• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

author

author

they/them
Jul 13, 2021
I just want to say that the reason I haven't been on in a while isn't because I'm dead, it's because things are starting to get better.

I'm not sure if hope is something people look for here, but things are getting better for me - something I never really thought possible. I still don't have a job, I'm still stuck in my shit household and it's always a fucking mess - but I'm getting better.

I haven't self-harmed in a year, I hit that mark recently. I got HRT, which helped more than I could imagine. Seriously, I didn't realize how much transitioning would help me. I thought I'd be one of those rare people who regretted it, but it was just anxiety. I also got the surgery I really wanted too. It's all covered by insurance due to how poor I am. Being poor sucks ass but at least it means my surgery has to be covered due to where I live. Plus, I reconnected with a couple old friends who brought me into their friend groups, and I'm surrounded by wonderful people. I can't describe it other than I'm floating where I used to be sinking. Things still suck, but not as much. I'm still lonely, but not as much. It's not the same. It's just better.

Hope is something I felt would always betray me. Whenever I used to hope, something seemed to go catastrophically wrong. Now, I think I'm starting to - which might be kind of stupid, but I can't help it. I'm doing my best, surrounded by people who believe in me and will do their best to support me. I've never had people actively support and help me before. Pardon me for being dramatic but it feels fucking life-changing. Being able to transition while surrounded by people who love me is just, insane.

It still sucks, but not as much. Friendship and transition won't SAVE me, but it's helping. And I think I don't want to die. Things are actually kind of... Okay.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
YOU DON'T KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM FOR YOU!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

don't EVER apologise for doing better and for being hopeful. You deserve every little bit of hope and love in this world, no matter when and no matter where.

DON'T YOU DARE think that you are not worthy of all the good things coming your way!!!

Of course, healing and getting better is not a continuous road of feeling amazing, there are ups and downs so don't feel discouraged if things don't always work out. They can and will be better again, I promise.

This makes me so incredibly happy and proud!!!!

• Love
Reactions: author
broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
I just want to say that the reason I haven't been on in a while isn't because I'm dead, it's because things are starting to get better.

I'm not sure if hope is something people look for here, but things are getting better for me - something I never really thought possible. I still don't have a job, I'm still stuck in my shit household and it's always a fucking mess - but I'm getting better.

I haven't self-harmed in a year, I hit that mark recently. I got HRT, which helped more than I could imagine. Seriously, I didn't realize how much transitioning would help me. I thought I'd be one of those rare people who regretted it, but it was just anxiety. I also got the surgery I really wanted too. It's all covered by insurance due to how poor I am. Being poor sucks ass but at least it means my surgery has to be covered due to where I live. Plus, I reconnected with a couple old friends who brought me into their friend groups, and I'm surrounded by wonderful people. I can't describe it other than I'm floating where I used to be sinking. Things still suck, but not as much. I'm still lonely, but not as much. It's not the same. It's just better.

Hope is something I felt would always betray me. Whenever I used to hope, something seemed to go catastrophically wrong. Now, I think I'm starting to - which might be kind of stupid, but I can't help it. I'm doing my best, surrounded by people who believe in me and will do their best to support me. I've never had people actively support and help me before. Pardon me for being dramatic but it feels fucking life-changing. Being able to transition while surrounded by people who love me is just, insane.

It still sucks, but not as much. Friendship and transition won't SAVE me, but it's helping. And I think I don't want to die. Things are actually kind of... Okay.
im so happy for u this is rlly wonderful :') congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: author