S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I haven't been doing anyhing for a long time like two months or more.

I got a call today from a past 'colleague' of mine to go do work, and was offered a job at a high level position. The contract would be for 7 - 11 months and I know I can still do that length commitment.

The project is for Emergency Management Services with The Department of Homeland Security DHS-FEMA in the USA.

It is not an imminent immediate threat type of emergency, and I have three weeks to fully commit and say yes. Several other people are ready if I said no though. It is in the task order stage and has a month before it ramps up, so I have time.

I don't know and wanted to post my dilemma. I've tried this already and the Universe keeps saying no don't... and it is like

I am trying to get excited about it

• Hugs
Reactions: paininme, Circles, LigottiFan19 and 8 others
suicidaltoad

suicidaltoad

Mar 9, 2020
if it'll improve your quality of life, i'd go for it in a heartbeat. sounds like an interesting job tbh

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Fehler, LONE WOLF. and 6 others
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
i learned the hard way by taking a job that my gut told me not to. you are saying that your gut is telling you no? it does sound like a cool job though!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire and Brick In The Wall
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I am fucked. I just can't imagine it today. I am going to seriously think about this though, because it came to me.

I could have been all along, but this guy is a different breed of quality when it comes to this work. Hes the reason why I started it and the original opportunity given to me by him.

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, x~Sophia~x and Brick In The Wall
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
You could try it and if you really don't feel like continuing then you can stop, I know that's not really how it works and you can't really "stop"-probably will lose future opportunities but idk... it's tough but if you feel like you've been doing "nothing" aka unproductive (?) then maybe you will feel better and have a sense of accomplishment?

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire and Brick In The Wall
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You could try it and if you really don't feel like continuing then you can stop, I know that's not really how it works and you can't really "stop"-probably will lose future opportunities but idk... it's tough but if you feel like you've been doing "nothing" aka unproductive (?) then maybe you will feel better and have a sense of accomplishment?
The thing is I know I will love it. The work is not work it is fun. I was ready and wanted to toss any the rest of my life away though, and still do. I don't care about anything but I do... damn it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Miss_Takes, Meditation guide, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
The thing is I know I will love it. The work is not work it is fun. I was ready and wanted to toss any the rest of my life away though, and still do. I don't care about anything but I do... damn it

Find a job that's "fun" is a luxury not many of us have. I'll say take the job. What's the downside risk?

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Miss_Takes, Meditation guide and 3 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I am fucked. I just can't imagine it today. I am going to seriously think about this though, because it came to me.

I could have been all along, but this guy is a different breed of quality when it comes to this work. Hes the reason why I started it and the original opportunity given to me by him.
You sound like you're hesitant but have already decided deep down that you want to pursue it. You're giving more reasons to go for it than not from what I see.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, demuic, Miss_Takes and 3 others
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Isn't that good tho? To give life a chance? If u find work fun then that's awesome

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Miss_Takes, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I don't know and wanted to post my dilemma. I've tried this already and the Universe keeps saying no don't... and it is like
You have nothing to lose. Sometimes you need to jump in.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Miss_Takes, Donk and 2 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You sound like you're hesitant but have already decided deep down that you want to pursue it. You're giving more reasons to go for it than not from what I see.
I know it bc I am trying to convince myself. I was referred to as "the cream..." and this guy man he does not know the thoughts and home calling today Jeez fuck shit damnit fuck.

I'm fine....... I'm fine and ok, okay.. fine? So, go for it then? Hahaha FUCK ME
Isn't that good tho? To give life a chance? If u find work fun then that's awesome
I hate it :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: Miss_Takes, x~Sophia~x and Brick In The Wall
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
If you know that you will love it, what is the hesitation? This sounds like you should go for it!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Miss_Takes, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
GO FOR IT! You know you wanna!
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Good luck!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Miss_Takes and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I know it bc I am trying to convince myself. I was referred to as "the cream..." and this guy man he does not know the thoughts and home calling today Jeez fuck shit damnit fuck.

I'm fine....... I'm fine and ok, okay.. fine? So, go for it then? Hahaha FUCK ME

I hate it :aw:
I mean all we have is our opinions based on what you tell us. I'd definitely go for it if I were in your shoes. But you're the only one who'll know if it's ultimately for the best or not.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Miss_Takes and 3 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Got my drugs next to me, a glass of peach tea and some meds. It's soo easy, could be...

