structure would be ideal but have many neigborhoods and in other house the structures are not good but no neigborhoods... Cruel dilema..

depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
I will be CTB at the weekend with CO

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Zebedee, Meditation guide, InTheAirTonight and 2 others
Tonight634

Tonight634

Aug 24, 2020
I'm sorry maybe it's a dumb question but how exactly did you do it? Since this was my plan and I've read it's been done in Asia a lot, did you take a small grill or sumn and burnt charcoal? I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you...How was it like to lose concioussness by CO?

Setepai

Setepai

Nov 16, 2020
Neither
This
I got it... Good strategy! But in my case I still would continue in doubt between yard or forest?
I'd failed once and have many worries about fail again...

The last one was over emoction, no sense.... Actually, I was induced/urged by my "love" at do that... And now I have heavy sequeles and a hopelless disease... Since 2011!

But this time need to be very meticulous and planed like a real PROJECT, whit calculus, measurements and tests...

Last edited:
Reactions: depressedsally
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
I got it... Good strategy! But in my case I still would continue in doubt between yard or forest?
I'd failed once and have many worries about fail again...

The last one was over emoction, no sense....

But this time need to be very meticulous and planed like a real PROJECT, whit calculus, measurements and tests...
I will be out the way from everyone and put signs up to warm whoever finds me about the poison. I have researched this method a lot so I'm quite confident

Reactions: Silvermorning and Setepai
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
There were two recent suicides by car exhaust where cars were left running in a garage. I don't know how they did it but in one, two people died in the house. In the other one, everyone in the house died, the whole family.

• Wow
Reactions: Silvermorning, Gromit-CTB and shay23
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
There were two recent suicides by car exhaust where cars were left running in a garage. I don't know how they did it but in one, two people died in the house. In the other one, everyone in the house died, the whole family.
Oh I wouldn't be doing it in a car or by any other people

Reactions: Gromit-CTB
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Neither
This
I'm jealous, I was thinking of doing this but worried I'd cock it up. I also like the idea of being able to eat food and drink alcohol / take other chill pills with this method.

Reactions: Silvermorning, Meditation guide and Gromit-CTB
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
I'm jealous, I was thinking of doing this but worried I'd cock it up. I also like the idea of being able to eat food and drink alcohol / take other chill pills with this method.
Yes that's what I like can chill have what I like to eat and drink and just take some sleepers and go asleep in tent and not even know a thing

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, Meditation guide and Gromit-CTB
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Yes that's what I like can chill have what I like to eat and drink and just take some sleepers and go asleep in tent and not even know a thing
I was just worried in case didn't get right charcoal, or seal up tent enough, don't want to wake up again.

How are you managing to find somewhere to pitch a tent with the covid thing going on?

Are campsites open? Or in the middle of nowhere?

Reactions: Gromit-CTB
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
Am going in the middle of no where and I've studied this method a lot

Reactions: Silvermorning and Gromit-CTB
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Do you mind if I ask you what kind of charcoal is best, and can you get it from the Jungle site? I don't think a lot of places are selling BBQ equipment this time of year.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Will miss chatting with you but also "happy" if that's right word you have come to find comfort in method

• Love
Reactions: Silvermorning and depressedsally
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Will miss chatting with you but also "happy" if that's right word you have come to find comfort in method
I think it's a cracking method. I've ended up getting SN because I wasn't sure I'd get the charcoal burning etc right, or use the right amount, or the right type, or be able to find somewhere to do it.

It's ironic, covid is one of the reasons I'm so miserable, and it's also the very thing making it hard to do my preferred method.

Reactions: Silvermorning, depressedsally and Gromit-CTB
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I think it's a cracking method. I've ended up getting SN because I wasn't sure I'd get the charcoal burning etc right, or use the right amount, or the right type, or be able to find somewhere to do it.

It's ironic, covid is one of the reasons I'm so miserable, and it's also the very thing making it hard to do my preferred method.
I think with covid we are all becoming a little more resourceful and thinking outside the box

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Silvermorning, depressedsally and 2 others
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I think with covid we are all becoming a little more resourceful and thinking outside the box
Thinking outside the box to find a way into the other box :))

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning, depressedsally, esse_est_percipi and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I worry about the heat and smoke. Unless you do it in winter in a cold climate it seems like you might die of heat.

Reactions: depressedsally
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I worry about the heat and smoke. Unless you do it in winter in a cold climate it seems like you might die of heat.
I think people have been overcome from CO even from cold-to-the-touch BBQs - they give off CO for a looooong time.

You wait until there's no smoke or flames before taking them into the tent.

Reactions: Setepai and depressedsally