T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
My niece. She's 3 1/2 years old, and one of the best parts of my life. We are very close, I'm also very close to my sister. I think I'm more than just an aunt to her, I think I am like her 2nd mum. She really does love me. She tells people I'm her favourite and she loves me. She gets very excited when she sees me, gets sad when she says goodbye.

She's the biggest reason I'm here right now, along with my sister (also other loved ones, but these two are the ones I have the hardest time with the thought of leaving).

After seeing her today, feeling how much she really loves me and how much I love her, I don't think I can leave. It's crazy that a 3 year old can be saving someone's life and they obviously have no idea. So I guess I'm staying. Part of me isn't happy about staying, because I'm in pain with no visible way out of it and I'm exhausted by life. But if I can find a way to survive, and become a functioning member of society again then hopefully I will eventually be glad I stayed.

I change my mind a lot. But after seeing her today, hearing my sister tell me that my niece was saying she loves me in the car, I can't go can I? I've got to stay and fight for a bit longer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, sugar_kitty, newintown and 28 others
cheese.out

cheese.out

Why am I still here
Jul 25, 2023
Happy to see that you have something to fight for and that you are willing to do so. I have the same situation - when I see my little brothers I just cant think of leaving them. Just a little bit more fighting for them - maybe it works, maybe not - we will see and if not we can still free ourselfs from the pain.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, Kit1, DreamWeaver✨ and 4 others
_02aslademe

_02aslademe

I miss you
Aug 22, 2023
I'm glad for you. Having an anchor, something keeping you alive because you want to live for it, is so good. Your niece sounds like a really joyful person and someone that makes you joyful too, and because you feel you should live for her that means in turn you want to live, doesn't it?
Wishing you happiness <3

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, DreamWeaver✨, julysilentwoods and 4 others
Johnks

Johnks

Aug 20, 2023
I understand you, I have a 2-year-old nephew who keeps me going, and for the first time in many years, I actually feel happy when I'm with him

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, DreamWeaver✨, julysilentwoods and 3 others
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Honestly I'm a little envious haha. I don't have anybody like that. I, however, am living for the hope of a better future.

I'm doing great in college, recently got invited to an honors society which I'm thinking about joining as it can at least be used on a resume and I got the $50 to join. I see no downside to this.

And who knows. One day, maybe I'll have a little baby of my own and even more of a reason to stick around. Until then, I shall focus on my studies and leave this small town I live in after college for hopefully bigger and better things

All that being said, I'm so happy for you and I'm glad you want to stick around for her. It shows that you're a good person with a good heart. :)

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, DreamWeaver✨, Tulip<3 and 3 others
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
My niece. She's 3 1/2 years old, and one of the best parts of my life. We are very close, I'm also very close to my sister. I think I'm more than just an aunt to her, I think I am like her 2nd mum. She really does love me. She tells people I'm her favourite and she loves me. She gets very excited when she sees me, gets sad when she says goodbye.

She's the biggest reason I'm here right now, along with my sister (also other loved ones, but these two are the ones I have the hardest time with the thought of leaving).

After seeing her today, feeling how much she really loves me and how much I love her, I don't think I can leave. It's crazy that a 3 year old can be saving someone's life and they obviously have no idea. So I guess I'm staying. Part of me isn't happy about staying, because I'm in pain with no visible way out of it and I'm exhausted by life. But if I can find a way to survive, and become a functioning member of society again then hopefully I will eventually be glad I stayed.

I change my mind a lot. But after seeing her today, hearing my sister tell me that my niece was saying she loves me in the car, I can't go can I? I've got to stay and fight for a bit longer.
Nice

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, rationaltake and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
This is a WONDERFUL thread, filled with wonderful people. Just my 2 cents worth here, but YES, you should be there for your niece and your sister. Your niece has a very special and wonderful bond with you, as she adores you and has a special place in her heart for you.

Reading threads like yours makes my day, week and year so much better with loving souls showing me the wonders of life and human intellectual love.

Lots of huge hugs to you and have a very happy and wonderful time(s) with your niece and your sister, just awesome!

Walter

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Tulip<3, rationaltake and 1 other person
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
All of your replies have warmed my heart and I thank you so much for the encouragement. It means so much right now, with things being so hard.

Sending my love to all of you 💛
Honestly I'm a little envious haha. I don't have anybody like that. I, however, am living for the hope of a better future.

I'm doing great in college, recently got invited to an honors society which I'm thinking about joining as it can at least be used on a resume and I got the $50 to join. I see no downside to this.

And who knows. One day, maybe I'll have a little baby of my own and even more of a reason to stick around. Until then, I shall focus on my studies and leave this small town I live in after college for hopefully bigger and better things

All that being said, I'm so happy for you and I'm glad you want to stick around for her. It shows that you're a good person with a good heart. :)
I am so glad you have a plan for yourself to build up your life and future. It's a good thing to stick around even just for the hope of things improving, and I really believe they will. Keep going, you are doing great just by getting by each day with whatever struggles you are dealing with.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, whywere and ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
All of your replies have warmed my heart and I thank you so much for the encouragement. It means so much right now, with things being so hard.

Sending my love to all of you 💛

I am so glad you have a plan for yourself to build up your life and future. It's a good thing to stick around even just for the hope of things improving, and I really believe they will. Keep going, you are doing great just by getting by each day with whatever struggles you are dealing with.
Thank you!! I like to try and find decent reasons to stick around, and I also think things will improve. I'm in a good, but hard major (computer science) which, if completed, can put me in a decent career!

I hope things get even better for you, and hope you have a great weekend and week!

Reactions: Kit1 and ElysiumRain
D

DreamWeaver✨

Sep 20, 2023
I'm my experience, focusing on someone else and giving them the love and care they need and deserve makes it easier to be here. It's a stepping stone and any reason to keep living is a win in my book. I'm happy that you are making happy memories to look upon during the hard moments. 💕

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Kit1, whywere and Tulip<3
R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Wow. That ist really wonderful. Sometimes I think there are angels around us and they are hidden inside some people.

Get this love and try to heal your inner child with it. Being loved is necessary. Maybe you can find some more children who gives you the feeling of being loved and needed.

I feel happy for you, go on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1