I am ready why this stupid fucked up Universe (sorry Universe.. but come on???) actually it is not.

• Hugs
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams, Miss_Takes, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It sounds like it would me a good opportunity for you based on what you're saying. Sometimes it's worth taking a leap of faith and going for it for life to improve. Doing a job you would enjoy is one of the best things possible. Sending many hugs. You seem pretty stressed. Hopefully drugs and tea help.

• Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Spitfire
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
It sounds like it would me a good opportunity for you based on what you're saying. Sometimes it's worth taking a leap of faith and going for it for life to improve. Doing a job you would enjoy is one of the best things possible. Sending many hugs. You seem pretty stressed. Hopefully drugs and tea help.
I have several grams of inderal in my hand I want to but won't fuck me this is soo stupid

• Hugs
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Ghost2211
T

Tired_Tired

Student
Nov 25, 2019
If you are alive you need money. Maybe can save some for your funeral when you are dead. I think homeless or people don't have family or money don't need to worry about it.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and Spitfire
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I have several grams of inderal in my hand I want to but won't fuck me this is soo stupid
Too bad I can't share some yummy weed snacks with you. Seems like you need some mellow stuff.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire and Teal_Blue_Dreams
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
If you are alive you need money. Maybe can save some for your funeral when you are dead. I think homeless or people don't have family or money don't need to worry about it.
Four years ago I had ten cents and a Jeep to live in and that was it, plus the niceness of people. I have given my sister everything including vehicles. She has control of it all now, thankfully.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
As you said you have 3 weeks to make up your mind. Perhaps you can park both of your current options for a short period and engage in option '3'.... anything other than option 'a' or option 'green'. I dont know your personal circumstances but sometimes when there seem to be opposing viable options and there is no immediacy it can help to walk away from both for a bit ... might be good to have a time limit on this though ... i.e. 'i wont give either option a thought until (date)...' and 'on (date) ... i will weigh my options and make a decision.
I agree with everyone above that you do sound as though you want the job and there are potential benefits in taking it ... but when your alternative is such a serious potential event thats a lot of pressure to put on a 'job' ... and if you decide to take the job the last thing you want in the back of your mind is lingering or intrusive rumination on what you didnt choose.
I wish you well with your decision making.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, Teal_Blue_Dreams, Ghost2211 and 1 other person
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
Pretty sure you have your own lol
lol! not right now but i am eating like i had some. i don't know why i am eating so much today!

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire, Miss_Takes and Ghost2211
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
As you said you have 3 weeks to make up your mind. Perhaps you can park both of your current options for a short period and engage in option '3'.... anything other than option 'a' or option 'green'. I dont know your personal circumstances but sometimes when there seem to be opposing viable options and there is no immediacy it can help to walk away from both for a bit ... might be good to have a time limit on this though ... i.e. 'i wont give either option a thought until (date)...' and 'on (date) ... i will weigh my options and make a decision.
I agree with everyone above that you do sound as though you want the job and there are potential benefits in taking it ... but when your alternative is such a serious potential event thats a lot of pressure to put on a 'job' ... and if you decide to take the job the last thing you want in the back of your mind is lingering or intrusive rumination on what you didnt choose.
I wish you well with your decision making.
I have decided on January 24th. A 'Macgyver hands' call, I guess?

I am really glad you wrote what you did.

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Ghost2211
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I think I will contact the operations manager, and tell him to give the opportunity to another soul.

• Hugs
  • Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: LigottiFan19, x~Sophia~x, Miss_Takes and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I think I will contact the operations manager, and tell him to give the opportunity to another soul.
You don't want to give yourself time to think it over? You have time.

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, x~Sophia~x and Miss_Takes
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
May I ask ... and of course feel free to tell me to stuff off lol ... but is this an attempt to force your own hand perhaps?
Its something I would do ... stacking the odds?

• Love
Reactions: Spitfire, demuic and x~Sophia~x
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
You don't want to give yourself time to think it over? You have time.
Thank you.. thanks RoseyBird
May I ask ... and of course feel free to tell me to stuff off lol ... but is this an attempt to force your own hand perhaps?
Its something I would do ... stacking the odds?
I am totally lost when it comes to life, but I have seen enough to make questions damn fuck this existence is shitty. It sucks!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Ghost2211 and Miss_Takes